PDA

View Full Version : DHS strategy

Suz36
09-10-2010, 12:36 AM
If you were planning on being at DHS for park opening, and only wanted to do TSM, RnRR and ToT as quickly as possible, how would you go about it?

DisneyPrincess21
09-10-2010, 01:06 AM
If you were planning on being at DHS for park opening, and only wanted to do TSM, RnRR and ToT as quickly as possible, how would you go about it?

I would go straight to TSM, the lines are usually pretty long. Then I would head to ToT And RnRC and see which has the shorter line and hit that ride next. Good luck :wave:

SleepinB
09-10-2010, 02:09 AM
On our last two trips we were there for rope drop and headed straight for TSM. After riding TSM we got Fast Passes for TSM as we headed to RNR and TOT. After RNR and TOT, we rode the Great Movie Ride on our way back to TSM and by then it was time for our Fast Passes.

Greenlawler
09-10-2010, 02:10 AM
As stated earlier, head immediatly for TSM. However I would do this...get a fast pass and then get in line. You WILL want to ride it again. Not sure when you will be able to get another fast pass? If you can after your first TSM ride you know to grab one for RNRR and then ride ToT. If not just do the lines since the two rides on TSM will be worth it.

gerald72
09-10-2010, 06:16 AM
If you can sacrifice one member of your party, have that person get TSM FP while the rest ride ToT, regroup, ride RnR, then use the TSM FP. You'll have them all done on an hour.

We did this one day last visit. My kids actually got in line for Tot and rode it before I got to the end of the TSM FP line.

ANG
09-10-2010, 06:34 AM
I would go straight to TSM, the lines are usually pretty long. Then I would head to ToT And RnRC and see which has the shorter line and hit that ride next. Good luck :wave:

ditto!

lovinmesomedisney
09-10-2010, 08:15 AM
I think it depends on what time of the year you are going. We have gone in September since TSM opened, and we have been able to ride it twice, then fast pass it, then head over to RnRc and TOT. I would imagine if you are going during a peak time, you should definitely ride it, then head over to the other two.

Santuitman
09-10-2010, 09:21 AM
As everyone has said go to TSM first but also if you see a long wait time ask a CM first. Last week it said 80 minutes but was only about 30. The park was so quiet last week we walked on ToT so time of year makes a big difference

azcavalier
09-10-2010, 09:55 AM
If you can sacrifice one member of your party, have that person get TSM FP while the rest ride ToT, regroup, ride RnR, then use the TSM FP. You'll have them all done on an hour.

We did this one day last visit. My kids actually got in line for Tot and rode it before I got to the end of the TSM FP line.

This is the way to do it. Skip actually getting in line for TSM...just go straight to the FP line. Even THAT gets crazy long. So have one person go straight for this, and have the others go ride ToT or RnRC. When the FP person gets there, go on it again. Then do the other one. You'll have time to do them each a few times before your FPs will be available for TSM.

kemps@wdw
09-11-2010, 11:24 PM
We're usually the first at the entry gate in the AM. We head to TOT and RRC immediately @ rope drop. AS I am not a huge fan of TOT, I will take everyone else's card, while they're on TOT, get a FP @ RRC for everyone, get in the single rider line for RRC, ride it a couple of times, meet the others after they're done @ TOT, and then we'll all go to RRC and ride it (again). Now, that being said, this is the 1st time we've been since TSM has been added. So I'm guessin we'll head there next, and see what all the fuss is about (if we can get on) :D

Gregandmel
09-12-2010, 09:16 AM
Those are our top 3 as well. HOwever, knowing that the masses are going to head straight for TSM, the past 2 trips we have opted for this strategy:

We go straight to RNRC for fast passes (one person walks ahead to ge them), then directly to ToT. Because we are usually the first ones in line (we get to the park around 8:20am...we don't mind waiting!) the FP return time for RnRC is about 9:45am. This gives us time to do ToT 2 or 3 times in a row, (because a large portion of people are at TSM). Around 9:40am, (or about 5 minutes before the FP time is "ready" on RNRC) I start the walk over to TSM for a FP. The return time is still pretty reasonable (past trip the return time was about 10:45am - 11:00am - can't remember). Then I go back and we use our first set of FP's for RNRC.

By now it's about 10:00am and we have 45 minutes before our return time to TSM. Since we have been wobbled around by TOT & RNRC, it's time to take a break. If the Great Movie Ride has a small wait, we'll take the opportunity to catch our breath and enjoy this ride, then head over to TSM. Usually the masses who were at TSM are now headed over to RNRC & TOT and we are leaving the area.

EVeryone has a different strategy, but this has worked well for us. Enjoy!!!!!

Jared
09-12-2010, 07:29 PM
I agree with the masses this time. Head straight to Toy Story Mania, ride, then make a beeline down Sunset Boulevard for the two thrill rides. If you manage to avoid the unbearable line at Toy Story, everything else should work smoothly.

MississippiDisneyFreak
09-12-2010, 07:37 PM
we did this last trip and didn't have to wait more than 10 minutes for anything...at park opening head straight for TSM , then go to Rockin Roller Coaster and TOT....