PDA

View Full Version : Does this sound crazy or fun to you!

Humphrey
09-06-2010, 09:46 PM
On Tuesday, the day after Labor Day, we are going to try to do all four parks in one day. Figuring that since every school in the country is back in session the parks should be relatively empty. The plan is to do at least three things in each park, a ride and/or show.

No real reason, just think it will be fun and different. We do have Florida Resident APs, that's what makes it possible.

Melanie
09-06-2010, 10:00 PM
I think that can easily be done. We went to the resort today, crowds were very light, we went to 3 parks and were back on the road to Tampa by 5pm. Only one we didn't do was DHS.

Have a blast! Tomorrow should be a great day. :mickey:

badkitty
09-06-2010, 10:10 PM
Totally doable! I have done what we call the "E-ticket" tour on several occasions. Have fun! :mickey:

BellesRose
09-06-2010, 10:15 PM
I think that can easily be done. We went to the resort today, crowds were very light, we went to 3 parks and were back on the road to Tampa by 5pm. Only one we didn't do was DHS.

Have a blast! Tomorrow should be a great day. :mickey:
Wow, that's pretty awesome! Had I known it wasn't crowded, we would have gone since it's my dad's birthday. We went to Tampa instead. Good to know that it's not crowded!

andypooh
09-06-2010, 10:31 PM
Definitely fun

have never done it, but will some time in the future

princess mommy
09-06-2010, 10:58 PM
I remember a few years ago before the kids were in grade school, we went to WDW arriving on Labor Day. We went to the MK the day after the holiday and were able to do virtually all of Fantasy Land in less than an hour. Rides were walk-ons and this included 3 turns on Dumbo-they let us stay on and ride. Granted there was an afternoon downpour as usual and what little crowd there was cleared out. I'll never forget that day at MK-truly magical due to the low crowds.

TinkRocks
09-06-2010, 11:55 PM
I think if you have a general plan in mind (ie what attractions you want to experience in each park), it could be done...

Let us know about your day when you're back!

the other micki
09-07-2010, 12:16 AM
Sounds super fun to me! Just do it!

goofysally
09-07-2010, 08:53 AM
my husband and I also use the three thing rule!
We started this game 5 years ago when we became
annual passholders. We try to do this 4 times a year! When we play the game, we start at AK
(drive car), then drive to the Epcot, then
walk to Studios, take a bus to MK and we
are done! (if staying in the Boardwalk area, we
drive back to our resort (after visiting AK)and then walk to the Studios, and then to Epcot, and finally MK) Our record is 12 miles one day! We
call this Disney hiking and are looking forward
to doing this again on Columbus Day - Oct 11
(staying at the All star music-4 days, then toTampa
for NHL opening and NFL) back to Dolphin for
3 nights, and finally Beach Club villas for 4 nights...

Kim Possible
09-07-2010, 10:19 AM
That's awesome! Let us know how it goes!

Ms. Mode
09-07-2010, 10:30 AM
Sounds like a wonderful day! Enjoy :thumbsup:

brownie
09-07-2010, 11:49 AM
It's a worth a shot. We've been to 3 parks in one day, but have never been to all 4 in one day.

Humphrey
09-08-2010, 10:35 AM
OK, we made all four parks on Tuesday. Arrived at AK a little after 11 AM (Carol doesn't do mornings well). There we went on River Kali, Expediton Everest, and Dinosaur, Still soaked from the river ride we drove over to DHS. Straight to Tower of Terror for our longest wait of the day, 15 minutes. Then we watched Beauty and the Beast. Carol had never seen it and it is one of her favorite movies. Back across the street to RNR. Then we drove to the Ticket and Transportation Center. Nice thing about the drive was that it gave us a break and we had water and Diet Coke in the car as well as some reasonbly heathly snacks. We took the monorail to Epcot and shortly after we got in the park it started to rain. So we took refuge in Spaceship Earth. By the time we got out the rain had stopped. Then we went to Ellen's Universe of Energy, something that Carol had never been on before. Following that show/ride (?) we needed some refreshing so we walked over to Norway for some Schoolbread and coffee. Then back to Test Track, again pretty much a walk on. Back to the Monorail, the Ferry and into the MK. There we did all three Mountains, Space, Big Thunder and Splash. Making our goal by 8:35 PM, we stopped for a Dole whip and watched the Fireworks. When we reached the car I checked the pedometer and we had walked a total of 10.49 miles. Yes, we were tired, but we had a lot of fun for two senior citizens.

Jennifer_and_Chris
09-08-2010, 11:33 AM
we've done 4 parks in one day before! it was crazy fast, but, you have to make the most of your last day! At least, that's what we did on our last day when we were there for my b-day w/o the kids.

joonyer
09-08-2010, 02:47 PM
Crazy?

Fun?

Sounds like Crazy Fun to me. :D:waycool::joy::woohoo::crazy:

Go for it!

RedSoxFan
09-08-2010, 09:31 PM
Sounds like you had a fun day!!

Melanie
09-08-2010, 09:33 PM
OK, we made all four parks on Tuesday. Arrived at AK a little after 11 AM (Carol doesn't do mornings well). There we went on River Kali, Expediton Everest, and Dinosaur, Still soaked from the river ride we drove over to DHS. Straight to Tower of Terror for our longest wait of the day, 15 minutes. Then we watched Beauty and the Beast. Carol had never seen it and it is one of her favorite movies. Back across the street to RNR. Then we drove to the Ticket and Transportation Center. Nice thing about the drive was that it gave us a break and we had water and Diet Coke in the car as well as some reasonbly heathly snacks. We took the monorail to Epcot and shortly after we got in the park it started to rain. So we took refuge in Spaceship Earth. By the time we got out the rain had stopped. Then we went to Ellen's Universe of Energy, something that Carol had never been on before. Following that show/ride (?) we needed some refreshing so we walked over to Norway for some Schoolbread and coffee. Then back to Test Track, again pretty much a walk on. Back to the Monorail, the Ferry and into the MK. There we did all three Mountains, Space, Big Thunder and Splash. Making our goal by 8:35 PM, we stopped for a Dole whip and watched the Fireworks. When we reached the car I checked the pedometer and we had walked a total of 10.49 miles. Yes, we were tired, but we had a lot of fun for two senior citizens.

Awesome!!!! :mickey:

badkitty
09-09-2010, 01:19 AM
Excellent day! :thumbsup:

goofysally
09-09-2010, 07:49 AM
Our journey was just over 12 miles, but that
is because we walked to the Studios from
the Boardwalk, then walked to Epcot! Cannot
wait to do it again on Oct. 11! It is a quest
and adventure at WDW!

tinksmom02
09-09-2010, 11:40 AM
Congrats! I've always wanted to try the 4 parks in 1 day challenge, maybe when DD is older the 2 of us can try it!

TinkRocks
09-09-2010, 05:03 PM
Glad you had a fun day!!!