PDA

View Full Version : Jedi Training

MickeysEars
09-03-2010, 07:44 PM
Last time we went the children were picked out of the group, now I am hearing that you stand in a que...Is there anyone who can comfirm the way it works now. Also, if this is the case, what times are the shows (in recent week for those of you that have just been) because I can't imagine standing in line for hours...any info would be appreciated:darth::yoda:

PharmD
09-04-2010, 02:58 PM
They have 25 min. shows several times a day. For example this past week the times have been as follows:

9:55, 10:50 & 11:45am, 12:40, 1:30, 2:20, 4:00 & 4:45pm

They have been picking about 25 kids out of the crowd. Not sure about a queue but with that many shows you should be able to catch one when there's not alot of kids. It would also depend on the time of year you go as to how large the crowds at the show would be.

chefmickey3
09-04-2010, 09:34 PM
When we were there in July, there was a queue near where Sounds Dangerously would be. We got there just after opening and my kids were numbers 24 and 25 for the first show. They allowed people (mostly dads and grandparents) to hold spots for the kids but someone had to stay until the next time. About 30 minutes before they would count out the kids and then prep them for the show. It was amazing and so much better than picking out of the crowd, IMO, because you could do something to make sure the kids were included. It was one of the highlights of our trip!

brownie
09-05-2010, 09:17 AM
It was amazing and so much better than picking out of the crowd, IMO, because you could do something to make sure the kids were included. It was one of the highlights of our trip!

I bet it eliminates some complaints, too (for cast members not picking someone's child.)

DisneyFr33k
09-05-2010, 03:29 PM
I bet it eliminates some complaints, too (for cast members not picking someone's child.)

I bet, and takes away disappointment for the kids too. My DS was so disappointed after the 3rd time he wasn't picked, he didn't want to go anywhere near the Star Wars ride again! This way, he knows it isn't personal, and if he really wants it, he needs to be sure to be in line. I am glad they are doing it this way! :thumbsup:

Cdn Disney Dad
09-09-2010, 01:51 PM
We were there last week. This is a much better way to do it. No tears from the kids and you don't need to wait through multiple shows hoping your child gets picked.

Granny Jill A
09-09-2010, 02:08 PM
When we were there in July, there was a queue near where Sounds Dangerously would be. We got there just after opening and my kids were numbers 24 and 25 for the first show. They allowed people (mostly dads and grandparents) to hold spots for the kids but someone had to stay until the next time. About 30 minutes before they would count out the kids and then prep them for the show. It was amazing and so much better than picking out of the crowd, IMO, because you could do something to make sure the kids were included. It was one of the highlights of our trip!

Great idea. Perhaps they could institute a fast-pass type arrangement where each child was issued a time for the next show. That way, no one would have to hold a place in line.