PDA

View Full Version : Stroller Locking

Mister421
09-02-2010, 10:52 AM
Does Disney have any restrictions about locking strollers? I'm not locking the stroller to anything but only locking up the rear wheels. Kind of like a parking boot for a car. It basically allows someone to move the stroller if let's say a CM needed to relocate it by picking up the back end but would make it difficult for a person to take it a long distance to get out of the park. It's an expensive stroller and we've had some problems in the past (not at Disney). Thanks.

ANG
09-02-2010, 11:02 AM
Hmm never heard of such a thing!

I hate leaving our stroller unattended

#1donaldfan
09-02-2010, 12:09 PM
I've never seen any signs or had to sign a waiver indicating that I'd not lock my stroller, so I'd say locking the rear wheels would be ok !:cool:

1DisneyNut
09-02-2010, 12:38 PM
Shouldn't be a problem since the CM's can still move it if necessary. However, we nor anyone we know have ever had a problem with people stealing things at WDW. There really isn't very many of the type people that would steal things such as your stroller in the WDW parks simply due to the cost of visiting. We have left backpacks full of things sitting in strollers in the past. With all of that said, we learned our very first trip with small children that bringing the big stroller was a bad idea. They are very cumbersome when getting on and off the bus and can also be a pain to navigate through the crowds. We have been on buses the past few years and other visitors brought big strollers on and the drivers would not let them sit them in the seats and also made them hold on to them securely. So basically they had to stand up, try to hold on to this huge stroller as well as hold on to the bars so they wouldn't fall themselves. I suggest getting the umbrella type strollers for visiting the parks. They are cheap, we found some with disney characters for under $15 at walmart once. If by chance someone was to steal one of them, you are only out $15 plus they are so much lighter and easier to deal with.

Melanie
09-02-2010, 07:06 PM
I've never heard of any restrictions, but we only traveled once with a stroller.

I'm actually quite shocked at the things I see left in people's strollers. I guess I'm just not that trusting.

crltkcagle
09-02-2010, 07:11 PM
Lock our strollers all the time. The Cm's still move it if need be. Shouldn't be a problem.

MickeysEars
09-02-2010, 09:39 PM
We have had our rented strollers taken from outside some resturants

stephntampa
09-03-2010, 06:37 AM
A dear friend of mine had her childs personal stroller stolen. It completely ruined her family's day, as they spent the rest of their time trying to find the stroller! Truly awful, but there are "bad" people EVERYWHERE!!

1DisneyNut
09-03-2010, 10:33 AM
A dear friend of mine had her childs personal stroller stolen. It completely ruined her family's day, as they spent the rest of their time trying to find the stroller! Truly awful, but there are "bad" people EVERYWHERE!!

This is one of the reasons I suggest not to take a stroller that you would be upset about losing. Take a cheap umbrella type. No big deal if it comes up missing and they are so much easier to deal with. My biggest pet peeve about the big strollers is when people bring them on the bus and bang everybody in the knees with them as they are struggling to get it down the isle. I have actually gotten angry with some and asked them next time why don't they bring a shopping cart to drag down the isle and bruise our knees with. As far as putting a lock through the wheels, I guess that would help discourage someone taking it but if they really want it they will just lift it up off the back wheels and roll it away anyway.

eas423
09-04-2010, 11:09 PM
As long as the CM can still move it, it won't be a problem. I'm always a little leery of leaving my stroller, but thankfully no one has ever messed with it. We never leave any bags with it.

I didn't know such a product existed! Off to google it...