PDA

View Full Version : recomendations for suite accom for large family with 5 kids?

crysmom
09-07-2010, 04:36 AM
We are looking for suggestions for accomadations within walking distance to disneyland. We need a suite, and a room that will take 7 people (2 adults 5 kids) I found a large suite for 8 at the portofino inn and suites but its the only one I can find

Are there any other hotels that accomodate large families? Thanks

tinkwest
09-07-2010, 10:49 AM
I have stayed at Anaheim Desert Inn and Suites, right across Harbor Blvd, and we had a room that easily slept six adults. This suite has 2 bedrooms (4 Queen Beds), 2 bathrooms, and a separate living room with a Sofa-bed and 3 TVs.

The one odd thing about the property (to me) is that it has an indoor swimming pool. Just seems a bit unnecessary for Anaheim. I found the parking a bit of a challenge, but I must admit that during my visit there was some external painting going on and that caused some of the spaces to be unusable.

The walk to and from the property and the Resort is EASY and I found the prices very reasonable.

crysmom
09-07-2010, 01:05 PM
I'll check that hotel out. Although from previous experience if the hotel states "sleeps 6" they really mean they will not put more people in the room

When we travel locally we often just pretend we only have 4 kids, but I don't feel that's a good idea when we are going to be there for a week.
For us there is plenty of room if we have two queen/doubles and a pull out sofa but not according to hotel standards

crysmom
09-07-2010, 01:18 PM
I checked out anaheim desert suites and yes they do have rooms to accomadate up to 10 people yippee! another one to add to my list of potentials