PDA

View Full Version : Italy Restaurants?

darthmacho
09-01-2010, 05:27 PM
While we were in WDW last week, I noticed that both restaurants in Epcot's Italy Pavilion were operating. I thought the new pizza place was replacing the former sit-down restaurant? We didn't eat at either, but was curious if both were going to remain open. Anyone know the situation? You never know, we might want to eat ther next time! :mickey:

SBETigg
09-01-2010, 05:51 PM
It is my understanding that both are remaining open. It was never clear to me if Tutto Italia was going to be redone to a greater extent, but it is in operation alongside the new pizza/pasta offering Via Napoli. We tried Via Napoli while we were there a few weeks ago, and it was pretty awesome. Well worth a visit. Not fancy, but clean, bright, and fun. Very good pizza.

darthmacho
09-01-2010, 06:08 PM
I also felt the whole pavilion seemed more vibrant because of it. :mickey:

Melanie
09-01-2010, 06:58 PM
Definitely opened up the pavilion, that's for sure.

I'm looking forward to it cooling down around here so we can eat at the outdoor portion of Via Napoli. :thumbsup:

DouieDan
09-02-2010, 11:04 PM
Both will operate, and there are from my understanding no plans to close Tutto. We have ADR for Via Napoli in late Sept and are looking forward to it. We cant wait for the new restaurant in Mexico to open as well.

disneymom2000
09-04-2010, 06:48 PM
I am glad they are both going to stay operational. It gives us more of a choice of restaurants - not that World Showcase is lacking in that area, but it seems like everything is always booked so it just gives us another option.

Fastpasssteve
09-04-2010, 10:58 PM
Tutto just re-opened a couple years ago after a renovation and new management coming in. They are not going anywhere for a long while.

tinksmom02
09-05-2010, 10:59 AM
Tutto just re-opened a couple years ago after a renovation and new management coming in. They are not going anywhere for a long while.

Perhaps I'm remembering incorrectly, but I had thought that when Alfredo's closed, Tutto Italia was moving in temporarily, that eventually the restaraunt would be refurbed. Didn't TI basically move in to Alfredo's, with little to no changes to the venue?

(not complaining or anything, we enjoyed TI when we were there, and the more places to eat, the better! just wondering if my memory is playing tricks on me. not the first time.)

SBETigg
09-05-2010, 11:22 AM
Perhaps I'm remembering incorrectly, but I had thought that when Alfredo's closed, Tutto Italia was moving in temporarily, that eventually the restaraunt would be refurbed. Didn't TI basically move in to Alfredo's, with little to no changes to the venue?

(not complaining or anything, we enjoyed TI when we were there, and the more places to eat, the better! just wondering if my memory is playing tricks on me. not the first time.)

Yes, and that was the statement at the time, which is why I am unsure if the restaurant will undergo further renovation. Sounds like it is in the plan, maybe once they get Via Napoli running for a while. But Via Napoli isn't replacing a restaurant. The plan as I understand it is to have two in operation in Italy, with the exception of a potential brief closing for refurb on Tutto Italia, unless they have scrapped that plan.