PDA

View Full Version : Wi-Fi -- ipod touch

AntMagsMom
08-31-2010, 12:52 PM
If I bring my ipod Touch are there places that have wireless connections within Disney? I'm trying to decide if it would be worth it just to basically check email?

DizneyRox
08-31-2010, 01:30 PM
There's WiFi at many of the Deluxe hotels @ $9.95 a day. There's some reports of other locations, but I haven't been able to confirm that they do exist. For the most part, Internet at Disney is $10 a day, wired access in the rooms and public areas at many of the Deluxe hotels has WiFi.

magicofdisney
08-31-2010, 01:40 PM
This is a McDonalds on site (near the All Star Resorts) that may have WiFi. I haven't tested it yet, but other McDonalds in FL offer the free WiFi.

kakn7294
08-31-2010, 02:47 PM
I took my iPod Touch with me everyday and I can verify that there is NO wifi access at any of the parks. I did not try the $9.95 wireless in the deluxes so I don't know how that works. I also did not go to the McDonald's to try wifi there but wifi works just fine with the Touch in all other McDonald's so I'm assuming that it would be available at that location as well.

BrerGnat
08-31-2010, 02:49 PM
You can get FREE wi fi in the lobby of the Yacht Club and Beach Club. I CONFIRMED this in March, using my own Ipod Touch. You are given a screen which asks for your permission to connect to Disney's network. You just have to "okay" it. There is no password needed.

I used this to check my email and Facebook while on our trip. We were staying at BC, but didn't feel like paying the 9.95 fee for in room internet access.

This is the only place I found FREE wi fi at WDW, by the way.

kakn7294
08-31-2010, 02:54 PM
You can get FREE wi fi in the lobby of the Yacht Club and Beach Club. I CONFIRMED this in March, using my own Ipod Touch. You are given a screen which asks for your permission to connect to Disney's network. You just have to "okay" it. There is no password needed.

I used this to check my email and Facebook while on our trip. We were staying at BC, but didn't feel like paying the 9.95 fee for in room internet access.

This is the only place I found FREE wi fi at WDW, by the way.I'll keep this in mind. Thanks for the info!

BrerGnat
08-31-2010, 04:16 PM
I'll keep this in mind. Thanks for the info!

You're welcome! There were LOTS of people in the lobby on netbooks, ipods, etc. On our last day, we had about an hour to kill before our DME pickup, so DH brought out the Netbook so we could look at our Photo Pass photos online.

I have mentioned this free wi-fi access in a few posts, and constantly get "corrected" that it's not free. It is. I promise. Disney does not hide this in any way. I had heard about it prior to our trip, and I asked the Concierge CM when we checked in and she confirmed it for me, and added that the signal is also available at Stormalong Bay, extending out to Hurricane Hannah's sitting area.