PDA

View Full Version : Disney's Photo Pass System

JLNorton
09-09-2010, 10:55 AM
I have read that the cd can be ordered online. Can this be ordered prior to going or is it a good idea to wait until we get to the park to purchase. Also can our pictures we take be added to the cd at the park. Thank you for the help. :mickey:

Strmchsr
09-09-2010, 11:34 AM
:welcome: to Intercot!!

Yes, you can pre-order the cd before you go. They used to run a special where it was $99 if you pre-ordered, but I haven't see that advertised recently.

You can definitely upload your own pictures and add the borders, etc from the Photopass website.

go here for the official Photopass (http://www.disneyphotopass.com)website for all the details.

faline
09-09-2010, 11:38 AM
Actually, they are offering discounted pre-orders once again.

http://www.disneyphotopass.com/previsitoffer.aspx

Strmchsr
09-09-2010, 01:31 PM
Thanks, Linda! I couldn't find the link for that.

faline
09-09-2010, 01:41 PM
Thanks, Linda! I couldn't find the link for that.

You're welcome!

pirateyankee80
09-09-2010, 04:45 PM
http://www.disneyphotopass.com/previsitoffer.aspx[/url]

Go to the link, choose which offer you want, create user name and password and it will be in your shopping cart :thumbsup: easy ! I just did it !

DizneyRox
09-09-2010, 06:55 PM
I have read that pictures taken BEFORE you pre-order the CD will not be eligible for the CD, so definitly order it BEFORE your trip.

There was a "loophole" that people used to pre-oder the CD after thier trip. This was all fixed before they offered the pre-order again.

DO NOT register your photopass card before your trip though. The photopass number is good for 30 days after you register it. We checked our pictures at the photopass kiosk each day and a few days AFTER our trip we put the photopass number on our account. This gave us 30 days AFTER our trip (not including the days of our trip) to customize the pictures, etc.

Take a picture of the card as soon as you get it. That will capture the numbers in case you lose it. You can have any number of photopass numbers attached to your photopass online account. So don't worry about forgetting your card one day, just get another one at the parks and add it to your account AFTER your trip.

Finally you can add the "event" pictures to your photopass card as well. Those include character breakfasts, etc. You will still need to buy the package to get the number off the pictures, but it's nice to get a digital copy of the pics too.

Genie1953
09-09-2010, 11:22 PM
Word of warning about multiple cards. We had 2 cards that we used while we were there. Two or three days before our scheduled checkout date I decided to use my IPhone to look at the pictures we had taken so far. Entered the number for card #1 and saw the pictures just fine....entered the number for card #2 and it kept telling me it wasn't valid. So the next day I took it to the Photopass studio at Magic Kingdom. They told me there were definitely pictures available for that card number and even let me look at them. They they tried to add the card number to my account but again it said the number was not valid. Sooooo they copied the pictures from that card over to the other card. They told me to try not to use that card again and said if possible....the day we left we should head to a photopass studio and have them copy the pictures over to the other card again just in case it still didn't work when we got home. I am so glad we did that as we could never get that card number added to our account. Had we not done that we would have lost all of the pictures that were on that card. Anyway.....just a warning

DizneyRox
09-10-2010, 07:27 AM
Sounds like a problem with that second card, not the fact that you had multiples. Had that been your first card and only card, I suspect you would have had the same trouble. We had four cards on our last trip, added them all to our photopass account and no troubles, no bubbles...

misspriss
09-10-2010, 09:11 AM
Can someone tell me how far in advance you need to pre-order the photopass before your trip? We leave in 7 days, so I'm curious if it is too late to do this. Thanks!

Strmchsr
09-10-2010, 10:19 AM
Can someone tell me how far in advance you need to pre-order the photopass before your trip? We leave in 7 days, so I'm curious if it is too late to do this. Thanks!

To the best of my knowledge it's just order before your check-in date.

pirateyankee80
09-10-2010, 03:36 PM

According to the Photopass web site you need to purchase the CD before any pictures are taken. Only pictures taken after the purchase of the CD will be included :photo:

disneymom2000
09-10-2010, 10:45 PM
I did the pre-paid prior to my last trip and it was awesome. I am even using one of the pictures that I added a border to as a Christmas card this year. You won't be disappointed.

mickeyman42
09-14-2010, 07:14 PM
this may be a silly question but if I pre-purchase the cd, can I then take it to a different (potentially cheaper) photo store to print off the pictures or can I only look at them from the cd?

faline
09-14-2010, 07:20 PM
this may be a silly question but if I pre-purchase the cd, can I then take it to a different (potentially cheaper) photo store to print off the pictures or can I only look at them from the cd?

Once you receive the CD, it is your CD. Disney will include a waiver allowing you to print copies of the photos on the CD and/or download them to your computer. I've not experienced any restrictions with the photos that are delivered on th CD.