PDA

View Full Version : just back from universal

micky95
09-07-2010, 08:00 AM
just got back from labor day wknd trip.the crowds were light but in certain areas a little congested.got to parks each morning about 9 am .walked to harry potter world and walked right into the area no line.went to the castle for forbidden journey ride .tried seats outside couldnt fit (5'9" 270 just a beer gut)went through the qline any ways to see inside castle worth the time even if you cant ride about 30 min.not just larger size people wouldnt fit in seats .talked to a man who was slim said he couldnt fit because of his shoulders.worker said they were going to rework the seats.workers were friendly and the food was good.most rides were 5 to 15 min early in the day but got longer after lunch about 40 min.it was hot but not too bad but my dw & i did ride the bilge barge ?ride second and got SOAKED.took 4 hrs to completely dry out but it kept us cool.hadnt been to universal in 10 yrs had a great time.disney trip coming up in 11 wks.universal was fun but we prefer disney world.the two are totally different but we enjoy both.stop comparing the two and have FUN wherever you choose to go.

Madame Leona
09-07-2010, 09:51 AM
You are absolutely right....you can't compare the two and have a good time. Don't you think it was strange that they designed a ride that so many people can't ride? Disney would have never done that :)

DVC2004
09-07-2010, 10:03 AM
Sorry you couldn't ride- noticed that with Rip Ride Rocket , too - that alot of the rides seem to have size contstraints. Glad you had fun- we love Universal especially now that the kids are older and big enough for all the rides. I agree- don't compare and enjoy each place for what it is!

disneyfamily05
09-07-2010, 10:12 AM
Thanks so much for the update! I'm going in a few weeks, and was curious to know how the crowds were.

EeyoresBestFriend
09-07-2010, 10:34 AM
Thank you so much for a great review!! :thumbsup: It's so refreshing to have someone give a positive, unbashing report of US and HP.

We are down in about a month and are hoping to be able to see HP without a 8 hour wait. :D
We, as well, enjoy both parks for what they are.

I'm hoping all the excitement over there will motivate the parks guys of WDW to step up (like Disneyland has) and do some improvements besides Princesses and Fairies . . . . :silly:

Thanks again!