PDA

View Full Version : Logistics of Booking

faline
09-01-2010, 11:51 AM
When staying at a resort, other than your home resort, I know you can book 7 months out but it seems you can book only 7 days at that 7 month mark. How do you handle it if you want to book a longer stay - say 10 nights?

Do you wait the extra few days and then book your entire trip?

Do you book the 7 nights when the window first opens? Then can you add the additional nights over the next few days? And, if so, if the additional nights are not available (I know you can waitlist) but the entire 10 nights are available at another resort, can you cancel the 7 nights you already booked and rebook the entire 10 at the resort that has all 10 available?

dlpmikki
09-01-2010, 01:12 PM
Yup, it is only 7 days at a time. You can then ring daily to get each extra day. If a different resort has availability you can change but run the risk of availability disapearing in the few moments when they cancel the old booking and do the new one. It could happen!

faline
09-01-2010, 02:23 PM
Yup, it is only 7 days at a time. You can then ring daily to get each extra day.

So even if I wait a few more days, I would still only be able to book the initial 7 days or could I book the whole 10 at that time?

If I add on a day at a time will it be added on to the 7 I already booked or would I possibly need to change rooms each of the additional nights?

This is all new territory for me!

laprana
09-01-2010, 02:40 PM
I ran into this same situation when booking our trip for next May, except that I was booking at the 11-month mark. Our trip is 11 nights, but since you can only book up to 7 nights at a time, what I ended up doing was booking the first 7 nights and then I called every day for the next 4 days and added on a day each time. The first CM I spoke to when I booked the first 7 nights said that I could call back every day to add a day, or I could wait 4 days and then call and book the additional days all at once. I'm not sure about waiting a few days to book more than 7 days at one time, but I think that you would still only initially be able to book 7 days. I'm not positive on that, though. :confused:

I have the same question as you about switching resorts, waitlists, and all of that, though. We're hoping to switch to a different resort at the 7 month mark, just to try something new. But, I don't know how MS handles that when the reservation is for more than 7 nights. Does anyone know if you can take an 11-night trip that's already booked and switch the whole thing to a different resort at the 7 month mark? Or will I have to switch the first 7 nights and then call back each day for the remaining 4 nights?

dlpmikki
09-01-2010, 05:09 PM
yes, each day would be added/connected to original booking if at same resort.

I believe if changing at 7 months the 7 day rule would still apply.

TheDuckRocks
09-02-2010, 09:03 AM
So even if I wait a few more days, I would still only be able to book the initial 7 days or could I book the whole 10 at that time?

On May 21 I was able to book a 10 day stay for Nov. with only one phone call. So I would think that if you are completely within the booking time frame they accept stays longer than 7 days if available.