PDA

View Full Version : Rental Car Question?

wilcat
09-08-2010, 11:48 AM
If I pick up a rental car :car: at Orlando Airport can I turn it in on Disney property and if so what rental company's are on site at WDW and where are they located? I may not need the car for the whole week and might want to turn it in early without having to drive back to the airport to do so. Is there an extra cost to do this? Any info you have would be helpful. :mickey:

Thanks,

Cathy

deedeenmickey
09-08-2010, 04:07 PM
I don't think so. I rented mine from Alamo to pick up at the airport and then a friend offered to pick me up. I was going to get the car at the Alamo on property and they wouldn't let me. The best bet is to call and ask them. Also they have a deal where you can pay $6.00 and use the sunpass lanes on the toll roads. If you are going to drive much I suggest doing this. It is way more convenient!

lindique
09-08-2010, 06:20 PM
If I pick up a rental car :car: at Orlando Airport can I turn it in on Disney property and if so what rental company's are on site at WDW and where are they located? I may not need the car for the whole week and might want to turn it in early without having to drive back to the airport to do so. Is there an extra cost to do this? Any info you have would be helpful. :mickey:

Thanks,

Cathy
Cathy, Yes, you can certainly do this - I do it nearly every trip. National and Alamo are on-site at both the Disney Car Care Center and the Dolphin Hotel. You can rent at the airport and drop off at either one - if you drop off at the Car Care Center, their mini-bus will drive you back to your hotel or wherever else you want on property. Some of the other major car rental companies have offices at the hotels on Hotel Blvd - I know that Dollar, Avis, and Budget are there.

As for pricing - sometimes it's cheaper, and sometimes it's more expensive to drop the car at Disney. I know that they don't charge drop off charges, but the rates vary. You can keep trying until you find the combination of codes that give you the best price.

brownie
09-09-2010, 12:57 PM
If it works for your plans, you could always just rent the car on site at Walt Disney World and use it for the days you need it. Use Magical Express to get to and from Walt Disney World.