PDA

View Full Version : Cinderella's Royal Table

MickeysEars
08-27-2010, 11:08 AM
Ok, so if any of you read my rant about the Candlelight Processional yesterday you know that it was a humdinger of a day for me. So, as I was on the phone they ran over my reservations only to tell me my Castle reservation was canceled as opposed to another reservation I had tried to cancel. WHAT??!! So now, there are no more Castle Reservations for my entire trip! My daughter knows I made the reservation...she has her Cinderella dress...etc. So now what? I suffer for a CM's mistake. I was on the phone with guest services who informed me that after calling the Castle they WILL NOT book me a table, no exceptions! Now, I know it is just a meal, however I have spent over a month planning, changing, rearranging and getting my trip planned to the tee. I had to make and chart the EMH, the Christmas Party days, the Fantasmic days, the parades and fireworks that are only showing on certain days...So, now what? I have to spend everyday on the phone hoping for a cancellation? She tells me that they will not overbook the Castle because it would not be fair to another guest that may have to wait when they show up for their's. YOU HAVE TO WAIT ANYWAY. I have never walked up and been seated right away.

cer
08-27-2010, 11:14 AM
Oh no! That is terrible! :(

faline
08-27-2010, 11:22 AM
Do you have a confirmation for the dining reservation that was mistakenly canceled? If so, I would call and ask to speak to a supervisor. Explain calmly what happened and your expectation that your reservation will be reinstated.

I'd also suggest you try making your dining reservations on line. You have much more control over what you book and what you cancel.

If Disney holds firm on its current position, I'd suggest you begin looking on-line several times per day hoping for a cancellation. For a December trip last year, I was able to get the reservation I wanted and, which had eluded us, two days prior to departure so there is always hope.

Also, if you can't get a reservation at the Castle, you can also try for the princess meal in Norway at Epcot.

Mary Poppins fan
08-27-2010, 11:39 AM
I know it's not the castle, but my DDs(9) love the dinner at 1900 Park Fare in the Grand Floridian with Cinderella and Prince Charming. They get a big kick out of the step-mother and step-sisters too! We've done both meals and prefer the GF. :cloud9:

MickeysEars
08-27-2010, 11:53 AM
Thanks you guys. I was just off the phone again, and they will not do anything for me. I am in total disbelief that they are not doing EVERYTHING in their power to correct THEIR mistake!! I have my reservation number, I have the day and time I called, nope, I all got was a "Sorry, there is nothing we can do." Oh wait, we are a party of 5 and they tried to put only 2 of us in. It is my 10th anniversary, why would I not want my entire family with me?? I am NOT feeling the Disney Magic today!

W24toISMdirect
08-27-2010, 12:23 PM
Also, since is THEIR mistake, and they know this is THEIR mistake, I would also suggest that they make me a reservation for the character dining expirience at 1900 Park Faire... at THEIR expence.

CRT reservation are a exlusive enough thing, and big enough deal, that this should be the LEAST they would for messing up yours.

deedeenmickey
08-27-2010, 12:38 PM
I am in shock over this post! I cannot believe that they would not make this right! I will not cancel any reservations in the future in fear that they will cancel the wrong one after reading this! Disney used to have phone reps that seemed interested in your plans and made suggestions and such but in the last 2 or 3 years it seems the ones I have spoken to are uninterested and a little close to rude but maybe not quite.

BluewaterBrad
08-27-2010, 02:29 PM
That is terrible! Just try not to let it ruin your fun and other expectations for a great trip!!:mickey:

Stu29573
08-27-2010, 03:17 PM
I would suggest you keep asking for supervisors right up the line. Somebody should be able to help you eventually. This tactic has helped me many times with other companies that told me there was nothing that could be done...There is always somebody that can do something...

MickeysEars
08-27-2010, 03:58 PM
I am in shock over this post! I cannot believe that they would not make this right! I will not cancel any reservations in the future in fear that they will cancel the wrong one after reading this! Disney used to have phone reps that seemed interested in your plans and made suggestions and such but in the last 2 or 3 years it seems the ones I have spoken to are uninterested and a little close to rude but maybe not quite.

I would suggest you keep asking for supervisors right up the line. Somebody should be able to help you eventually. This tactic has helped me many times with other companies that told me there was nothing that could be done...There is always somebody that can do something...

Deedee-I was actually quite shocked to say the least. I come from a Customer service backround and I believe that ANYTHING and EVERYTHING should be done to please a customer, especially when it is the company who is at fault. I think one of the things that bothered me the the most was the attitude of both the women I spoke with. It was not a "Mrs. Feely, we are so very sorry for this, let us try everything in our power to rectify it..." it was "I am sorry there is absolutly nothing we can do..." and make no mistake "ABSOLUTLY NOTHING" came out of her mouth.

Stu-She called and e-mailed CRT and it was them her told her they WILL NOT overbook the resturant. My feeling is, put me in and let me be the one who waits...at least make the effort.

faline
08-27-2010, 05:23 PM
I'd also suggest contacting Disney here:

[email protected]

Explain to them exactly what happened. Include your confirmation information and how it came to be canceled as well as the discussions you've had since that point. Tell them that a resolution for you would be get your reservation reinstated or reinstated as close to your original reservation as possible.

Good luck!

BowTie7
08-27-2010, 06:34 PM
Clearly Disney needs to have a better policy to deal with reservations for a few of their most popular spots (especially CRT). They seem to deal with them as if they are just another resturant reservation when in these cases they are much, much, much more. Maybe its as simple as programing the reservation computer to prompt the person at the call center to repeat and double confirm all the details of any reservation or cancellation; it may require recording the phone call (like stock brokers do) to be able to follow up on problems.

MickeysEars
08-27-2010, 08:09 PM
you guys are the best, that is why I love this site! Here is my update..

I got a call back from the second cm I spoke to. Apparently she went back and listened to the phone call that I had supposedly cancelled my reservation, (I am sure to see if "I" had done it and was trying to undo what "I" had did...sorry, still a little bitter:blush:) anyway, she realized it really was the cm's mistake and poof, I all of a sudden had a table. So why put me through this??? If she could have done it at 5pm she could have done it at 10 am...She said, "I wanted to get back to you before you started rearranging your schedule." I told her I already had so she had to go and cancel and rebook others to put me back to my original game-plan. Again, I know it is just one meal of a big trip and it should have not of mattered this much but it really wasn't...it was one domino that would have caused a big chain reaction of having to replan 14 days that took me over a month to plan and lock in. (DEEP SIGH) Thanks again for all the support!:)

UCJen
08-27-2010, 08:18 PM
Wow, what a relief. I'm glad they were able to sort that out for you. That must have been frustrating!

mama2haven
08-27-2010, 10:50 PM
i am happy to hear that in the end you got your ressie back. i hope you have a great time!

Mary Poppins fan
08-28-2010, 07:18 AM
Glad to hear that it all worked out in the end! Here's to a return of "Disney magic!" :cloud9:

MickeysEars
08-28-2010, 11:43 AM
Thanks everyone

AntMagsMom
08-28-2010, 09:10 PM
So glad you got it straightened out!!!

cer
08-28-2010, 11:43 PM
Yay! I am so glad this all got worked out! So happy that they fixed THEIR mistake and helped you out! Things like this can really cause a cloud over the whole trip. Have a Magical Trip and Happy Anniversary! :mickey:

TheVBs
08-29-2010, 08:09 AM
Wow!! So sorry you went through all that, but so glad things eventually worked out. I'm with you, why didn't she just listen to the call immediately? :confused: Then you could have had this straightened out right away instead of going through all this. Did she only listen to your call because you were persistant? Not cool.

tinksmom02
08-29-2010, 09:59 AM
So sorry you had to go through all that, I know how aggravated you were when trying to book the CP package the other day. It seems like there was ONE CM willing to go the extra mile for you (after officially determining that it wasn't your fault, of course ;) )

Glad everything's back on track!

deedeenmickey
08-29-2010, 12:34 PM
WOW! I am sooooo happy to hear this! I know like you said it was one meal in a big trip but it was an important meal and you had done everything right and it would be so unfair to have to miss it over a CM mistake! My faith is somewhat retsored! I love Disney as a company and I thought this was bad customer service for any company but totally unacceptable for Disney!:mickey: Have a GREAT trip!

magicofdisney
08-29-2010, 01:44 PM
This is fabulous to read. I've been following this thread and am glad to read a followup with a happy ending. :thumbsup: :mickey: