PDA

View Full Version : Christmas Day Theme Park

Goofy0101
09-04-2010, 03:05 PM
Hi everyone, my family and I are going to be at Disney World in December from the 23rd-26th and I am well aware of the crowds at this time, especially since we're there for Christmas Day.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to which park we visit on the 25th? I know this is subject to a lot of variables and opinions, but we'd just like to have some suggestions/tips on how to plan each day. Our priority parks are Magic Kingdom, Hollywood Studios, and Epcot.

Thanks!

faline
09-04-2010, 03:10 PM
We've only been once during Christmas itself. We started the day in the Magic Kingdom (They broadcast the parade live back then). The park was so crowded, we left after the parade and went to Epcot. We found Epcot to be quite manageable.

After dinner, however, we went back to the Magic Kingdom. That was a terrible mistake! We should have returned to Epcot! While trying to make our way to Big Thunder Mountain, we got stuck (and I mean that literally) in Frontierland during the evening electrical parade. Folks were packed in so tightly, it was impossible to move a step in any direction. It was actually rather scary! As soon as the parade ended, and people began to move a bit again, we left the park as quickly as we could!

So, I guess I'm suggesting you skip the Magic Kingdom and opt for another park. Epcot seems to handle larger crowds quite well.

BellesRose
09-04-2010, 08:41 PM
Epcot would be a beautiful way to spend Christmas :thumbsup:

cfoshe
09-04-2010, 10:17 PM
my family has gone the last to christmas. We have found that each day getting closer to christmas WDW gets busier and busier. First year we went to MK and left around 2 because of the crowds and went to EPCOT and it was busy too, but nice to see the christmas story around the world. Last year we went to Disney Studios, not as crowded by busy, except for TSM of course.