PDA

View Full Version : BWI- best way to get to DC?

BriarRose0708
08-30-2010, 08:56 PM
Hi all. Disney has spoiled me rotten. I am visiting my sister living in DC over Columbus Day weekend. The most affordable flights are through BWI. I like the Baltimore airport but I am so unfamiliar with the transportation systems there that I haven't the first clue how to get from there to my sister's metro stop in Columbia Heights.

So far I have researched Amtrak, and for $10 each way I can book a train from the airpot to Union Station, and then I can take the metro system to the stop I need. I know there is a shuttle bus from the green line to BWI but I get hesitant around buses (even in Disney I dislike them, purely because I don't like buses) because of safety. It's one of those "things" people have- some people don't like to be around ketchup, others are afraid of dogs. I dislike buses. So, in addition to the Amtrak solution does anyone know of another rail shuttle? I checked the Maryland commuter rail that services Union Station too but it doesn't run on Saturday, which is my arrival date.

Thank you!

Where is Magical Express when I need it????