PDA

View Full Version : Disney Store Park Benefits?

Captain_Nemo
08-30-2010, 05:24 PM
Do Disney Store employees receive the same benefits as Disney cast members in terms of park passes or discounts at Disney Theme parks? I asked once and the lady at the store said "I don't know I don't really go there" I was like :/

DizneyRox
08-30-2010, 07:56 PM
This goes way back, but I don't think much has changed. TDS CMs were always thought of as red headed step children.

No main gate passes, starts @ 20% off food/merchandise after like 3 years it went to 35% off merchandise stayed at 20% food. Free one day park hopper tickets (I think one per family member) twice a year. 15% off DVC and they were able to take advantage of other corporate discounts as well like matresses, etc. Every so often you could get on a cruise for next to nothing, but it was so last minute (weeks notice) that I don't think many CMs took advantage of it.

No vacations between I think Halloween and XMas, and you had to sell your soul to the Devil, working ungodly hours for minimum wage.

Managers and up got main gate passes, nothing special for leads/asst managers.

honeebee86
08-30-2010, 09:41 PM
I haven't worked for TDS since Disney took control again and closed our store back in 2008. I know when Hoop Retail owned us, regular CM's didn't get a thing except our discount which was the 20% off merchandise and then 35% after 3 years. Assistant and store managers got main gate passes. When Disney took over again, we hit right at the half year mark before our store actually closed. Because of this, all CM's received 2 1-day park hopper passes. So as far as I know, regular CM's still get their discount and 2 passes every 6 months.

Ian
08-31-2010, 01:01 PM
I worked briefly at TDS before the move to Children's Place and the perks were somewhat mixed. You did get 40% of rack rate at hotel rooms and you got some number of free passes, plus food and merch discounts, but it wasn't like you got a maingate pass or anything.

I think managers and up do get them, though.