PDA

View Full Version : Birthdays + Family = Magic! Day 6

Suz36
08-29-2010, 10:14 PM
We would have to say good-bye to DB and family today, but before then there was more fun to be had at DHS! We had breakfast at the POFQ food court, then we were on our way to Tinseltown! We were there before opening, and this was our first time experiencing the TSM rush - all I can say is...WOW! Let me just tell you, we all held on to our kids REALLY tight! We grabbed FPs, then hopped in line and were on the ride within 15 minutes. We did a little kid swap - I got to ride with DNi, and DSIL rode with DS. Fun was had by all! Next, my parents and DSIL were nice enough to take the kids to the Animation playground while DH, DB and I rode ToT. This was our first time ever! The queue was so cool, and I was really getting excited/nervous as we went through. We waited the posted 20 minutes, and then it was our turn. What fun! I absolutely could not stop laughing the entire ride, and continued to laugh for at least 15 minutes afterwards! I've renamed it the Tower of Giggles! Loved it!!! We met back up with everyone, and then got to meet Lotso! He was so soft, and I'm glad the kids got to meet him before seeing the movie - they may not have wanted to afterwards! DNi wanted to see Mickey again, so she and I got in line to meet the Main Man. He did a really cute pose with her - lots of fun. TSM FPs were open, so back we went for another spin, then as we came out, the HSM3 show was starting so we stopped to dance along. I must admit, I do love the music from those movies! :blush: We did a little shopping, then made our way to the Sci-Fi Dine-In Theater for our lunch ADRs. I'd picked this one for my parents, and they seemed to enjoy it. I don't remember what everyone got for their entrees, but I do remember a few of us got the yummy milkshakes! Then it was time to say good-bye to DB and family. They were heading to Smyrna Beach for a few days of relaxation (I'd really worn them out by now!) It was hard to say goodbye - we'd really had a great time with them! We did a little more shopping, especially for Vinylmations (which DS was getting into) and pins, and just wandered around a bit, taking pictures and enjoying the atmosphere. Around 2:30 we made our way out and back to POFQ. We dropped our purchases off at our room, then went to the food court for some beignets! I had gotten some one night for DH and I after the kids had gone to bed, and we then got caught the next morning when the kids found the styrofoam container in the trash, so we had promised them we'd get more. Yummy, yummy! My dad needed a break, so we left him to rest, and the four of us plus DM caught a bus to Blizzard Beach to play some miniature golf at Winter Summerland. We played the winter course, and had lots of fun. We had quite a wait to catch a bus back to POFQ, but when we finally got there, we woke DF up and headed to the food court for dinner. We then caught the boat to DtD (another long wait!) for some shopping!! I really enjoyed the boat ride - quite relaxing and I got to see parts of Disney property I'd never seen before - the Treehouses look so neat!!! Believe it or not, DH is the one who enjoys the shopping the most, so we let him lead the way (for a change :blush:.) We started at the pin store, and spent WAY too much money. But we all enjoy the pins so much. I put them in albums, and we look at them all the time! We also checked out the sports store, Tren-D, and the Lego store. We peeked into T-Rex and decided it might be something we'd like to try on a future trip. We made our way through Pleasure Island (pretty sad, really) and the West Side, browsing through the Little MisMatched and Vinylmation stores, then headed back and finished up with the WoD. I'm pretty sure we took a bus back to POFQ (memory is fading) to rest up for another day!

Mousefever
08-30-2010, 04:27 AM
The Tower of Giggles (hee, hee!) I'm glad you liked it! It's one of our favorites. We've never stayed at Port Orleans Riverside or French Quarter, but I had always wanted to try beignets! Lo and behold, I was able to find them at the Downtown Disney at Disneyland! What a mess, but they were worth it. It's so funny that the kids found you out when they saw the styrofoam container in your trash!

Amy

RedSoxFan
08-30-2010, 08:33 AM
ToT is one of my favorite rides. I laugh too ---

faline
08-30-2010, 10:27 AM
Glad you managed to get on Tower of Terror, and more importantly, that you enjoyed it!

Busy day! You covered lots of territory - park, golfing and Downtown Disney! Whew!

Suz36
08-30-2010, 09:36 PM
I had always wanted to try beignets! Lo and behold, I was able to find them at the Downtown Disney at Disneyland! What a mess, but they were worth it.

Amy

Congrats on the find! Didn't you hear - the powdered sugar look is the latest trend!

Suz36
08-30-2010, 09:38 PM
Busy day! You covered lots of territory - park, golfing and Downtown Disney! Whew!

We always tour commando-style - couldn't imagine it any other way!

yjgirl32
08-31-2010, 08:20 AM
Great report.