PDA

View Full Version : Wait list?

phlo8810
09-02-2010, 02:46 PM
We are at BWV 11/9-11/19. My sister-in-law and her boyfriend are coming down 11/12-11/15. We tried to get them at studio at bwv but couldn't so they are staying at okw and waitlisting at bwv. Now I can still book a studio at bwv using cash on the Disney site. Is there a cutoff day where they allow these cash rooms to open up to dvc members? Also would it do any good to keep calling member services and try to book a room at bwv or does the wait list do this for me?we would really like them to stay in our hotel to make things easier. Thanks for any help in advance.

MinnieMommie
09-04-2010, 12:18 PM
I'm not sure if calling helps but I don't think it hurts. I to call when I'm on a waitlist and it usually works for me.

From what I have been told they can release those rooms 7 days out. Keep your waitlist activated till then but if DVC can't get you a room at that point call BW directly. They have inventory they can release which DVC can not. If you are already at the Boardwalk it will be easy to do. We had to implement this strategy on our January trip and it worked.

Another suggestion (courtesy of DH) is going on a 2nd waitlist at BC. It will be closer to you than OKW so if you are unable to be together BC will offer you the closest proximity to BWV. Let us know how this works out for you. :mickey:

phlo8810
09-06-2010, 10:06 AM
Thank you so much. Don't know why I didn't do the BC waitlist.