PDA

View Full Version : No longer Dec. SOLO trip..

Disney Buff
09-08-2010, 04:19 PM
So my SOLO trip is no longer SOLO. I have decided to do a once in a lifetime thing and take my 6yr old daughter with me. So we will have a girls only trip leaving DH and DS3 home. Very excited for this opportunity and waiting for the day I am supposed to leave to surprise her. I am going to ask her to take me to the airport and hand her her own bag and ask her to join me. Taking her out of school for 3 days which was very hard for me to agree on but like I said this is a once in a lifetime deal. I can't wait she is going to be sooo excited. I will now have someone to cry with while walking down Main Street or watching the fireworks.

Any ideas on fun things for just us girls to do?

Disney4us2
09-08-2010, 04:36 PM
It is just DD and I. When she was 5, we went to all the princess meet & greets. Dined with with princesses at Akershaus, CRT and 1900 Park Fare. We also rented a small boat for a while. You could both do the BBB, and be princeses.

We will be there in December as well. We plan on seeing all the decorations at some of the hotels. Make sure you visit the Grand Floridian. The gingerbread house is awsome.

I am sure someone else will be along with more ideas. Have a great trip.

Daisy'sMom
09-08-2010, 04:55 PM
This will be a trip you will always cherish. I know you will have an amazing time. Don't forget to do photopass, so you can always share these days later. :mickey:

2MuchWDFun
09-08-2010, 06:08 PM
Since this is a once in a lifetime trip, how about having tea together at the Grand Floridian's Garden View Tea Room? There are two choices--a character based tea with Aurora where your daughter will receive an American Girl type Disney doll, tiara, etc. Or you can enjoy a lovely high tea service together.

Here's the info I found on Intercot:
My Disney Girl's Perfectly Princess Tea Party costs $225 for two. Guests age 3-11 will receive a "My Disney Girl" collectible doll dressed in a matching Princess Aurora gown, plus accessories. Each princess will also take home their very own Princess tiara, Princess link bracelet, rose, scrapbook page, and a "Best Friend" certificate.

Schedule: Thursday through Monday from 10:30AM-12PM
Available to all guests. Space is limited.
Price: $225.00 - For both of you-One adult and one child (3-11).

You can also do a non-character tea between 2-5pm--adults pay around $20; your daughter's cost would be around $10. You receive tea, sandwiches, scones, etc. Just google "tea at Grand Floridian" and you'll find lots of info.

1EeyoreFan
09-08-2010, 07:48 PM
My DD5 and I had a special "big girl" tea party at the Grand Floridian. That was a great treat! They served her chocolate milk from a china tea pot and she got to pick out two pastries off the tray at the end of her tea sandwiches. We had a wonderful time. Gave us some time to recharge our batteries for round two at the parks!

Disney Buff
09-08-2010, 08:41 PM
Thank you for the great ideas. Can't wait.