PDA

View Full Version : OK then, what is the WORST queue at WDW?

azcavalier
09-02-2010, 12:32 PM
Just curious as to what y'all think. Remember, what you think of the actual ride has no bearing on your answer.

biodtl
09-02-2010, 12:44 PM
I'd have to say Dumbo or Tomorrowland Speedway

cer
09-02-2010, 12:49 PM
Big Thunder Mountain Railroad.
The Speedway is bad, too.
Peter Pan queue is deceptive...with the way it kind of bends...

1DisneyNut
09-02-2010, 12:52 PM
By worst I take it you mean by the experience not the time or unexpected time you spend in the que line.
By far the worst as far as experience is the Kilimanjaro Safari que at Animal Kingdom. Well I should say it is the worst when it is hot and humid but then it is hot and humid in Orlando 3/4 of the year. lol The majority of the que is outside twisted through the trees and vegetation but a lot of sun still makes it through and the heat and humidity is almost unbearable. Why they build any ride now without an indoor air conditioned que is beyond me. I understand the whole atmosphere for the ride but geesh make the air conditioned que line building look like an old run down hut or store or something instead of making us suffer in the heat and humidity.

Ian
09-02-2010, 12:57 PM
I also am assuming you mean the worst themed and not the longest ...

I would vote for Philharmagic. It's like a bunch of blue curtains hung around with a few little decorations hung up. Quite lame, if you ask me.

Evil Genius
09-02-2010, 01:01 PM
If we're talking as of right now...then it's Dumbo. There's just nothing to it save for those odd clown thingies and mirrors for youngsters to get distracted by and slow the line down.

W24toISMdirect
09-02-2010, 01:17 PM
Peter Pan, deffinately.

joonyer
09-02-2010, 01:31 PM
Tomorrowland speedway queue gets my vote. But the attraction itself also gets my vote for the most lame attraction at WDW.

SBETigg
09-02-2010, 01:43 PM
Peter Pan, deffinately.

Agreed. And it's always a ridiculously long line for the attraction within. Love it, but won't wait more than 20 minutes for it. Not without a better queue.

EeyoresBestFriend
09-02-2010, 01:48 PM
Soarin!!!

OMG ~ not only a long line, but painfully institutional looking :sick: Even from the Fastpass side ~ so unDisney, IMO.

magicofdisney
09-02-2010, 01:54 PM
It feels like most queues in Fantasy Land were not given much thought. About the only one I can tolerate with any length of time (but rarely have to) is It's a Small World. At least you can cool down fairly quickly once you get in.

At Epcot I dislike the winding, twisting turns of Nemo. I also get disoriented walking through that queue. 3 Amigos is lame. If that wait is much more than 5min, it usually means the ride is down.

DisneyLuver91
09-02-2010, 02:00 PM
Maelstrom. Hands down.

laprana
09-02-2010, 02:09 PM
My least favorite queues are Test Track and Winnie the Pooh, both mostly because of the sounds. I start getting a headache after just a few minutes of the banging and clanging in Test Track and the constantly repeated "Ta ta for now!" in Pooh!

I also agree with those who said Peter Pan...what a looooong, boring queue to wait in (even though it is one of my favorite rides in MK! :D)

MizMissy
09-02-2010, 02:15 PM
Is Backlot tour a ride or a show? If you consider it a ride, it gets my vote ... multiple rows of inclined concrete and no breeze is not fun.
If not a ride, then I would go with Tomorrowland Speedway ... the exhaust fumes :sick:

BrerGnat
09-02-2010, 02:24 PM
Most unimaginative: Peter Pan, tied with Spaceship Earth

Most ANNOYING: Test Track

Most boring: Tomorrowland Rockets, because you can't even watch the ride while you are waiting.

Reedy Creek Buccaneer
09-02-2010, 02:29 PM
Peter Pan for sure! It moves so slowly for a continuous moving ride.

azcavalier
09-02-2010, 02:46 PM
Soarin!!!

OMG ~ not only a long line, but painfully institutional looking :sick: Even from the Fastpass side ~ so unDisney, IMO.

Now, in defense of Soarin', it used to be better when they had actual photos with trivia questions on the big screens. Now they're kind of post-modern landscape artwork. I have no idea why they did that. It's one of those changes that, to me, defy explanation. It wasn't a question of money. Why change it?

Ms. Mode
09-02-2010, 03:00 PM
Snow White at MK....I remember standing in that line in 95o heat, it was awful.

Of course, that's followed by It's a Small World...that music....:ack:

ILoveLegos
09-02-2010, 03:03 PM
Peter Pan has a deceptively long, hot, slow moving queue.

Granny Jill A
09-02-2010, 03:15 PM
I start getting a headache after just a few minutes of the banging and clanging in Test Track

Gotta agree with you that one -yikes - bang bang bang and I'm ready to throw myself in front of the next car.

Speaking of cars.... my next least favorite would be Tomorrowland Speedway. Noisy and toxic beyond belief.

Seasonscraps
09-02-2010, 03:18 PM
I find the queue for test track painful - the banging and the siren. :(

Aurora
09-02-2010, 03:26 PM
My vote is the Winnie the Pooh ride, not just because it's one of the back and forth, through the chains, non-themed amusement park queues, but because it's psychological torture to move only a few feet every five minutes while Fastpass people are moved through. So of course I will only ride if I can get a FP for it. :blush:

AllDisney
09-02-2010, 03:31 PM
Soarin for sure!

DisneyDINK
09-02-2010, 03:41 PM
Carousel of Progress - a platform by a slowly spinning building with a sign and a poster. Not that the queue is important; there's never any real wait.

W24toISMdirect
09-02-2010, 04:11 PM
Maelstrom. Hands down.

I don't think I've ever actually waited for Maelstrom.

sassy2000
09-02-2010, 05:14 PM

I agree. I hate standing above the race cars, sucking in the exhaust fumes! :ack:

thesplashmountaineer
09-02-2010, 05:20 PM
Maelstrom and soarin.
of course, the queues for Dumbo, the caroussel and the tea cups are not very fun but what could you do more...

seanyred
09-02-2010, 05:28 PM

I would vote for Philharmagic. It's like a bunch of blue curtains hung around with a few little decorations hung up. Quite lame, if you ask me.

I agree. The posters are kind of funny but it really looks like they took some fabric and a staple gun and went to town. Plus right when you get your "opera glasses" the ply-wood floor bounces and feels like its going to break.

jillluvsdisney
09-02-2010, 05:36 PM
This opinion is based on my visit last month. The worst queue for me would have been Big Thunder Mountain. I had to ride it after dark because there was no way I could stand in the sun at the start of the line. It was bad enough at night, there is no air movement or breeze in there and those lines are packed pretty tight with hot,sweaty bodies.:thedolls:

The other wait that was almost unbearable was sitting and waiting for Beauty and the Beast at HS. It was 1040 am and we were waiting for the 1rst show of the day. They had fans blowing air but it did no good. Wow. I've never felt so hot in my life and it wasn't even the hottest part of the day yet.

Any queue that was air conditioned and out of the sun was fabulous with me.

SBETigg
09-02-2010, 05:49 PM
Now, in defense of Soarin', it used to be better when they had actual photos with trivia questions on the big screens. Now they're kind of post-modern landscape artwork. I have no idea why they did that. It's one of those changes that, to me, defy explanation. It wasn't a question of money. Why change it?

Because the landscape art becomes interactive games. It didn't last time I was there, but it did the time before that. Are the games still working or did they change it again?

BellesRose
09-02-2010, 06:41 PM
Astro Orbiter.

BellesRose
09-02-2010, 06:42 PM
Because the landscape art becomes interactive games. It didn't last time I was there, but it did the time before that. Are the games still working or did they change it again?
When I was there in February, it was a game, then about 5 different pictures of the "art," then another game, and so on.

JPL
09-02-2010, 06:56 PM
Peter Pan most boring and slowest moving line in WDW!

crltkcagle
09-02-2010, 07:06 PM
Ok I loathe waiting for cars in MK. The exhaust fumes combined with the heat gives me a bad headache. Now I also hate the Nemo line. Not becuase its unattractive but theres never anyone in there and you have to walk and walk what seems like forever around and around till you get to the ride. Thats my experience with it every time we go. If the line is ever at the door for Nemo there is no way I am getting in it! :D

azcavalier
09-02-2010, 10:55 PM

I have never seen any interactivity. Just some abstract-ish modern art that changes every so often.

SandmanGStefani24
09-02-2010, 11:50 PM
Soarin!!!

no kidding!

dull, unimaginative, and a VERY long wait! i would say that the Mad Tea Party would be a close second, but then again there is no queue area whatsoever...

RAIDER
09-03-2010, 03:03 AM
Soarin!!!

OMG ..agreed with you on that one .That queue when you see the fast pass holders going past you is heartbreaking :(

IamBelle
09-03-2010, 08:06 AM
Hands down,Peter Pan...however, a close second for me was standing in line inside the Animation Building waiting for the Up characters...

wdwfansince75
09-03-2010, 08:58 AM
I don't recall when I last did the Indy raceway, but I do recall that it was hot, noisy, and smelly.....but without Fast Passes, the most poorly planned, and boring queue of all is Soaring...just getting to the start of the queue is a problem. For the Imagineer who suggested it, and for the executive who ok'ed it, ....What were they thinking! Just putting the queue entrance on the upper level instead of the lower level would have made much more sense, and obviously would not have changed the design nor increased the cost very much. And, yes, the exit could still be at the lower level...

TikiLounger
09-03-2010, 09:55 AM
My vote goes to Test Track. Yikes. It's very annoying.

and...in defense of the Soarin' queue...everytime we've been in the stand-by line, we've played the interactive games. Kind of fun when everyone wants to play. No so fun when only a few people are into it. I actually like the art, too.

GrmGrninGost
09-03-2010, 10:40 AM
Tomorrowland Speedway hands down. Slow, boring and the exhause fumes make me nautious. :ack:

DisneyLuver91
09-03-2010, 11:31 AM
I don't think I've ever actually waited for Maelstrom.

My trip two weeks ago I had to wait because the ride stopped for about twenty minutes. Let me say that standing behind that greenish wall for almost a half hour is extremely painful. Couldn't even see the mural... :(

IfYouHadWings503
09-03-2010, 11:38 AM
Peter Pan...love the ride...hate the queue. It's like the road to nowhere :confused:

DisneyDoug2
09-03-2010, 11:49 AM
I have to vote for Soarin

EpcotFan182
09-03-2010, 12:31 PM
I don't like Peter Pan's Flight's queue just because it's very deceptive from the outside how long the line actually is, and for a continuously moving ride I feel like the line moves slowly. Other ones I find a little unimaginative are Kilimanjaro Safaris and Spaceship Earth; However SSE makes up for it by loading very fast, so I don't mind waiting on that one! :mickey:

darthmacho
09-03-2010, 12:51 PM

I agree, but I think Speedway is the worst because of the fumes!!!! :sick:

DisneyHoneymooners
09-03-2010, 01:11 PM
Soarin, its s o long and boring!

PirateLover
09-03-2010, 01:33 PM
But at least it's air conditioned!!! That alone puts it above some of the others.

Definitely the Fantasyland rides rank low because most of them are outside and have little to no theming. Right now I don't mind that too much because I have no little ones in tow, so hubby and I just pass the time with conversation. But there are only 2 times in line when I thought I might explode and that would be Big Thunder in the summer heat and Test Track with the noises.

WDWgoofy
09-03-2010, 02:22 PM
First of all, in my opinion, for a queue to be bad it must be one that you have been in for a long time.

With that basis, I have unpleasant memories of many favorite rides; however, the worst queue is Test Track, particularly when your under a loud speaker and hear the same track played over and over. I also do not appreciate the pre-show.

disneymom2000
09-03-2010, 02:36 PM
There are too many to count that just twist a long line and have no visual effects. The first one that came to my mind when I saw the post was Kilamanjaro Safari but at least you have the animal information to read and see before you get on the ride. So I would have to say the ones like Peter Pan, Snow White, IASW etc have to be the worst.

dragon73
09-03-2010, 03:49 PM
Rock n' Roller Coaster. Once you get inside, it's great, but the bullpen maze outside is torturous. Especially during the hot and humid part of the day.

TikiLounger
09-03-2010, 04:18 PM
Rock n' Roller Coaster. Once you get inside, it's great, but the bullpen maze outside is torturous. Especially during the hot and humid part of the day.

You know what? I already put my 2 cents in for Test Track but after reading this, I have to agree. The queue line for RnRC really stinks. Especially in when the Florida heat is unbearable...

AgentP
09-03-2010, 08:18 PM
Another vote for Peter Pan and IASW, especially when standing with a 2 year old:D

5MemphisTiggers
09-03-2010, 11:37 PM
I vote Peter Pan. Your cramped into that long slow-moving line, it's always hot and the air doesn't circulate (how about a few fans that occassionally mist?), and there is absolutely no theme.

But I love the ride!

Beach Club Babe
09-05-2010, 11:26 AM
To me it is Voyage of The Little Mermaid. I hate that small room where everyone is crowded into and is "jockeying" for position.

SandmanGStefani24
09-05-2010, 11:41 AM
My trip two weeks ago I had to wait because the ride stopped for about twenty minutes. Let me say that standing behind that greenish wall for almost a half hour is extremely painful. Couldn't even see the mural... :(

i have ridden Malestrom every time I visit the World, and still could not tell you what the queue is like. I picture a dimly lit room with a wooden (i think) queue-serpentine. Mural? What mural? lol...
Can't say I've waited more than 5 min for this ride.

johnO
09-05-2010, 01:55 PM
I'd rather be waiting in any of those hot humid queues, than working in the hot humid air here in S.C.

mickclub1955
09-05-2010, 04:24 PM
I have to say hands down the Haunted Mansion. Once you leave the stretching room it is all hands for yourself. One big mass going in no particular order to one small corner of the room. It is hard keeping your party together. It seems like mass confusion and people are so inconsiderate. :thedolls::m:mad::mad::mad::skull::skull::skull::r ant::rant::

CanadaLovesDisney
09-05-2010, 09:33 PM
The line for toy story mania is painful. The first few times hearing mr.potato head is fun. After the 30th time it starts to hurt.

disneyjoe
09-05-2010, 11:07 PM
I would have to say Toy Story Mania, have yet to see it under and hour long wait (180 minutes I saw the night I left) and fast passes are long gone first thing in the morning. The cue lasts forever but it is a fun shooting ride!

mainemajor
09-06-2010, 09:00 AM
another vote for Tommorrow Land Speedway

Bellerella
09-06-2010, 08:18 PM
To me, the worst type is when you are waiting in line for a ride, and the next thing you know, you are being packed into an open room where the CMs are telling you to go as far back as possible. Once they let you exit the room, all of these people who were behind you in line, are suddenly in front of you! And people like me just can't bring myself to shove my way into my place in line, so usually my family is the last ones out of the room. So many people push towards the doors and shove past you while they play the movie or just have you wait. Dinosaur, Philharmagic, Haunted Mansion, and Rockin Rollercoaster are a few examples of attractions with these horrible queues.

Victor Kelly
09-06-2010, 09:15 PM
Peter Pan, too long for a continuous moving ride, except fastpass screws things up since they let 100 or more fast passers on at a time.

CaptSmee
09-06-2010, 09:26 PM

Those post-modern landscape screens change to an interactive game approx every 20 min's or so that can only be seen and played in the standby line. Space Mountains new queue is similar in concept now & kicks pretty major butt now!

CaptSmee
09-06-2010, 09:29 PM
There are so many bad one's...Big Thunder, Splash Mtn...the all time worse I remember is gone now, 20000 Leagues Under the Sea. I used to get sunburned everytime we went on the ride.

tinka
09-06-2010, 09:41 PM
I definately would have to say Maelstrom! BORING!!!

Fastpasssteve
09-07-2010, 12:34 AM
I vote for Peter Pan. The queue LOOKS short, but it wraps around the right side of the building. It is a double-edged sword: long queue, but it is my favorite ride! I love it dearly.

brownie
09-07-2010, 12:09 PM
My vote's for Dumbo.

LauraF
09-07-2010, 01:32 PM
BTMR, hands down.

It is always hot and crowded, plus I spend most of it either standing in the sun, or crowded into a hot wooden box with other hot and sweaty people. Even when both sides are running, it is a slow load, so there is none of the creeping along that so many other rides do to make it feel like you are at least accomplishing something.

At least others have AC units to stand near!

beksy
09-07-2010, 01:49 PM
I would say that most of the rides in Fantasyland tie for bad queues along with the Speedway. The exceptions for me are Philharmagic and Pooh since I like to take pics while waiting in these. Yay for fastpasses in this area! :mickey:

Eric87
09-09-2010, 12:39 PM
I'd hav to say Peter Pan, Test Track, and Soarin'. Every trip, these three seem to be the longest with nothing to do to occupy time. The Soarin' queue only works when others are paying attention, otherwise I feel like I'm in some sort of maze and can't see out.

g8rgirl29
09-09-2010, 12:43 PM
Dumbo, standing in that hot line that just does not seem to move.

Greenlawler
09-10-2010, 02:12 AM

However I like the subtile omages to Mickeys Musical Review the original tennant.

ltjrrich
09-10-2010, 11:58 AM
I vote for Peter Pan. The queue LOOKS short, but it wraps around the right side of the building. It is a double-edged sword: long queue, but it is my favorite ride! I love it dearly.

I remember when I was a kid we never waited for it - we always just walked right on. But then I noticed on a trip a few years ago that the line was over an hour! My question is - what happened? Why and how did Peter Pan become such a popular ride within the last few years?

ravsluvdisney
09-10-2010, 01:53 PM
To be honest, ANY ride where you are not fastpassing and have to wait in line more than say 20 minutes weaving in lines with the lovely Fl. heat is no fun. Period. The ride payoff and some very creative ques makes up for a lot of it. Speedway-no. Dumbo-rather painful actually. Backlot Tour-uggh. The only thing worse and slightly on-topic here would be the amount of time spent in lines waiting for autographs from the characters. Wow. Thankfully, the DS' have moved on to pin collecting. :mickey::mickey::mickey::mickey:

azcavalier
09-10-2010, 03:37 PM
To be honest, ANY ride where you are not fastpassing and have to wait in line more than say 20 minutes weaving in lines with the lovely Fl. heat is no fun. Period. The ride payoff and some very creative ques makes up for a lot of it. Speedway-no. Dumbo-rather painful actually. Backlot Tour-uggh. The only thing worse and slightly on-topic here would be the amount of time spent in lines waiting for autographs from the characters. Wow. Thankfully, the DS' have moved on to pin collecting. :mickey::mickey::mickey::mickey:

We bypassed the autographs and got our three kids straight into pin collecting for that very reason. At least waiting in line for a ride some payoff.

lettripp
09-10-2010, 04:25 PM
Soarin's queue bores me :sleepin:

Imagineer1981
09-10-2010, 04:30 PM
Astro Orbitor takes the prize for me...nothing to look forward to but an elevator

Gator
09-10-2010, 04:57 PM
I definately would have to say Maelstrom! BORING!!!

Man, I really don't get all the hate for Maelstrom. I know if the ride shuts down for a while, any ride queue can be terrible. But is it really up there with the worst? No way! It's lined with the Norway flags, it has a giant mural of Old America, and has a great People of Norway mural. Plus it's indoors, which means air conditioned.

The worst is Dumbo. It's sooooo slow, there's no theming, and the ride itself covers the view of the Castle.

r4kids
09-10-2010, 08:57 PM
Soarin!!!

I totally agree!! It is also wide, and people end trying to cut up farther. Drives me insane. They will get right up on your butt then slowly move around you !!

r4kids
09-10-2010, 09:00 PM
Dumbo, standing in that hot line that just does not seem to move.

What's confusing is people wait, you can go right over to Aladdin's magic carpets and ride the same thing with almost to little wait. Why wait at Dumbo? We will do Dumbo(no wait) but it is a terrible line!

Gator
09-11-2010, 01:47 PM
What's confusing is people wait, you can go right over to Aladdin's magic carpets and ride the same thing with almost to little wait. Why wait at Dumbo? We will do Dumbo(no wait) but it is a terrible line!

I completely agree. I'll hit The Carpet Ride with the kids usually twice each MK day. But the kids have to ride Dumbo, so we'll head there early to avoid the really bad lines.

Still, standing in the longest line at Dumbo is still better than my best day at work.

mainemajor
09-12-2010, 08:26 AM
On my last visit to MK, I walked on to Dumbo...of course that was at midnight in March. I had not ridden Dumbo for thirty years, so when I saw no wait I went for it. Call me sentimental or something else. Snow White was also a walk on by that time, too.

CaptSmee
09-12-2010, 04:01 PM
I remember when I was a kid we never waited for it - we always just walked right on. But then I noticed on a trip a few years ago that the line was over an hour! My question is - what happened? Why and how did Peter Pan become such a popular ride within the last few years?

Not sure when your referring too...Peter Pan's Flight has always been popular and I remember long lines when I was a child even. It's had FP available pretty much since FP debuted.

LudwigVonDrake
09-12-2010, 04:33 PM
Peter Pan is deceptively long. The outside portion of the RnR coaster is horrible since it's so hot.

Jared
09-12-2010, 05:35 PM
Another vote here for Big Thunder Mountain Railroad. The line seemingly bends and curves and twists forever, and the area is unbearably crowded. I don't like lines when I can't decipher how much progress I've made. I always feel a little disoriented at Big Thunder, never knowing which way we will turn next.

Honorable mention goes to Test Track. The banging and clanging makes the wait intolerable.

dixielandings
09-13-2010, 10:35 PM
My immediate thought was Soarin', mostly based on expectation. The attraction itself is amazing - the queue should be the same. And it's a total yawner.

Beyond that, I'd any queue that isn't AT LEAST in the shade (Speedway, Dumbo, Magic Carpets)...

I missed the best queue post - I'll have to go find it!

Laughin' place
09-14-2010, 01:33 PM
Gotta be Dumbo -- long, hot, sunny, and not very entertaining

edhunter28
09-14-2010, 02:06 PM
my vote definetly goes to the speedway