PDA

View Full Version : China..or another country?

bayouprincess
09-05-2010, 10:02 AM
We are going back in March :mickey: and we would love to try a new flavor in Epcot. We have eaten at San Angel twice and thg Garden Grill. I was considering Five Dragons but didn't see any reviews. We have 2 girls 8 and 6. Does anyone have any comments or suggestions. Would love some help.

sisterdisco
09-05-2010, 10:29 AM
I would suggest TEPPAN EDO in Japan....it is entertaining and they cook the food right infront of you. Chicken, shrimp, steak etc, noodles and veggies.....

The other suggestion is LeCellier in Canada....phenomenal steak house.

SBETigg
09-05-2010, 11:42 AM
Nine Dragons! You don't want to visit five and ignore the other four. ;)

I've never visited Nine Dragons. It might be a good choice. I do love Chefs de France. Marrakesh is interesting (belly dancing, different food choices but not really too exotic). I tried Tokyo Dining on my last trip, and it was good but we have three excellent Japanese restaurants in my area that top it, similarly Teppan Edo (which is a lot of fun if you've never tried Japanese hibachi style steakhouse dining). Biergarten might be fun for the girls. It's a buffet with plenty to choose from and live music that gets all the kids up dancing. It's a great choice for people with active kids. Le Cellier is good, but I find it overrated and nothing special compared to other countries offerings in World Showcase. Le Cellier's food is comparable to any bar and grill style chain steakhouse, for me.

AnnaMom
09-05-2010, 12:28 PM
I would suggest TEPPAN EDO in Japan as well we ate there last year and daughter loved the hibachi style & the food.

EeyoresBestFriend
09-05-2010, 12:59 PM
Depending on the kind of Chinese you are used to, it may or may not work for you. We have eaten there in the past and loved it, but when we visited in Dec 2009, we found the menu had changed and was VERY limited number of dishes. We were disappointed and will be checking the menu if we decide to try again. The food was tasty, just not alot of choices ( which we like).

So keeping that in mind, hope that helps with the decision. Good Luck! :D

ElenitaB
09-05-2010, 02:11 PM
I'd suggest Teppan Edo or Biergarten as they not only have food but "entertainment" as well. My son adored Teppan Edo when he was younger. And if you haven't gone yet, what about Akershus for the princess meals? I've heard that their breakfast is good.

LudwigVonDrake
09-05-2010, 04:21 PM
Le Cellier = :tasty:

GREAT steak house!!

kathiep
09-06-2010, 10:16 AM
We ate at Nine Dragons several years ago. We had a really nice meal. Great service and atmosphere. The food was good. The only reason we haven't gone back is we are still trying other places.

disneymom2000
09-06-2010, 10:52 PM
I think it is great that you are stepping out and trying something new. I have read over the choices put out there by other people, but Marrakesh doesn't have a huge selection of food for kiddos or at least nothing different than most of the other eating establishments and Les Chef's de France seems geared more to adults. Teppan Edo on the other hand has some pretty good food and the entertainment is something the kids love.