PDA

View Full Version : Disney Church

plutosnana
09-05-2010, 09:13 PM
I am wondering if the church by Magic Kingdom (If i'm rite? :blush:) is Catholic or Protestant?

:goofy:

faline
09-05-2010, 09:19 PM
There are religious services for a number of faiths available near Disney World. See list here. (http://intercot.com/infocentral/religious/default.asp)

brownie
09-06-2010, 09:25 AM
You might be thinking of Disney's Wedding Chapel, which isn't a church. There are no church services on sight. You'll have to go off property for church these days. If you're looking for a Catholic church, look for masstimes.org.

cajunmickey
09-06-2010, 11:26 AM
There is a beautiful church about a mile from down town disney. I don't remember the name of the road, but it runs along I-4. It is Mary Queen of the Universe, Catholic Church.

plutosnana
09-06-2010, 12:08 PM
Thank you very much faline!

:goofy:

artyboy
09-06-2010, 05:21 PM
But they did use to offer services in the resorts...or am I totally not remembering that correctly?

faline
09-06-2010, 06:47 PM
But they did use to offer services in the resorts...or am I totally not remembering that correctly?

I know that Catholic mass used to be offered at the Poly every Sunday. I even attended once.

Humphrey
09-06-2010, 09:40 PM
I've been at Fort Wilderness on Sunday Mornings when a service was held at one of the Campsites. I believe a local Methodist church reserves a site for that purpose. Signs were put out to inform campers of the time and place. Nice to hear some hymns drifting across the Fort.

brownie
09-07-2010, 11:53 AM

Yes, they used to have Protestant and Catholic services at the Polynesian. It's been a few years since they've been offered, though.