PDA

View Full Version : Transportation driver possibly impaired

CantonMichigan
09-02-2010, 11:05 PM
I may have had an impaired Disney Bus Driver tonight. I don't have any proof. The three mistakes he made may have been honest mistakes, it's just rare to see the drivers make any mistakes. Should I report my concerns? To whom do I report it? Any thoughts?

BrerGnat
09-02-2010, 11:07 PM
Did you get the name of the driver? Are you staying onsite? If so, start at the resort front desk.

BigRedDad
09-03-2010, 07:51 AM
If you have no evidence or proof, then be sure of what you are going to do before you start. You could cause this person a loss of their job or worse. If the driver was truly impaired, you should have acted on the spot along with the other riders on the bus.

What 3 mistakes did the driver make?
What external conditions may have contributed to them?

BellesRose
09-03-2010, 08:05 AM
That's why I stopped taking Disney buses...the last driver I had was CRAZY. And yes, I regret not reporting him, but it was in the middle of the night and I was just thankful to be alive.

TikiLounger
09-03-2010, 09:58 AM
Wow...we've never had any problems on the buses. The drivers were always friendly and perfectly adequate.

Renfairwedding
09-03-2010, 10:13 AM
I had a driver that never missed a curb. Seemed like every turn and stop. Wham... up onto a curb.

brivers222
09-03-2010, 11:01 AM
I may have had an impaired Disney Bus Driver tonight. I don't have any proof. The three mistakes he made may have been honest mistakes, it's just rare to see the drivers make any mistakes. Should I report my concerns? To whom do I report it? Any thoughts?
You know its bad when your from Canton and you can spot bad drivers ;)

Born and raised in Canton, Michigan (Lilley and Warren area).... I live in bloomfield hills now, but i still work down there and the drivers are true visons of what not to do hahaha

If you have no proof (ie video or something along those lines) I am not sure you can do anything. Human error can come up everywhere.

Polynesian Dweller
09-03-2010, 11:07 AM
You really haven't given us any info about what makes you think the driver was impaired. You even say they may have been honest mistakes so it sounds like you aren't certain on this issue yourself. Those of us on this site can offer no help without more.

The impairment charge is a major charge and should not be made without proof. Just making mistakes is not proof of impairment. We all make mistakes driving even professional drivers. If you choose to do anything be very careful you are sure because an inaccurate charge of this sort can boomerang back at you.

BrerGnat
09-03-2010, 11:40 AM
Agree with everyone. When you say "imparied", what do you mean? Was this driver an older person? Did the driving in general seem careless, or was the driver slow to react to situations? If that is the case, I'd probably report it. Someone like that should not be driving buses.

If the person just seemed like a BAD driver, though, you gotta probably let it go. Not everyone is good at driving, but these drivers go through extensive training in how to safely handle these buses. And, you can't drive a bus like you drive a car.

dragon73
09-03-2010, 12:12 PM
You know its bad when your from Canton and you can spot bad drivers ;)

Born and raised in Canton, Michigan (Lilley and Warren area).... I live in bloomfield hills now, but i still work down there and the drivers are true visons of what not to do hahaha

If you have no proof (ie video or something along those lines) I am not sure you can do anything. Human error can come up everywhere.

I agree completely! And I just have to chime in to say that I've lived in Canton at Beck & Geddes for the past 12 years now. Amazing how bad the drivers around here are - I always brace myself everytime I leave the driveway for the inevitable to happen. Fatality on I-275 North at Cherry Hill this morning. So sad...

#1donaldfan
09-03-2010, 12:30 PM
:cool:...we were in an accident last June at Hollywood Studios....leaving the bus depot, the driver had the bus in gear, was asking this man to sit down (bus wasn't full) the man apparently didn't hear him, the driver stood up, faced us and started to fuss when BAM ... into the concrete barrier poles ...it was truly a jolt....It's a wonder that the driver didn't go through the window.....talk about a bunch of CM's coming to report, ask questions...etc....:cool: