PDA

View Full Version : Fantasyland Referb

Goofy0101
09-06-2010, 05:06 PM
Hi Everyone,
I just recently read that certain parts of Fantasyland are closed because of future additions to the park. My family is heading over to The World around Christmas and I was just wondering if this construction is going to affect us in any way. Is the park having to hold out on anything?

Thanks!

HeadFairyInCharge
09-11-2010, 12:03 PM
I was wondering the status of this also...I think I read that Ariel's Grotto and Pooh's Playful Spot are closed and the area is under construction. This project is supposed to take years to redesign and add to Fantasyland, anyone been there recently to give an update on what is being worked on at this time?

jazzy
09-11-2010, 12:52 PM
I was there 3 weeks ago and i did notice that there was construction in fl with signs that read " making magic kingdom more magical" outside of winnie the pooh there redoing the entrance area with a long corridor you have to walk up. It does look like refurbishment is happening but it's disney so they have a way of making even construction look magical. No need to worry about it im sure what ever they're doing will be awesome.

mdhiggin
09-11-2010, 01:43 PM
There last week. Ariel's Grotto and Pooh's Play are gone with a wall up. If you ride Dumbo, you can see the construction going on behind the wall. It was mostly just digging last week. It doesn't affect the fun of Fantasyland or rides other than the two above.

BellesRose
09-12-2010, 05:27 PM
It's a mess...I only went for Mrs. Potts ice-cream! But it sounds like it will worth it in the end!!