PDA

View Full Version : AKL Summer 2010 Monday July 26

1goofydad
09-08-2010, 10:50 AM
Up and at it early for EMH HS. On bus and arrived for opening. DW stayed back for relax and read pool side and coordinate the move.Rick had his Intercot hat and shirt on and while we were waiting for rope drop and we meet Kyles Mom! We followed the crowd to TSM and were enjoying it within 10 min of the rope drop. As we exited the ride, written in the sky was "GOD LOVES YOU":thumbsup:How cool is that. This is going to be a great day. Headed over and got a FP for RNR then rode TOT twice then back to stand by RNR until our fast pass was ready. RNR was down so we headed to Star Tours, Muppets, Back stage tour and then used our FP for RNR. Molly and Noah were in the front of the line and Molly explained to the cast member how excited she was and this is so cool and this is her first ride. The cast member gave her a special pass so everyone in her party could ride again:thumbsup: Are you serious? That was awesome. Started to head out of the park, got some ice cream and fudge and meet the cook in street serving his "Cheese and Quackers" (rudder duckies under serving tray). Back to AKL new room still not ready. Ate pasta and meatballs and room was finally ready. New room had a spot on 4 acre view of the Savanah:cloud9:. The front desk sent us a huge gift basket with drinks and snacks, gave us full credit for Sunday night, and 2 single day park hopper passes for 9 of us:mickey:. I would have to say, they more than made the ant problem up to us, and Rick and Melony are now my offical spokes people for whenever I have a problem with anything:number1:

After that we headed to Jambo house for a swim but had to wait 30 min because someone was :sick: in the pool. We had some drinks pool side and then in for a swim. There was bee floating in the pool, just as DW was asking me to get it out of the pool I reached for it and, turns out it was alive. It stung me:(. I dont know what kind of bee it was but man it really hurt. Swam some more, then back to room to get ready for AK. Headed right to EE. This was the Hottest night or time of the trip. AK always seems hot but tonight it was really bad. Made it thru the Que and it is our time to ride. The McCords had never been on this ride and we had ridden it once during the day. We all were looking forward to it. We were all smiles and enjoying the ride to the top, then IT Happened...............I don't know if Lisa forgot we go backwards during the ride or what but she saw the broken tracks and they yelled out OH S---! then started SCREAMING. At first I thought she was having fun :party:and playing it up for Rick and Melony who were sitting right in front of us. I saw their reaction to the noise that was coming out of Lisa who is usually pretty much in control of herself. Rick and Melony looked at each other then started laughing, then I start laughing because i think Lisa is enjoying herself. ( Lisa goes to Disney because the kids and I love it--not really a ride person). All of the sudden her arm reaches to me and i am still thinkig she is really liking this ride. I couldn't have been more wrong. She asked how much longer and just wanted it over. I thought it was about over and told her that but .....again i was wrong. The ride finally ended, I help her out of the car and to a seat. Rick ran to buy the pictures and Melony saw Lisa needed some time and gathered the kids. Lets just say, she will NEVER go on that ride again......EVER. She recovered and we walked around. Did the Dinosaur ride and called it a night. We did alot and had a wonderful day. Melony thought it might be a good idea if we all slept in the next day. So that was the plan.

yjgirl32
09-08-2010, 10:56 AM
great report. thanks for sharing.

RedSoxFan
09-08-2010, 01:02 PM
Great day. Glad to hear AKL made up for the ants in the room.

gauvin4
09-08-2010, 02:35 PM
So glad to hear Disney was so kind to you. Sounds like DW provided some good entertainment for the gang. I look forward to reading more.

MississippiDisneyFreak
09-08-2010, 02:45 PM
Thanks for the report

faline
09-08-2010, 06:23 PM
First ants!! Then a bee!! What a buggy trip!

Glad the new room is so nice! And it's also nice that Disney made up for the issues you had!

Rick McCord
09-17-2010, 10:02 AM
This was one of the best days of the trip. (Well they were all the best - but this one will go down in history!!!!)

DW's reaction on EE was classic. The screaming added to the nighttime ride effects. We had such a great time with such a great family!!!!

SBETigg
09-17-2010, 12:25 PM
Tell me you didn't go in It's Tough to Be a Bug after all that? Sorry about the bee sting, glad you're not allergic! So great that they made it up to you with the ant fiasco. Oh my gosh, poor Lisa on E:E! I hope she can look back and laugh later.

KylesMom
09-20-2010, 03:43 PM
It was wonderful being able to meet your whole "family" together that morning! DHS is one of my favorite parks at Disney, and to say that I was preoccupied with soaking in the sights & sounds prior to park opening is an understatement. DH was absolutely floored that he noticed Rick's INTERCOT gear before I did - no small feat! I'm sorry that I didn't bump into your group again during our trip - I could tell how happy you all were to be together & how much fun you were going to have.

I'm so pleased to hear that Disney stepped up & rectified the room situation and then some. And your evening adventures at AK? Priceless - although Lisa has a very different word for it, I'm sure! :D Hopefully the bugs will leave you guys alone and each day will be as great as this one was for you! :mickey:

Jennifer_and_Chris
09-20-2010, 03:49 PM
WHEW!!!! I'm so glad to hear the Disney "did their thing" and pulled through for you on the room. Man, now I'm nervous about the bugs!

Sounds like a great day (well except for the EE blooper!):D