PDA

View Full Version : Boatwrights Dining Hall good?

disneymomma2010
09-01-2010, 03:37 PM
Tell me what you think about Boatwrights dining hall. Would you eat there or maya grill if you had to choose when coming from epcot. Im looking for very good food, good service and something the kids and adults both will enjoy. We are staying at POR now and I was trying to decide somewhere to eat the day of epcot and i thought about trying it since we are staying there and it's close to epcot.

darthmacho
09-01-2010, 03:54 PM
Funny you should ask. We ate there on the first night of our stay, just a few weeks ago. It was easily one of the best meals we had during the week. This is what we had: Grilled Tenderloin Medallions - served with Crayfish, Honey-Mustard Mashed Sweet Potatoes, and Rum Demi-glace. It was awesome. All the ingredients were perfect. I had the bananas foster for dessert. They seemed to have a lot of other great things on the menu I would have tried, but we only ate there one night.

I also LOVE Maya Grill, but we ate there 11 years ago, and Boatwright's is more fresh in my mind. In my opinion, whichever you choose will be good, but if you are staying at POR, why not stay at the home resort?

Good luck. :mickey:

disneymomma2010
09-01-2010, 03:58 PM
thanks darth macho. One more question for you. I see you stayed at POR. How did you like it?

darthmacho
09-01-2010, 05:09 PM
We loved POR. It was a great place to call home base. We spent the entire first day of our stay there, including eating at the food court for lunch, Boatwright's for dinner, and going on a horse and buggy ride that included a ride through the French Quarter. The kids loved the pool, especially the water slide, and the arcade was good too. No matter how much fun we were having in the parks, the kids kept mentioning the pool and arcade. Lol Typical kids, right?
I got up every day at 7am just to wander around the grounds while my girls got ready. The theming of the buildings was great, Mansions and Bayous, and finding little nooks and paths were a treat. If you wander around, read the signs, including the lore of Ol' Man Island, you'll get the feeling of how well everything is tied together!
The connectivity with French Quarter was nice too. We walked over and swam in their pool and ate lunch there one day, and took the boat back. It was like getting to stay at two different resorts for the price of one.
The boat to Downtown Disney was convenient for a variety of reasons, but the simple pleasure of the boat ride was in itself enough.
I wouldn't recommend the four person tandem bike. It was very difficult to get it up hills!
There were a lot of other good things about POR, but that was just off of the top of my head. Feel free to ask me any other specific questions, and I'll answer them if I can! :mickey:

disneymom2000
09-01-2010, 06:38 PM
POR has been my only stay at a moderate resort. If it is anything like the other moderates, I will definitely give them a try. I loved staying in the mansion and it was pretty convenient to the pool and to Boatwrights which I ate at twice. I thought the food was really good and the service was up to Disney standards. I don't think you can go wrong with eating there.

We stayed in the Magnolia Terrace mansion in the back wing and we caught the bus right across the parking lot. It literally took us like 30 seconds from our door to the bus stop. So at the end of the day it was wonderful not to have to walk so far from the bus to the room and crash for the night.

#1donaldfan
09-02-2010, 12:27 PM
Boatwrights is a great place to eat !!!

POR is the perfect place to stay....it's a moderate with a "deluxe" feel !!! Seriously !! There are so many things to see and do, that you could easily play there and not even go to a park.

You can rent a bike, take a carriage ride, take a boat to DtD, rent a boat for a private adventure, swim in any of the 5 quiet pools or the main "signature" pool, walk the many paths, shop in a huge store, eat at the great counter service area......etc..there's just so much to do....I'm sure I'm leaving out a zillion things.....:thumbsup:

LuvDaDuckMost
09-05-2010, 11:19 PM
Just had dinner at Boatwrights last night. Had the Grilled Tenderloin Medallions mentioned above and they were awesome! If you are a hearty eater you may want to order something else though. It came with two medallions and for me that was more than enough. My spouse however, would have starved. The Jambalaya looked awesome but, we didn't order that. And the deserts were simple but good. I would certainly eat there again.

Tinkerbella16
09-10-2010, 03:32 PM
When we stayed at POR in 2007...it easily became my favorite WDW resort that I've ever stayed in. For the money, it is almost like staying at a mini-deluxe. The grounds were gorgeous, rooms are spacious enough, and the boat to DTD was just great to have since we like to go to DTD in the evenings when the parks close. It was so relaxing. The year after I decided to try POFQ and I was just WOW'ed!! I love it there and that easily became my favorite resort that I've stayed at so far lol. You will love POR for everything it has to offer. I like FQ just a little more because it wasn't crowded, and the size of the resort is much much smaller so no matter where your room is...you are close to everything! :mickey:

azcavalier
09-10-2010, 03:49 PM
We have stayed at POR, and only eaten at Boatwright's the last time. I had the Jambalaya, and didn't care for it, but I really didn't know what to expect. The rest of my family (DW, and three kids), enjoyed it. We're not eating there this time, but probably will go back next year.

Donald Duck Rules
09-10-2010, 03:50 PM
Ate there and it was good