PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars Weekend

sydneymouse
08-30-2010, 10:32 AM
Does anyone know the dates for Star Wars Weekends 2011?

faline
08-30-2010, 10:41 AM
Dates are usually released in January. Here aer the 2010 dates (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/park/starwars.asp).

RBrooksC
08-30-2010, 10:27 PM
The last I read, the current reopen date for Star Tours is May 17, 2011. Which, if Disney were to do it right, would make that the "soft" opening and the "hard" opening would be on that Friday and would kick off Star Wars Weekends 2011.

And my family is betting on that since we have booked our trip to start that Tuesday and end the Wednesday of the following week.

BrerGnat
08-31-2010, 12:49 PM
The last I read, the current reopen date for Star Tours is May 17, 2011. Which, if Disney were to do it right, would make that the "soft" opening and the "hard" opening would be on that Friday and would kick off Star Wars Weekends 2011.

And my family is betting on that since we have booked our trip to start that Tuesday and end the Wednesday of the following week.

I had the same line of thought. The reopening of Star Tours is a BIG deal and would have to tie into SWW somehow.

BUT, I wonder if they might, for that reason, push the SWW to later in May, or even June, *just in case* there are problems or delays that prevent the ride to open on schedule. It happens.

RBrooksC
09-01-2010, 12:24 PM
BUT, I wonder if they might, for that reason, push the SWW to later in May, or even June, *just in case* there are problems or delays that prevent the ride to open on schedule. It happens.

I had thought about that possibility also. But I didn't not want to push our Disney vacation into the month of June. So, we went by past Star Wars Weekends and figured this would be a fair bet.

If it doesn't happen, it doesn't happen. Star Wars Weekends is a plusfor the trip but not a "be all, end all."