PDA

View Full Version : Afternoon Tea At Grand Floridian?

DisneyPrincess21
09-02-2010, 11:22 PM
Me and my mother will be taking our annual family trip to WDW in December. We really love having tea together at night occasionally and I recently heard about the afternoon tea at the Grand Floridian.

Last year we did lunch at the Castle and while it was wonderful and memorable, we can't afford it this year. So I thought afternoon tea would still provide a wonderful girl time experience for just me and my mom.

Have you ever done afternoon tea at GF before?
How was it?
What option did you pick, a la carte or one of the "packages"?
What selections do you suggest trying or not try.

Any tips, advice, or stories, would be greatly appreciated! :wave:

Renfairwedding
09-03-2010, 09:22 AM
I always treat my DW to Tea, Its a relaxing break from the parks.

faline
09-03-2010, 10:19 AM
My husband and I did this in May. It was lovely and relaxed.

We chose a la carte options including some sandwiches and dessert. I also had a glass of champagne and my husband, not being a tea drinker, had a beer.

What we ate was more than enough to serve as our lunch that day!

clausjo
09-03-2010, 12:56 PM
My daughter and I did this in June and it was really nice. We enjoyed it very much. I had the Sally Lunde package because I wasn't very hungry and our seating was close to 5:00. It was still a lot to eat at one time, for me anyway. If we do it again, we'll go around lunch time and I'll chose one of the packages that include the sandwiches. Try it, you won't be disappointed!

TheRustyScupper
09-03-2010, 05:18 PM
1) Be sure to get ADR's.
2) Ressies sell out FAST.
3) And, walk-ups seldom get in.

ElenitaB
09-03-2010, 06:19 PM
Afternoon tea at the GF is lovely, and based on the experiences we've had and that of the wonderful company we've had there, I think you and your mom will really enjoy it.

You can't go wrong with the Buckingham Palace selection at $19.95. It includes a pot of tea (one for each of you), a selection of sandwiches (you can switch out ones you don't like for ones you prefer) and an onion tart, a scone with clotted cream and preserves with a raspberry tart, and then your choice of dessert which can be strawberries and cream, a choice of two pastries, or a dessert triffle. You could also choose items a la carte.

Have a wonderful time! And yes, ADRs are a MUST!

MickeysEars
09-03-2010, 07:51 PM
My MIL, Dd and I are doing this in December, I am glad it is such a well reviewd experience. AND the GF all decorated for Christmas is always wonderful!!!:tree:

DisneyPrincess21
09-03-2010, 09:32 PM
I was able to get ADR's for the day I wanted. We decided to do this the day before our first DCL, because we don't have anything else plan that day other than a rest day. So we thought it would be the perfect time to take a break and relax.