PDA

View Full Version : Planet Hollywood voucher, worth it to use?

ncrohrs
09-07-2010, 04:30 PM
I made a ADR to Planet Hollywood primarily because we are getting vouchers with our package.

First, exactly what is the voucher for and how much is it for? I heard $15 but only toward certain entrees.

Second, do you like this restaurant with or without the incentive of a voucher? If its good food I'll keep the ADR, but now I am wondering if just going there for the voucher is really worth it.

Thanks in advance!
Nicole
Poly Feb 2011

DVC2004
09-07-2010, 04:56 PM
I don't care for this place. We used to have 2 out this way- one in Chicago and one closer to our home. It used to be OK but now I feel it's overpriced and mediocre. We got those vouchers years ago and I remember we didn't enjoy our experience or food and haven't been back since. Unless something's changed- and maybe someone with a more recent experience will be along with some info- I would skip.

Itchy
09-07-2010, 06:06 PM
The food is ok for the type of restaruant it is.
The noise level for lunch is bearable but one of our last visits for dinner was totally uncomfortable. The noise and music was so loud we could not hear each other talking without yelling. Would I eat there again? Only if I had control of the music level, so I guess that means I will not be going back.

As for the value of the coupon, it pretty well takes care of one of the entree's.

Hope this helps with you decision.

94 days till the next visit.

VWL Mom
09-07-2010, 06:11 PM
We go at the request of two teen boys because the like the surroundings. It is a bit loud but IMO not any different than Rainforest Cafe. We usually have appetizers and burgers which are good and a welcome change from a big meal each night.

HoosierDisneyFan
09-07-2010, 06:55 PM
We have only been once and the service was so bad we have not returned. Basically the waiter disappeared after delivering food. No refills / no bill. Had to finally ask anoter waiter to find our waiter so we could pay & leave. No going back may not be fair (could have been a poor waiter who was fired the next day) but with the many choices at DTD (and WDW for that matter) we have elected to go to other places.

A Big Kid
09-07-2010, 06:56 PM
Went once. Will never go again. If it was really all that good, would they offer this perpetual $15 voucher?

Fangorn
09-07-2010, 07:10 PM
Personally, I don't recommend it. We (whole family which includes DW & I, 4 grown kids and their families) went once a few years back because we had "the voucher". Food wasn't that good, service was lousy and the place was so loud we could not even begin to hold a conversation. No one enjoyed the experience.

Of all the places to eat at WDW, this one, for me, is right down there at the very bottom of the list.

Steve

Ms. Mode
09-07-2010, 07:12 PM
Went once. Will never go again. If it was really all that good, would they offer this perpetual $15 voucher?

We went once, and left before they seated us.

Jillirose
09-07-2010, 07:32 PM
We go at the request of two teen boys because the like the surroundings. It is a bit loud but IMO not any different than Rainforest Cafe. We usually have appetizers and burgers which are good and a welcome change from a big meal each night.

:ditto:

faline
09-07-2010, 07:35 PM
We haven't been in quite a long while. Do you remember when the line to get in would extend all the way down the stairs? It was pretty popular once upon a time. We went a few times and enjoyed the novelty of the place. However, the huge volume and mostly mediocre food have not induced me to want to return any time soon.

I feel pretty much the same way about Hard Rock Cafe as well.

Ed
09-07-2010, 08:08 PM
The noise and music was so loud we could not hear each other talking without yelling.

It is a bit loud...

...and the place was so loud we could not even begin to hold a conversation. No one enjoyed the experience.

...However, the huge volume and mostly mediocre food have not induced me to want to return any time soon...

:ditto: and :ditto: and :ditto: and :ditto:

WAYYYYYYYYYYYY too noisy. And the quality of the food leaves a lot to be desired.

:down:

tinksmom02
09-07-2010, 08:49 PM
We've never used the voucher.

We have been to the PH in NYC when DD was smaller. See no reason to waste precious WDW time at Planet Hollywood.

Just us, though!

mainemajor
09-07-2010, 09:49 PM
We liked the food, but it is very loud and it is not someplace that we will rush to return to.

ncrohrs
09-08-2010, 09:48 AM
Oh, thank you! I am so glad I asked first! We are a family of 6, 4 kids, 2 adults, and we don't mind it a bit loud...but, this sounds like too much! And if the food is not getting good reviews...We never used the voucher either for the last two trips!

Never thought about that, if i were that good there would be no use for the perpetual voucher! LOL. Well, I am glad I found out now so we can spend our money elsewhere!

Thanks intercotees!:cool:

Jeri Lynn
09-08-2010, 10:06 AM
I have been many times and I would have to agree that it is loud, but it suits the surroundings. I can honestly say that we have never had a bad meal, everyone has always been happy with what they ordered. This was a favorite place of our kids. The Captain Crunch chicken is sooo good and I make it at home too!

I remember years ago when there were coupons inside of snickers bars, I collected them and we were able to get "front of the line" seating, some free appetizers, drinks and desserts. The waiter let us use multiple coupons, it was great!

#1donaldfan
09-08-2010, 12:06 PM
You get a % off food, and a certificate for a cheap souvenier....I'd go back in a heartbeat if they gave me 159.8 % off my food, and paid me for being there at an hourly rate of $ 33.00 and gave me 26 souveniers.....just sayn'....ok, seriously, that place has been crossed off our list for years now....bad food, bad service and worse atmosphere !! :thedolls:

Carolanne
09-08-2010, 07:53 PM
As long as I've been going to WDW & getting the Planet Hollywood voucher in my travel packet, I've never used it. Never ate there & I just don't have any desire to. I don't know why, but I have a strong aversion to this place.

disneylovinmom
09-09-2010, 10:20 PM
The food was bad, it was sooooo loud, and my gosh, the tables were packed in there so tight that you couldn't hardly walk to the table, and trying to get up out of your seat to leave was difficult. There are way better places to eat, so I will skip this one next time. (and every time after that)

gamblefamily5
09-10-2010, 01:26 AM
We have been there several times and the food was always very good but this last time it was SO loud and lots of near nudity on the huge tv screens. NEVER GOING BACK!!!!!!!!!! Besides, I think I lost part of my hearing after the last trip. The servers couldn't even hear us to order and it sure wasn't 'family time' b/c you can't talk to each other.:ack:

Tinkerbella16
09-10-2010, 03:03 PM
I have been there once. We had chosen Planet Hollywood as one of our ADR's since we were using the DDP for the first time in 2007. We had a very pleasent experience there and the food/dessert was great! Our service was wonderful...and it was a bit loud. But overall we said it was one of the best places we ate all week. I haven't been there since then so things always change.

JerseyDad
09-12-2010, 10:07 AM
....Planet Hollywood is always a bit loud...but that's part of the whole "experience". Its usually the place where we have our first dinner reservation....first day of arrival at WDW. Since we usually get to WDW at about 10:30 or 11:00 am, the first day we just chill out at the resort...hit the pool....take a nap...(it's a LONG drive from NJ)...and then DTD and Planet Hollywood is our first stop that night for dinner...and shopping. I've never had a bad meal there (always get a steak and a bloody-mary.....it's a tradition for me)...and if they are going to give me a voucher....I'm definitely gonna' use it.

.....the food is always good, but the service ranges from great to just good...and you're better off to be there on a weeknight than on a Sat or Sun when it will be packed.

CaptSmee
09-12-2010, 04:12 PM
I'm in agreement that the food is mediocre at best for the overpriced bill that you pay. The restaurant itself is a neat concept, but even that seems to have become outdated. Time to freshen thing's up!

Jared
09-12-2010, 05:12 PM
Like nearly everybody else, I suggest forgoing the voucher and skipping Planet Hollywood. My family went once and will not return, primarily because of the unbearable volume.

Frankly, if the food was any good, we'd probably ignore the ridiculous noise level and try another meal there, but the everything is pretty substandard. You can likely find better food at a local franchise like Applebee's or Chili's for a whole lot cheaper.

WDWCrazyKaren
09-13-2010, 09:25 AM
DH and I went just to use the coupon and have a quick snack while wandering downtown. The food is sub-par, but we really didn't care. It was a quick bite during shopping, and it was cheap since we shared! It's all we needed to keep us going.

Renfairwedding
09-13-2010, 10:51 AM
Cheap souvenier???? LOL... My FREE nickle sized key chain is AWSOME!!!! yep worth the trip.

It makes us laugh every time we see it and remind us how we will never go back.

#1donaldfan
09-13-2010, 12:42 PM
Cheap souvenier???? LOL... My FREE nickle sized key chain is AWSOME!!!! yep worth the trip.

It makes us laugh every time we see it and remind us how we will never go back.

I didn't realize they are giving out those now...it's definatley worth the mile walk from the POR boat dock to PH !!! Thanks for the tid bit of info about the keychain...I had no idea....ok, I'm just kidding.....we don't even pull those vouchers out anymore, even if we plan on being in the same area ... it's not worth walking up all those steps to get it....ha, ha, ha.....!!!:thedolls:

Bethis26fan
09-13-2010, 12:51 PM
We have only been once and the service was so bad we have not returned. Basically the waiter disappeared after delivering food. No refills / no bill. Had to finally ask anoter waiter to find our waiter so we could pay & leave. No going back may not be fair (could have been a poor waiter who was fired the next day) but with the many choices at DTD (and WDW for that matter) we have elected to go to other places.

We had the same thing happen. I've never had to hunt someone to pay a bill before in my life. I bet if we would have started out with out paying they would have came.

BellesRose
09-13-2010, 07:45 PM
Fun little story...

My extended family just ate there over the weekend. They got some appetizer which came with some lemon sauce. The lemon sauce had crumbs/chunks in it, which they thought was odd, so they asked if it was supposed to be there. The waitress went back to ask, and apparently they keep their breadsticks above the stove so every time they were pulling out the breadsticks, crumbs would fall in! Then the main meal came and he was eating mashed potatoes when he pulled paper out of his mouth! He joked and asked the waitress if they kept the paperwork above the potatoes...she came back and said that they do indeed have paperwork near the potatoes.

Can you imagine if food got contaminated or mixed and someone had allergies? How horrible is that!

LVT
09-22-2010, 07:05 PM
We are too cheap to skip it.
Loud.
Moderate quality.
Voucher has smaller menu but enough choices.
I would not use 1 voucher and pay cash for 4 more people though. There are too many great places to try.

CU Tiger
09-23-2010, 11:51 AM
The surroundings are neat to see, but the food is just OK and it is way too noisy. Even my DDs complained. You have to yell at each other to communicated. Not worth the time or money, even with the coupon.:mickey: