PDA

View Full Version : La Cava del Tequila

stephntampa
09-05-2010, 09:39 PM
We are visiting Epcot for the day tomorrow and want to visit the tequila bar. Is it inside the Mexico pavillion where the restaurant and boat ride is? Thanks!:marg:

Melanie
09-05-2010, 09:47 PM
Yes, it is inside the pavilion. Go in, down the stairs and it is on your right.

SBETigg
Yes, it is to the right hand side when you enter the pavilion, before you hit the San Angel reception desk, opposite side from the ride. And it's a great place, love it. Friendly bartenders. Only a few tables. We stood at the bar during both of our visits. Tried two of the tequila tasting flights and really enjoyed them. They also have many different tequilas, variations of margaritas and some snack foods.

KatrinaJ91
Yes, it is inside the building and to your left as you go in. Have a great time...we really enjoyed it there last summer! Do a flight...best value!

Melanie
09-05-2010, 10:00 PM
Yes, it is inside the building and to your left as you go in.

I'm fairly certain it is on your right.

Nini
09-05-2010, 10:36 PM
Is this place relatively new - within the past couple of years or so? I don't remember ever having seen it before.(Our last trip was Jan. 2009.)

Denise :mickey:

stephntampa
09-06-2010, 07:09 AM
Thanks for the quick replies everyone! can't wait to get there, hoping most people are at BBQ's and the beach today and NOT at Epcot!:mickey:

mainemajor
09-06-2010, 08:57 AM
Cann't wait until our next trip so I can try this out:marg:

kathiep
09-06-2010, 10:10 AM
I highly recommend to all to ask for a taste of the avocado margarita. :marg:

I know it sounds odd - but it is terrific.

johnO
09-06-2010, 01:22 PM
We were there after it first opened. It was a happenin' little place...

TikiLounger
09-06-2010, 06:42 PM
We were there after it first opened. It was a happenin' little place...

I'll drink to that! :marg:

Really, we were there right after it first opened and it was VERY happenin'. (and I mean VERY)

Melanie
09-06-2010, 07:47 PM
Thanks for the quick replies everyone! can't wait to get there, hoping most people are at BBQ's and the beach today and NOT at Epcot!:mickey:

What was your take on crowds today? We were in MK, Epcot and AK, and I thought the crowds were fairly light.

How was La Cava del Tequila? :marg:

Fastpasssteve
09-07-2010, 12:37 AM
I really enjoyed the avocado marguerita...as well as the cucumber one. Yum. Refreshing and cool.

stephntampa
09-07-2010, 07:18 AM
What was your take on crowds today? We were in MK, Epcot and AK, and I thought the crowds were fairly light.

How was La Cava del Tequila? :marg:

We got to Epcot by 10:00, crowds were light, Mission Space, Test Track were walk-ons (!), we FP'd Soarin, I think the stand-by was 45 minutes. As the day progressed we did notice the crowds getting heavier, but very manageable.
As for Cava, great place, love, love, love the bar area! My DH and I shared a flight (the $18 one), which had a blanco (which was EXCELLENT) a resposado and a "sipping" tequila. Will definitely stop in there next time we are at Epcot.. didn't try any of the margarita offerings but want to! Great day!:)

DVC2004
09-07-2010, 10:07 AM
We were just there and my husband and I shared a tequila tasting. We really enjoyed. They had some appetizers too, and other drinks offered. It's cozy in there but it wasn't crowded when we went. It's a nice atmosphere.

johnO
09-07-2010, 04:27 PM
We're taking in a day at Epcot for F&W in October.....I think we're gonna have to drop in again...

TikiLounger
09-07-2010, 06:08 PM
Us, too. We had a lot of fun last year and we can't wait to check it out again.

KatrinaJ91
09-10-2010, 10:19 PM
I'm fairly certain it is on your right.

You are correct....it is on your right as you go in! Not sure why I wrote left. :blush:

JerseyDad
09-11-2010, 11:38 AM
....great little place with some very good tequila variety and tasty appetizers. We stopped in last year shortly after it opened...and it was a VERY light crowd (for the week between Christmas & New Years). This time...even with the light WDW crowds last week...much more crowded. I think the word is out!!!

The wife had a cactus pear margarita...and I had a mid-level tequila flight. Very good spot for a mid-afternoon drink and snack....especially if you have dinner reservations later in the evening in Epcot.