PDA

View Full Version : OMG What a great trip!!!

Itchy
09-05-2010, 07:21 PM
Out of all the trips I have made to WDW during the last week of August I would think this has to be the best.

Day 1.. Flew into MCO and arrived at 3 pm, 15 min early. We found our way to ME and were checked in and on the bus in about 5 min. After another 5 min wait we were on our way to our resort POR. After a short ride we were the first to be dropped off. Oh! by the way there were only about 10 people on the bus.

Lady friend and I checked in at the online desk and within 5 min we were on our way to our room in alligator byou. My lady friend is blown away by everything as it is her first visit to florida and WDW. Its now 4 pm.

We have adr's at Raglan Road at DTD at 6:45. After a short walk to water schuttle we are off to DTD and are able to bump our adr up and an early dinner. After dinner we had to look thru the shops ( of course ). Back to the room to rest up for the first day in the parks.

Day 2... In the park at Animal Kingdom at about 9 am. Our ride to the park was uneventfuly as we did not have a full bus ( no one standing and empty seats )

We walked right into everything no wait except for the Lion King and that was only 5 min.

Lunch at Rain Forest and then back to the room before heading to Epcot for dinner at Teppan Edo. Again early and got right in.

We hit a few attactions before leaving and again no wait.

On the way back to the resort our bus had maybe 15 riders...

Day 3...

Off to Epcot again for more attactions and window shopping. We were there again by 9 am and the crowds were unbelieveably low. Sorin had a 30 min wait.
1 pm and we are headed back to the room and we were the only ones on the bus.

4 pm we are off to the Poly for dinner at Kona Cafe. Dinner was great and our server was from an area where I lived in Hawaii the early 60's, great conversation and food.
Back to the POR for the carriage ride at 8 pm. It was great, weather was perfect mid 70's. Our driver was from our home area in St Louis, again great conversation and great ride.

Day 4...

Off to the DHS with as late start of 10 am. We still walked into everything with no wait. Oh! did I mention there was hardly anyone on the busses. Left to go back to the resort at around 2 pm to get ready for dinner at Cali Grill at 5:50.
We checked in and were taken to the restaurant where we started to sit in the lounge area but were taken to our table right away. WHAT A GREAT DINNER.... burp ...
Then back to our room to recover for day 5.

Day 5...

Off to the Magic Kingdom, the crowd was almost non existent. Walked into most with no wait except one. Dumbo had about 10 standing in line to get a ride at about 11am, totally unreal.
Back to the room before leaving for Epcot for dinner at Coral Reef. Checked in at 5 pm with little wait and got seated right next to the aquarium. Felt guilty eatting fish right next to the tank. Great dinner and back to the room with a long wait for a bus but few on the darn thing. Getting ready for day 6.

Day 6...

The rubber day. We went back to AK and saw Nemo and the crowds were light. Then walked around and checked out the crowds and other sights. wonderful weather.. It is hard to believe that other than the rain we had when we landed at MCO we did not get a drop all week. Temps from 88 to 91 all week during the day and in the mid 70's at night.
Well back to the room to pack to leave day 7.

Day 7...

All packed and checked at the ME desk, went for bfast at the hotel and off to MCO. Great flight back to STL with a great view of the world from 37,000 ft. Just wish the plane had a glass bottom so you could get the best view.

landed 10 min early and back home to recop and get ready for our Dec 2010 trip.

Thanks for listening.....:thumbsup::mickey::cool:

SBETigg
09-05-2010, 07:39 PM
We are back from a really great late August trip, too. So glad you had fun! Sounds fantastic.

faline
09-05-2010, 08:00 PM
Fantastic trip! Couldn't be better! Low crowds! Good food! Thanks for the report.

Dsnygirl
09-05-2010, 09:18 PM
:mickey: Thanks for the great trip report... we're taking a late August trip next year, I can only hope for the same type of "crowds"!! :thumbsup: Glad you had such a nice trip!

caryrae
09-05-2010, 09:52 PM
Day 1.. Flew into MCO and arrived at 3 pm, 15 min early. We found our way to ME and were checked in and on the bus in about 5 min. After another 5 min wait we were on our way to our resort POR. After a short ride we were the first to be dropped off. Oh! by the way there were only about 10 people on the bus.

Lady friend and I checked in at the online desk and within 5 min we were on our way to our room in alligator byou. My lady friend is blown away by everything as it is her first visit to florida and WDW. Its now 4 pm.

WOW that is fast, only 1 hour from arriving at airport to getting to room.

Trip sounded awesome.

RedSoxFan
09-06-2010, 07:47 AM
Sounds like you both had a lovely trip.:mickey:

yjgirl32
09-06-2010, 08:25 AM
Great report- thanks for sharing.

princessgirls
09-06-2010, 12:16 PM
A wonderful trip! Thanks for reporting!!

Julie:mickey:

Pocahontas
09-06-2010, 12:44 PM
Sounds like it couldn't be more perfect! Thanks for the report!:thumbsup:

lovinmesomedisney
09-07-2010, 10:10 AM
From your neighbor in St. Louis, GREAT TRIP! Sounds awesome. We leave in 8 days, and looking forward to the low crowds. I love end of August/September! We have gone every year in September for the past 7 years.

Thanks for posting!

grumpyguy
09-07-2010, 11:43 AM
Having such a great time can only mean one thing...booking another trip!!!
Sounds great,love to hear the positive stories,thanks for sharing:thumbsup:

Auntie B
09-07-2010, 11:47 AM
Low crowds and empty busses - sounds perfect!! Thanks for sharing!

DisneyorBust
09-07-2010, 11:59 AM
From start to finish it sounds like you had a nearly perfect vacation! Thanks for sharing your report with us, especially since I'll be there with DW and DD in just 8 days. Hopefully we'll experience the same.

MississippiDisneyFreak
09-07-2010, 01:08 PM
Thanks for the report:party:

Disney4us2
09-07-2010, 03:11 PM
Sounds like a fantastic trip.:mickey:

How did the insulin cooler for your friend work out?

darthmacho
09-07-2010, 05:00 PM
Sweet trip. The low crowds sounds fabulous! Glad to hear you had a great time. :mickey:

BluewaterBrad
09-07-2010, 05:19 PM
Awesome time! Love it when the crowds are low!! Thanks for sharing!!:mickey:

vizsla
09-08-2010, 05:21 AM
Thanks for the report.

LVT
09-08-2010, 10:31 PM
Thanks for the report. I enjoy these for the selfish reason of hoping it happens for me.