PDA

View Full Version : F&WF Mini Gift Card

BigRedDad
09-08-2010, 08:27 AM
We are going to the F&WF in 4 weeks. On the Disney site, it specifies...

"You can even pick up a Food & Wine themed mini Disney Gift Card — a fast, easy and secure way to carry your money on your wrist, and simply the best way to experience the Festival."
F&WF Link (http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/parks/epcot/special-events/epcot-international-food-and-wine-festival/)

Does anyone know if we purchase Disney Gift Cards that those could be loaded on to the "special" minicard for the F&WF?

It is my mom's B-day in 2 weeks and we will get her gift cards for the F&WF but don't want her to have to carry around 4-5 cards and guess at the amounts remaining on each. She might have also already purchased one for herself.

BugeyedMuggy
09-08-2010, 09:40 AM
I believe the answer to this ? is you cannot buy a gift card with a gift card. Someone wanted to combine 2 gift cards and was told they could not. Things could have changed tho.

VWL Mom
09-08-2010, 09:44 AM
I know when I use the rewards card you are always given a receipt which tells you how much is remaining on the card. I would think gift cards are similar so there would be no guessing involved.

TheDuckRocks
09-09-2010, 10:25 AM
We are going to the F&WF in 4 weeks. On the Disney site, it specifies...

"You can even pick up a Food & Wine themed mini Disney Gift Card — a fast, easy and secure way to carry your money on your wrist, and simply the best way to experience the Festival."
F&WF Link (http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/parks/epcot/special-events/epcot-international-food-and-wine-festival/)

Does anyone know if we purchase Disney Gift Cards that those could be loaded on to the "special" minicard for the F&WF?

It is my mom's B-day in 2 weeks and we will get her gift cards for the F&WF but don't want her to have to carry around 4-5 cards and guess at the amounts remaining on each. She might have also already purchased one for herself.

Looking at the PDFs attached to the Disney site, it seems as if this gift card is only going to be honored at Epcot for F&WF. The advantage over the regular gift cards is it appears as if this one has a hole on it so it can be worn on your wrist for easy access.

Oh, oh I was wrong! You can use it elsewhere. Here's the offical wording from the site:

DISNEY GIFT CARDS
A special festival-themed mini DISNEY GIFT CARD is a convenient
way to carry your money right on your wrist. You may purchase the
DISNEY GIFT CARD at Epcot® Main Entrance Ticket Booths and
Guest Relations, plus locations in the Festival Center; Festival Gift
Shop by Canada boat dock; World Showcase Merchandise Shop; Port
of Entry; Disney Traders; World Traveler at International Gateway; and
Bridge Kiosks.
The Disney Gift Card can be used at select participating locations at
Disneyland® Resort, Walt Disney World® Resort, Disney Cruise
Line®, Disney Store locations in the U.S., and DisneyStore.com,
DisneyPhotoPass.com, Disney Vacation Club®, and Adventures by
Disney. Visit DisneyGiftCard.com for complete terms and conditions.