PDA

View Full Version : Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party

Scrappy2
08-28-2010, 11:11 PM
My DH and I are planning a trip to Disney the first week of December. It will be our first solo trip without kids as well as our first time during the holiday's. Is this worth the money? How crowed is the park? I have read other reviews on other sites and just not sure. We use to pay for E-night and loved it!! We are really not big fans of the extra hours at night at MK now because of the crowds. We do normally travel to Disney during the summer so the parks are usually really crowded.
Just do now know what to do??

JPL
08-28-2010, 11:19 PM
First I would suggest you check out the Info Central section about MVMCP MVMCP Info Central (http://intercot.com/infocentral/holidays/christmas/mvmcp.asp). I ahve been to the Party several times and really enjoy it. The best advice I can give is to take advantage of the specila events offered at the party the Parade, Fireworks & Special shows if you are going just to ride rides then it's really not worth it but I think the entertainemnt and atmosphere is what it's all about.

Strmchsr
08-29-2010, 08:27 AM
I agree with Jeff. If you're going just for the rides, save your money. The rides are generally pretty low on crowds, but it's just not worth it. The parade and the special shows are usually pretty crowded, but they are what make the party special. So, if you really dig the fireworks, parades and shows, it's worth it. If not, skip it.

GrmGrninGost
08-29-2010, 09:43 AM
Usually the ride lines are very short because most of the people are there for the special Christmas events (parade, fireworks etc.). To me, it's the best of both worlds. I think the MVMCP and MNSSHP are the two best times to be at the MK. :mickey:

AllDisney
08-29-2010, 10:18 AM
I think it's worth trying at least once. We enjoy the special events that take place at no other time of the year:thumbsup:

Zippy 1
08-29-2010, 11:52 AM
We have been twice and loved it!! We plan to go back again next year. We love the way it just puts you in the holiday mood. The parade, shows and fireworkd are awesome. I also like that you get the chance to get some great pictures with the characters in their holiday attire. Makes for great Christmas cards!

MickeysEars
08-29-2010, 12:29 PM
We love it and this will be our third trip we are going to the Christmas party. Don't forget your free cookies and hot chocolate

Daisy'sMom
08-29-2010, 07:28 PM
It always is a special night for our entire family. Don't miss it if you want festive. :mickey:

faline
08-29-2010, 07:30 PM
When we go, we go for the parades, fireworks, shows, snow on Main Street, and other party extras. We hardly ever get on a ride during the party. If going only for rides, I'd skip it as well.

ANG
08-30-2010, 07:59 AM
This will be our first year going. But if it's anything like the MNSSHP then I'm sure it will be worth it.

CaptSmee
09-01-2010, 12:20 AM
If you enjoy the holiday's, then the Halloween & Xmas parties are lots of fun!

ANG
09-01-2010, 07:45 AM
This seems to be a common question: Is it worth it?

Well we are going to the party for our first time this year. If it's anything as cool as the MNSSHP, than I'm sure it will be worth it.

Martino
09-15-2010, 10:42 AM
When we go, we go for the parades, fireworks, shows, snow on Main Street, and other party extras. We hardly ever get on a ride during the party. If going only for rides, I'd skip it as well.

This is exactly what we do, you can ride attractions anytime, but the special shows, parades and fireworks took the whole evening for us, going from one to another. We stood at Cinderella's castle watched show, turned around watched Christmas parade, turned back around for "Holiday Wishes" it was fab, that coupled with a show at the galaxy theatre and a few cookies and hot chocolates, a bit of snow and your done!:D:thumbsup::D

luvmyboys4ever
09-15-2010, 11:17 AM
We went last year and loved it. The rides were pretty much walk on...not that we did too many. We spent a large part of the time getting autographs and pictures with the characters dressed in their hats and scarves. I don't know how the first parade was, but the second was packed...but worth it! It just had a wonderful feeling about it. If you are sentimental and get caught up in an atmosphere, mood, feeling, etc., then you will love it. I am a sentimental mushbag, and that's why we are going to the MNSSHP on Nov. 1st...we can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!