PDA

View Full Version : Where would you eat?

disneymomma2010
08-30-2010, 09:36 AM
We are a group of nine (5 adults, 4 kids) going to disney in October. And celebrating my twin boys birthday that week. We are gonna be in epcot on our last day of the trip. I have to choose between coral reef, the captains grill, or Maya Grill for dinner. Since im choosing for everyone, which would be the best place to eat for our last night there?

October 2010- CBR
Sept 2009- Pop century
2007- off site
2003-ASM
1997- POFQ

sassy2000
08-30-2010, 09:53 AM
I have only been to Coral Reef but that would be my pick. The kids can watch the fish in the aquarium while eating. The food is pretty good too.

MississippiDisneyFreak
08-30-2010, 10:00 AM
Coral Reef

btharvey
08-30-2010, 12:45 PM
Not the Coral Reef ... we've had all types of service and food ranging from bad to good ... it's unpredictable at best, and depending on what you order, can be mediocre. And loud.

Try one of the others is my opinion.

lighteningqueen
08-30-2010, 12:47 PM
I have been to Captains Grille for breakfast, very good but it is very quiet and relaxed feeling in there. Not so sure that kids would enjoy it. But I would think Coral reef would be a good one to try since it does have the fish for entertainment for the kids. Maya have not been to it yet even though we thought we would try this time.

disneymomma2010
08-30-2010, 05:27 PM
i dont hear much about Maya Grill. Is it that no one likes it or that not many have tried it?

I have read mixed reviews on the coral reef.

And i think captain's grill would probably be good but i was worried about it being boring like posted.

W24toISMdirect
08-30-2010, 05:30 PM
I thought Coral Reef was just ok myself, but your kids would probably have a blast just by the nature of the place, so I'd go with that.

tinksmom02
08-30-2010, 06:26 PM
I would say Coral Reef, since you'll be in Epcot, or the Captain's Grill because it's close. We've had good and not-so-good experiences at the Coral Reef, but like others have said, the kids will like it for sure.

We've never been to the Maya Grill, and haven't heard too much about it.

disneymom2000
08-30-2010, 09:37 PM
Definitely NOT Coral Reef. It is so expensive for what you get. My choice would be the Maya Grill if you want really good food. And it gives you a chance to look over another resort for good measure.

The kids can always go to the Living Seas and look at all the aquariums there instead of paying a lot for food that isn't worth it.:grouphug:

disneymomma2010
08-31-2010, 08:55 AM
[QUOTE=disneymom2000;2094285]Definitely NOT Coral Reef. It is so expensive for what you get. My choice would be the Maya Grill if you want really good food. And it gives you a chance to look over another resort for good measure.

i definatley want good food. And i really would like to see another resort, as long as the food is worth the traveling, otherwise i would just rather stay at epcot.