DS Connor 12
DS Noah 10
Mc Mouse aka Rick McCord
DW Melony
DS1 Ricky 18
DS2 Michael 16
DD Molly 12

Saturday July 24

We drove from Litiz, PA. Left town at 2:30pm and are driving straight thru. Animal Kingdom lodge-Kidani 2 bedroom dedicated savanah view! Traffic not too bad, the worst was getting past the DC area. We passed multiple Army convoys, stopped to stretch and get a snack at little past Manassas. Melony had made the best huge chocolate chip cookies. Piled back in to put more miles behind us. Stopped for gas and dinner then straight on thru. Along the way, stopped thru out the night for coffee and bathroom break. At one rest stop, in So Carolina I think, someone was parked right at the main walk way and was trying to sleep and actually yelled for us to be quiet. Seriously? why would you try to sleep at the main walk way? Anyway on the way out of the parking lot, the horn went off form the McCord mobile! It was a accident but we had a good laugh. Guess he isn't sleeping now!

Arrived and had breakfast at the Dennys outside Downtown Disney around 800am and drove to AKL. Yeah we made it safe and sound. OUr room is ready> Yes, this is great! Room 7667.Loved the room, view was good but not great. It is so ccol to see animals from our room Unpacked, the back into car (rented a Ford Flex) and drove to Publix for groceries. McMouse and Melony had made most of our dinners and froze them for easy meals. Worked out great. Dw crashed and we went to pool and explore the hotel and Community Hall. DS2 loves the Community hall. Favorite place no matter where we stay. We are DVC members. Dinner was chicken that night. Yummy. While waiting to eat, Michael noticed ants on the fllor. We check all the sliding doors and that is where they are coming from. Problem:(. DW allergic. Called and asked for new room. They had one left. DWives went to check out room with a Disney host. The neighbors were yelling and screaming and the Disney host said no way. We decided to just ask to spray the rooms and headed to Jambo for night vision. We provided our cell # but did not recieve a call. Arrived back to room, no sign of spray treatment and no message. I called the desk and was told they didn't come yet. Turns out they did and did not tell anyone at the hotel they came and sprayed. keep in mind we have been up since 8am saturday morning, and it is now Sunday night around 10 pm. We are tried and ready for bed. After a few calls of not really any answers i am over it. I closed the door very fast, ok I slammed it. McMouse and melony went to desk and spoke to manager. The exterimator arrived back and basically said the ants would not be dead for 5 days and they can not spray something because the room is occupied. We were welcomed home and this is not working out, all tired and really need a special vacation and so far this is not good. Promised they would have another room the next day.:thumbsup:

RedSoxFan
09-08-2010, 10:07 AM
How awful --- a room full of ants.
Not a way to start a vacation.

yjgirl32
09-08-2010, 11:00 AM
That stinks. Hope they help you guys out the next day.

faline
09-08-2010, 01:35 PM
Not the best of beginnings! Hope things look up after gettng some much needed sleep!

gauvin4
09-08-2010, 02:19 PM
Thanks for the report. I hope things improve from here on out.:mickey:

MississippiDisneyFreak
09-08-2010, 02:48 PM
How awful, my son is allergic too:(

Rick McCord
09-17-2010, 10:04 AM
As you will see in the following reports...AKL came through. WE HAD SUCH A GREAT TIME!!!! Wish we were still there.

SBETigg
09-17-2010, 12:06 PM
Wow, so sorry about the ants! That's awful. The ride sounded like fun, with chocolate chip cookies. But being tired and unable to relax, no good. I hope things got better fast! (I'm sure they did, you're at WDW).

KylesMom
09-20-2010, 03:11 PM
That's quite a haul - I'm glad you've arrived safely.

Hmmm - I remember hearing the horrible ant story from a group of wonderful guests my family and I met while waiting in line at DHS. :blush: It still amazes me that a) there were ants in your room at all; and b) the follow-up was so poor for your upon arrival - but I'm sure glad it was rectified! Looking forward to finally reading your reports! :mickey:

Jennifer_and_Chris
09-20-2010, 03:43 PM
oh, no!!! We are staying at Kidani and I hope that we don't get an ant room. I'm allergic!!!! I'm anxious to hear more reports