PDA

View Full Version : Teppan Edo or Fulton's?

ncrohrs
09-05-2010, 09:52 PM
Working on making one last dinner ressie for our Feb trip.

For our last night there, our last dinner i am wondering about Fulton's or TE. Here's the pros and cons to my dilemma...

Fultons: we were there DH and I about 10 years ago. Loved it. Want to take our kids but its very very expensive and have heard service is slow (not good with 4 kids!) and has gone down hill. Kids would love to eat on a boat though. They also would love the food, they would probably get a steak which is on the kids' menu.

Teppan Edo: Never been. Like the idea of being entertained by the cooks. Kids would think that is cool. But...have picky eaters, might not do well with the food. They might act differently seeing it prepared and I'd like them to expand their pallet...most of our ADR's are at places with average kid fare. Bonus, is we get the spend last night in Epcot!:mickey:

So, opinions please! It will be me, DH, and our four kids ages 2.5, 5, 7, and 9. Have the dining plan but this last dinner will be OOP.

Thanks!
Nicole

AnnaMom
09-06-2010, 12:37 AM
We have eaten at bot. My DD (10 now) she loves them both at Fultons she always is willing to try the fish special on the kids menu & has always enjoyed it. We find the service there to be pretty quick we have never had a problem @ Teppan Edu she loves the hibachi style of cooking and has enjoyed her meal there as well (always gets chicken). It all depends on your budget Teppan Edu is on the DDP & Fultons is not. We love both and would recommend both.

CiaoBella312
09-06-2010, 08:57 AM
Nothing really strange will be served at Teppan Edo. If you have kids who eat steak and/or chicken, they can have that, plain white rice is served, and the noodle/vegetables on the plate are zucchini, mushrooms, and onions. They will enjoy the table show, we ate their Saturday and the chef turned the onion "volcano" into a choo-choo train.

Hope this helps.

DisneyFr33k
09-06-2010, 09:44 AM
We've never eaten at Fultons, but have at TE. We had a new chef, she didn't do any tricks other than the smoking onion ring stack and cooked everything so slow that we had eaten everything on our plate before the meat was done. We got more out of watching other chefs do their tricks at neighboring tables.

Just be warned, you aren't guaranteed the same performances you've heard postive things about.

We have a local chain that cooks hibatchi style, and TE isn't any different than those. So we won't go back to TE and eat here instead.

Are you limited to those two choices? There are a of other great restaurants that might fit your families time constraints and food variety.

sacandjac
09-06-2010, 09:50 AM
We have never eaten at Fulton's. We do love Teppan Edo. We've been twice with large groups and it is always a hit from the oldest to the youngest. What is hysterical is that we had the same chef both times. The first time we ate there he told us that he was going to San Francisco and then the second time he was shocked when we asked him about his trip. LOL Great food and we had great interaction with the chef.

kathiep
09-06-2010, 10:22 AM
My kids can be picky and they both loved Teppan Edo. They both ordered the chicken which they loved. They also enjoyed the noodles and rice. I think this was one of the only meals that I didn't have to nag someone to eat more.

pixiedustct
09-06-2010, 12:08 PM
I have never eaten at Teppan Edo, but have been to other hibachi grills in my town. I am a very picky eater and still enjoyed everything. You are able to see everything that goes in, so there are no surprises, and I found that everything was generally big enough that if I did not like it I could pick it out. I am actually hoping to try TE during my next trip! So Teppan Edo gets my vote!

disneymom2000
09-06-2010, 10:34 PM
I don't think you can go wrong with Teppan Edo. The show keeps them entertained and you are eating here and there throughout the show. I think it is a better idea.

ThanxForNoticin
09-07-2010, 01:23 PM
In your particular situation, we'd definitely recommend Teppan Edo. I expect your kids will enjoy the experience - great food, great service, and a fun evening. Enjoy!

ncrohrs
09-07-2010, 04:27 PM
Thanks once again for all the great insight.

Decided on Teppan Edo for our last night dinner. Sounds like it is a lot of fun. Since its on the DDP I am going to utilize a TS for this one and just pay OOP for a less expensive breakfast.

Fulton's still is appealing, but the price is what got me. This one would be so expensive OOP. I also am a little concerned about rumors of slow service. And with TE we are talking constant entertainment while waiting for our food, a major plus with 4 kids.

Thanks again!:mickey:

PinKy
09-08-2010, 02:25 PM
Teppan Edo!!

Cdn Disney Dad
09-08-2010, 04:26 PM
Just got back yesterday from our trip. It was our first time eating at Tepan Edo and my kids loved it. They thought it was quite neat to have the food cooked in front of you. They tell everyone about the volcano that was made out of the onions.

We ate at Fultons years back and were not impressed.

joonyer
09-08-2010, 04:43 PM
Another vote for Teppan Edo, for all the reasons stated, plus you'll be at Epcot already, and you'll get to see Illuminations as a bonus.

celebrationasheley
09-09-2010, 09:57 PM
Teppan Edo.... Our party fills the table. The kids love the food and wonderful chefs!!!! I highly recommend the cooked sushi!!! I will be getting that as my meal in about 20 days!!!! ahhhhhhhh!!!!:mickey:

WDWCrazyKaren
09-13-2010, 09:43 AM
Great choice! We love Teppan Edo, and for kids it's perfect. Have a great time!

stitch34
09-16-2010, 11:44 AM
Decided on Teppan Edo for our last night dinner. Sounds like it is a lot of fun. Since its on the DDP I am going to utilize a TS for this one and just pay OOP for a less expensive breakfast.

Took the words right out of my mouth! And I'm sure all will enjoy:thumbsup:

Joannelet
09-16-2010, 12:38 PM
Teppan Edo! Although I have never eaten at Fultons...I think that if you do have picky eaters and they SEE the food being cooked they will be more willing to try it :) It's not unusual food either..it's white rice, chicken, steak....they will be fine :)
And it's very entertaining!

JerseyDad
09-17-2010, 04:08 PM
....Teppan Edo is a must on every one of our WDW vacations. We've also eaten at Fulton's....(good food....but pricey)....and if I had to pick between the two....Teppan Edo wins hands down. Try the tuna & avocado appetizer...it's great.

PalmettoKev
09-19-2010, 01:48 PM
Ditto, hands down TE. Fulton's is much like any other seafood place most of us have been to, except more expensive. Tokyo Dining can be pricey, but it's a truly neat experience. My DD is a true fan of all things Asian. :mickey: