PDA

View Full Version : Reviews for Akershus Royal Banquet Hall?

Pocahontas
09-07-2010, 01:28 PM
I keep changing my mind on our day of arrivial dinner ADR's. Right now I have ADR's for Akershus Royal Banquet Hall (character dinner). We've been there for breakfast, but never for dinner. Can anyone give me their reviews or a better Epcot suggestion. We will be dining at LeCellier and Teppon Edo later in the week.

Thanks for any help!

azcavalier
09-07-2010, 03:41 PM
We really enjoy Akershus. First off, regardless of what entree you order (and regardless of whether or not it's a child's order or an adult's order), you get to eat from the salad bar. The salad bar has bread, cheeses, meats, shrimp, fruit, and salad. It's really quite good.

The menu is a little different, but I usually order the Kjottkake, which is like a Salisbury Steak. My wife gets the Pork Chop, which is also very tasty.

For dessert, they just bring out a plate with different desserts on it. It's family-style. It includes some chocolate mousse, a rice cream with strawberry sauce, and a puffed pastry with marscapone mousse and berries. They're all very tasty.

It's our very first dinner ADR in our October trip this year.

PlutoPlanet
09-08-2010, 12:10 PM
Thanks for the info. I've got to try Akershus.

Tinkerbella16
09-10-2010, 03:12 PM
Hmm I was wondering the same thing. My bestfriend and I will be taking her 4 year old daughter next August. We were able to get free dining so I am starting to pick out which places we want to take her to eat. I really want my god-daughter to dress up like a princess and meet the princess' during a meal...it would be the cutest thing!! I am just torn between the breakfast or dinner. My bestfriend and I both love breakfast. Anyone prefer one over the other??

Gator
09-11-2010, 03:03 PM
I agree that the kjotkake is really good. What I really enjoy is the hot and cold plate buffet. The variety of cheese is good, and the mackeral and salmon is unbelievable. You will enjoy it.

GrmGrninGost
09-11-2010, 07:08 PM
We ate there for the first time in late August. We weren't overly impressed. Food was so-so. Our waiter was not all that. Also, we were not impressed with the characters (with the exception of Aurora). We may or may not return, but it's definitely not high priority.

mouseketeer mom
09-12-2010, 08:02 AM
This is an ADR we made and cancelled trip after trip until last month. We ate here for lunch and LOVED it. The cold food bar is delicious, loved the shrimp and chicken salads, I had the Kjorrkte (ok..no idea how to spell it, but it was GREAT!), my son had it too. DH had the venison sausage, DD the mushroom pasta, and DD the chicken breast. This was one of our favorite meals/experiences we have had at WDW and we pretty much tried them all (except for some of the resort dining, we haven't tried all of those yet)..We loved it so much we recently attended a local Scandanavian festival and had some of the same desserts again! Love Askerhus.

Jared
09-12-2010, 09:23 AM
This is an ADR we made and cancelled trip after trip until last month. We ate here for lunch and LOVED it. The cold food bar is delicious, loved the shrimp and chicken salads, .
Totally agree about Akershus, especially the cold buffet. The fish, salads and cheeses are wonderful. I actually miss the pre-princess days when the entire meal was served buffet-style.

Either way, Akershus is definitely worth a visit, particularly if you and your group want to see the princesses.

Belle_0717
09-13-2010, 10:01 PM
DH and I ate there May '09 for dinner. We really enjoyed it.

We are taking our DDs - 8 mo old twins in Oct for lunch. Can't wait. We got them princess onesies and skorts to match. They may not be 100% Disney Princesses but they will be close!:princess::princess: