PDA

View Full Version : Cheating?

Disney Doll
09-07-2010, 06:00 PM
I was just looking at our options with the GAD vouchers we have since our trip is coming up and I saw recommendations to redeem and then immediately upgrade to a multi-day pass thereby saving the full price of a one day pass instead of the minimal difference between a 4 day and 5 day pass. Is that cheating? I don't want to feel like I am being dishonest or working the system in a way it was not intended. What do you guys think? Is that a loophole or a legitimate use of the voucher?

W24toISMdirect
09-07-2010, 06:12 PM
Asking that question on this board is rather pointless as several users here have nothing better to do than go into an over the top freak out every time they decide based on their own whims that something might be cheating (which happens to be anytime anyone tries to works out a deal to their advantage).

Anyway, my opinion (which makes me HUGELY unpopular here at Intercot) on this is the same as my opinion on pretty much everything, if you unsure give it a shot, they either allow it or not allow it (as such you should have a plan for them not allowing it). If they (meaning people Disney employs to enforce the rules) allow it, it's not cheating dispite what the next several entries complaining about "people always trying to get something for nothing."

I prefer to think of people trying to get "something for nothing" as people trying to get "more for the several thousand dollars it costs to go to WDW."

Just remeber if you go by the concensous of the message board your responsibility is to thoughtlessly fork over cash and be darn grateful for whatever Disney decides to give you for it. Anything else is why they took appitizers off the Dining Plan.

gerald72
09-07-2010, 06:20 PM
W24toIS, your first paragraph is right on the money. I've noticed that a lot.
If Disney allows it, then it is fine. They know all the "loopholes.". If they didn't want you to do it, they wouldn't allow it.

deedeenmickey
09-07-2010, 06:43 PM
If Disney allows it then it is fine in my opinion. They have people who work out every possible option and I don't think you are getting around anything. If you get to do it then Disney says it's ok. That is all that matters. This is not the same as the people who bring 5 year old mugs and use them or trying to share passes.

Melanie
09-07-2010, 06:53 PM
Asking that question on this board is rather pointless as several users here have nothing better to do than go into an over the top freak out every time they decide based on their own whims that something might be cheating (which happens to be anytime anyone tries to works out a deal to their advantage).

Anyway, my opinion (which makes me HUGELY unpopular here at Intercot) on this is the same as my opinion on pretty much everything, if you unsure give it a shot, they either allow it or not allow it (as such you should have a plan for them not allowing it). If they (meaning people Disney employs to enforce the rules) allow it, it's not cheating dispite what the next several entries complaining about "people always trying to get something for nothing."

Not sure where you are going here, because if it's something that Disney allows (which in this case it is), we have no problem with discussing it. I think you are being EXTREMELY harsh and presumptuous regarding our membership as a whole, and it's definitely a legitimate question from the OP.

What we do discourage is discussion of legitimate "cheating the system", and yes, we are pretty strict about it. If Disney doesn't allow it, we don't allow discussing ways of getting around it. Period. Unfortunately we have folks (though very few, thank goodness) who like to stir the pot and start this kind of discussion.

But back to the OPs question - yes it is allowed. I used mine and my son's GAD vouchers in August to renew our APs. It's a great savings.:thumbsup:

magicofdisney
09-07-2010, 06:57 PM
Really? :confused:

hoop de do
09-07-2010, 08:52 PM
Great answer and well stated Melanears.

Renfairwedding
09-07-2010, 09:57 PM
I say all thay can say is NO. So give it a shot.

Disney Doll
09-07-2010, 09:59 PM
If it's okay with Melanears it's okay with me! I just asked because it doesn't seem to be widely publicized and the only mention I had heard of that tactic was on discussion boards. Not all are as upstanding as Intercot so that's why I asked here. I've been on Intercot a while and I know that for the most part we're a group of honest people who try to play by the rules so I knew this was a great place to come for feedback. Thanks guys!

Mickey91
09-07-2010, 11:18 PM

I prefer to think of people trying to get "something for nothing" as people trying to get "more for the several thousand dollars it costs to go to WDW."

Just remeber if you go by the concensous of the message board your responsibility is to thoughtlessly fork over cash and be darn grateful for whatever Disney decides to give you for it. Anything else is why they took appitizers off the Dining Plan.

W24toIS, your first paragraph is right on the money. I've noticed that a lot.

Ouch! We sometimes get in heated discussions on here but I don't remember ever seeing such meanness. You should tone it down a bit.:mad:

Everyone is entitled to an opinion. As long as Disney allows it it is fine!

kakn7294
09-07-2010, 11:25 PM
I was going to use mine to purchase APs for my family as well. Unfortunately, I couldn't get the volunteer agency of my choice to respond back to make volunteer arrangements before the website shut down. Guess they didn't need me! I do remember that it was somewhere in the terms of the voucher that it could be used for a single day or converted to a multi-day pass with the voucher counting for the cost of a single day. It's not cheating at all!

Disney Doll
09-08-2010, 09:13 AM
Thanks Kathy! I did a google search and found this in the terms of the voucher. Straight from Disney...

May I upgrade my free one day ticket to an Annual Pass or multi-day ticket?

Yes, you may upgrade the free ticket to another ticket type of greater value within the applicable upgrade window. However, you are responsible for the incremental cost and the new ticket may only be used by you. No changes or refunds will be given. The value of the free ticket may not be used to combine or upgrade with a separate single or multi-day ticket.

Melanie
09-08-2010, 09:16 AM
Thanks Kathy! I did a google search and found this in the terms of the voucher. Straight from Disney...

May I upgrade my free one day ticket to an Annual Pass or multi-day ticket?

Yes, you may upgrade the free ticket to another ticket type of greater value within the applicable upgrade window. However, you are responsible for the incremental cost and the new ticket may only be used by you. No changes or refunds will be given. The value of the free ticket may not be used to combine or upgrade with a separate single or multi-day ticket.

Yep, and just to be safe, I printed that and took it with me. But I had absolutely no problems and had a great CM helping me.

One thing I didn't know, you have to go to Will Call to redeem the voucher, and then they will take care of your ticket purchase there as well. Make sure you take IDs for everyone!

awaggett
09-08-2010, 10:48 PM
As per previous posts, this is definitely allowed, and not cheating the system. Basically the voucher has a $ value--we used ours in DL, so the value was a bit less (I think $72, back in February) and we could use that value as a credit towards our two day passes. It was a great "perk" for the volunteering we really enjoyed!

Daisy'sMom
09-09-2010, 10:05 AM
My DIL and her sister just upgraded on their GAD vouchers. I don't think there was a problem.
Intercot is a wondeful place. Everyone is entitled to their opinions and they should all be respected. :mickey:

seanyred
09-09-2010, 10:51 AM
since the question has been answered I won't add to it. But as for cheating the system my rule of thumb is as follows. It doesn't hurt to ask, worse thing they can do is say no. If they say yes then no worries.

DisneyDoug2
09-09-2010, 12:09 PM
I have to agree with the "non cheaters" if Disney allows it then it not cheating.