PDA

View Full Version : Do you ever think that someone is getting on your favorite ride?

Daisy'sMom
09-09-2010, 03:54 PM
I was just folding clothes and just thought that someone is getting on TTA. It happens all the time, all of a sudden I will think about that lucky person that is walking down Main Street, the person having the Dole Whip right now, someone is sitting on a bench outside of Germany having a beer, I could go on and on. But then I wondered if others think these kind of thoughts on a daily basis. I hope I am not the only one.:mickey:

EeyoresBestFriend
09-09-2010, 04:26 PM
You most definitely NOT alone in doing that! I like to relive that feeling of being in a particular place in WDW and the 'magic' that comes with it. :cloud9:

I am bad for "mini-vacationing" like that. I tend to do alot of 'a month ago I was enjoying the sun and a french crepe today' or 'three months from now we'll be having mickey waffles in the FQ food court' instead of sitting at work. . . . ;)

I think that is all that keeps me sane some days!! :D

Dsnygirl
09-09-2010, 04:37 PM
:mickey: You are definitely not alone... I don't know that it happens every day (well, at least not now that I'm almost a year out from our trip -- I'll bet it was more like every day for quite awhile after we got back... :blush:) but I do find myself suddenly "in the parks"... picturing walking down Main St, sitting in PoC, walking the queue at EE or going through the trails at AK... my DH always says were blessed to have been enough times that these memories are so clear, it's like you're suddenly "there". :cloud9: Sure helps get through some of those long days!!

luvDaMouse
09-09-2010, 04:46 PM
:blush: I randomly check the wait times on my Iphone while I am at my desk working :secret: just to see how long I would have to wait to get on my favorite rides. I also picture all the people getting lined up for the parades, fireworks etc so you are not alone....;)

darthmacho
09-09-2010, 04:57 PM
This is my curse as well. The other night I turned to a co-worker and said, "Right now, someone is sitting at the Muddy Rivers pool bar, drinking MY drink." :sad:

I always think to myself what people in WDW must be doing right at that very moment. Right now, someone eating at Crystal Palace is getting a hug from Pooh...sigh, now I'm really depressed. :(

;)

pirateyankee80
09-09-2010, 05:11 PM
:blush: I randomly check the wait times on my Iphone while I am at my desk working :secret: just to see how long I would have to wait to get on my favorite rides.

That's funny :laughing:Now I need to get one of those phones.I just live vicariously through friends I know are there, by texting them and making a pest of myself. But I do dream a lot. Its funny how there are never any lines or excessive heat in my daydreams.:thumbsup:

crltkcagle
09-09-2010, 08:19 PM
Yep all the time!

MagicalGuest
09-09-2010, 10:08 PM
I keep music from the parks on my iPod, so when I'm out for a jog it sometimes surprises me by shuffling to "America, spread your golden wings..." or some other park tune. Instantly transports me there and gets me through the jog. Better yet, it puts me in the best mood!

SandmanGStefani24
09-09-2010, 10:24 PM
yeah, I sure hope so!

I think about how much joy I get out of something simple, like people watching while I wait for my sushi at Tokyo Dining. Or finding strange new items in the world showcase, riding into the darkness on the TTA, or simply staring at Cinderellas castle just glad to be there.

I love the idea that someone is enjoying the same things I do, and that what gives me joy can give so many others the same feeling. I'd give almost anything to be there right now, but just knowing at least SOMEONE is getting to enjoy it makes it a little easier to swallow. :cheers:

TikiLounger
09-10-2010, 08:42 AM
I do it all the time. It usually starts when I'm sitting at the gate in the airport, waiting for my flight home and I get to watch the people who just arrived at MCO walk off the plane with excited, happy looks (well, most of them look happy...I always assume they're the ones going to Disney...). I get to think to myself that it's all just starting for them and I imagine all the fun they're about to have. Just think! in three short weeks, someone may be waiting at the airport for THEIR flight home and they'll see me arriving and they'll remember how much fun they just had!

Belster
09-10-2010, 12:19 PM
You most definitely NOT alone in doing that! I like to relive that feeling of being in a particular place in WDW and the 'magic' that comes with it. :cloud9:

I am bad for "mini-vacationing" like that. I tend to do alot of 'a month ago I was enjoying the sun and a french crepe today' or 'three months from now we'll be having mickey waffles in the FQ food court' instead of sitting at work. . . . ;)

I think that is all that keeps me sane some days!! :D

OMG....I do the eact same thing. The other day I said to my husband...we can say a next month we are going to Disney...and next month at this time we can say only 3 more weeks until we go...he said WHAT?

I know we are all crazy but we love it!!!:mickey:

Carolanne
09-10-2010, 12:34 PM
I do something a little different: whenever I see one of my local airport transportation vans, I tend to imagine that the people in the van are going to the airport & heading to WDW :mickey:. Every. Time.

BandMan
09-10-2010, 12:50 PM
Not only is that a big yes from me, but I believe this a large reason why we're all here on INTERCOT. :rocks:

I can only speak for myself, but I come here PRECISELY to imagine either myself or someone else getting on a ride :coaster: (BTMRR for me) instead of stuck in my office teaching beginner saxophones. (You just can't know how bad until you've done it ... ) :help:

ravsluvdisney
09-10-2010, 01:40 PM
I do it all the time. It usually starts when I'm sitting at the gate in the airport, waiting for my flight home and I get to watch the people who just arrived at MCO walk off the plane with excited, happy looks (well, most of them look happy...I always assume they're the ones going to Disney...). I get to think to myself that it's all just starting for them and I imagine all the fun they're about to have. Just think! in three short weeks, someone may be waiting at the airport for THEIR flight home and they'll see me arriving and they'll remember how much fun they just had!

That's always the low point for me, more than the last ride or fireworks, packing up all our stuff and shutting the door behind us one last time. It's the feeling that as we mope through the lobby we seemed to have just checked in but now we're already leaving and THEY are checking in! That's not fair!! :( But you do get to take all the memories with you - let the daydreaming begin!! :mickey:

MississippiDisneyFreak
09-10-2010, 01:51 PM
Can't help but to feel a little:envy: when someone tells me they're going to WDW

elmjimmlm
09-10-2010, 02:36 PM
I have thought the exact same things but I also get jealous when I read how many days someone has to wait and I haven't even planned another trip!!!:thedolls:

Mitzie
09-10-2010, 02:54 PM
Do you want to talk depressing...my DH will say we have 46 days till our trip and 52 days till we are home...All these months of planning and changing stuff and it is gone in a blink of an eye...:sad:

LauraByTheSea
09-10-2010, 03:37 PM
:blush: I randomly check the wait times on my Iphone while I am at my desk working :secret: just to see how long I would have to wait to get on my favorite rides.

Me too. Just did a minute ago... :)

MagicalGuest
09-10-2010, 04:54 PM
I also check Orlando's weather sometimes...especially in the winter when it's cold and snowy here in NJ.

EeyoresBestFriend
09-10-2010, 05:38 PM
I also check Orlando's weather sometimes...especially in the winter when it's cold and snowy here in NJ.

:funny: :high5:

I have the Orlando weather on my Favorites and check every morning . . . . and sigh . . . . Most days wishing I was there . . . . ;)

It's such an addiction!! :D

IrishMickey
09-10-2010, 06:58 PM
Yep all the time! We have Disney music in the car and we pretend we are going on the rides when the song is playing. Today on our way home from school the kids were looking at a photo/autograph book from our last trip to WDW, and the little girl who we carpool with thought it was so cool that we met Capt. Hook and Mr. Smee, my son was in shock that she has never been to WDW:jaw: and even in bigger shock when she said she had never been to Disneyland, he had no response to that, I told him he was lucky, so be gracious for his trips and memories. BTW we also have the weather linked to the Animal Kingdom, the DH loves to check to see what the temp is:mickey:

SandmanGStefani24
09-10-2010, 07:14 PM
that's always a low point for me....shutting the door for the last time....

this is a tough one for me too...looking back at the empty room with all my bags is a tough feeling. :( I have to do it quickly and not look back.

I always like to see what's going on back in the World. News and weather...

AdventurerKim
09-11-2010, 11:01 AM
I was listening to MouseWorld Radio this morning (as I do everyday), and the opening song came on for MK about the time MK was opening. I thought that at that moment people were entering MK and walking beneath the railroad tracks. How I wished I was one of them. :cloud9:

tinka
09-11-2010, 11:46 AM
I do the same thing every day! I also start the countdown way early and annoy the **** out of my DH. The saddest part for me is the last day. We ALWAYS go to the MK on the last day, and I cry every time we walk down Main Street and head back to the airport! And at night when I can't sleep I always grab my Disney books and imangine myself there and what I would be doing!

Gator
09-11-2010, 01:43 PM
I used to think of that after my first and second trips. I'd get sentimental at the one-year mark and think of what I was doing that day at that time. And then I'd become insanely jealous of everyone there right now enjoying a show or getting on a ride. The park I most often think of is the Studios. For some reason, my thought would go to who was at the Beauty & the Beast Show or who's getting on to the Tower of Terror.

I'd finally gotten over this feeling after years of counseling. Now you've got me feeling that way again. I better call my shrink.:crazy:

johnO
09-11-2010, 03:39 PM
Tiki said it right, I too notice the new arrivals at WDW. I'll be at the hotel, see people who have just arrived and can't help but think they're just getting started on their vacation here at WDW. The arrival feeling and excitement is new to them and I have to go home soon. :(

LudwigVonDrake
09-11-2010, 06:07 PM
Usually a week after I come home I do it all the time probably because I wish I were the person getting on that ride.

kemps@wdw
09-11-2010, 10:53 PM

I think that is all that keeps me sane some days!! :D[/QUOTE]

:ditto:

WDWCrazyKaren
09-13-2010, 09:31 AM
Yup, and it's always someone slowly walking up the Spaceship Earth entrance. The part that goes up? Just before you hit the moving roundabout? The smell just before you get inside reminds me that I'm truly in my happy place. If I think hard enough, I can smell that and picture someone standing there getting that first whiff :cloud9:.

grumpyguy
09-13-2010, 01:00 PM
When "real life" is hitting hard,i'll often think to myself....:cloud9:just think right now,someone is in line for my beloved TOT!!!
or..right now someone is just getting to their resort for their first day...and so on and so on.:thumbsup:

Joannelet
09-13-2010, 02:32 PM
I'll be going about my day and then suddenly something reminds me of a ride etc. and I think about how everyone who is there right now gets to enjoy a dole whip, ride on any ride that they want, meeting Mickey Mouse etc.
This is why I love reading trip reports!!! It brings me there everytime!! :)

kemps@wdw
09-14-2010, 10:10 AM
You are most certainly NOT the only one! I'm sitting here (on my day off) in my jammies, having my coffee, wondering who, at this very moment, is walking thru the sliding doors @ the WL, and feeling and smelling that "pacific northwoods" breeze blow gently in thier face, and upon entering, hearing the most wonderfully soothing music on Earth. :cloud9:

Laughin' place
09-14-2010, 01:27 PM
We live near two large airports, and every time I see a jet headed south, I imagine the lucky guests on their way to WDW:cloud9:

MPoppins
09-14-2010, 10:56 PM
:funny: :high5:

I have the Orlando weather on my Favorites and check every morning . . . . and sigh . . . . Most days wishing I was there . . . . ;)

It's such an addiction!! :D

I often visit the WESH2 News website just to get a dose of O-Town happenings! I discovered just this morning that there is now a WESH2 iPhone app!

I do all of the crazy :blush: things mentioned here! I love it that you all do it too!!!!:thumbsup:

AllDisney
09-15-2010, 08:21 AM
I check the weather forecast for the week so I can imagine if I will need shorts or jeans for the day.

We'll be having breakfast over the weekend and my husband looks up at me and says "What park do you want to head to today?" We imagine all the attractions that await us and know that soon our WDW will arrive:thumbsup:

Call us crazy but isn't that why we are all here
on Intercot.....to dream:cloud9:

Snickerdoodle
09-15-2010, 10:04 AM

Glad I'm not the only one :thumbsup:

joonyer
09-15-2010, 11:18 AM
Somebody (a lot of folks actually) is getting good and wet right now on Splash Mountain. Wish it was me. :sad:

tinkergal
09-15-2010, 12:28 PM
My boss' cologne smells like the ocean scene in Soarin'. It's a weird association but there are days when you take what you can get! :D

Wishing I were there...

joonyer
09-15-2010, 01:32 PM
The OCEAN? Isn't that the cologne (idea) that Calvin Klein stole from Kramer?

waymickey
09-17-2010, 09:15 PM
today while I was sitting in traffic on the way home from work I thought man someone is getting on the toy story mania ride right now ...wish it was me. Then I thought someone is sitting in front of the fireplace at the WL. disney dreaming...