PDA

View Full Version : Disney Trip Cancelled

afowl1017
08-27-2010, 10:59 AM
We were 2 weeks from going to WDW and last night we had to make a tough but grown-up decision to let go of the magic :(. Due to life's unforeseen situations sometimes things don't work out. BUT! We aren't giving up hope that we can make it back to WDW in the near future! By the way our kids where so understanding and so positive "We will just go later." So we have pushed pause on the Magical countdown...to start it back up at a later date. I LOVE YOU KIDS!

Thought I would share with a group of people who would understand the most. Thanks for letting me post and vent!

Joannelet
08-27-2010, 11:06 AM
I am so sad that you had to cancel your vaca being it was so close but what wonderful children you have!!! Sometimes life doesn't go as planned and you are right with the outlook that you WILL go again soon...just it's not in the books for right now.
Here's hoping that some Disney magic will happen for you again soon!!!!
Sending you some pixie dust!!!
:pixie:

PopPhan
08-27-2010, 11:06 AM
Sorry to hear that. Hope things work out and you can reschedule real soon!!!

cer
08-27-2010, 11:10 AM
Wow. I really admire you. That is a hard decision. Sometimes it is soooo hard to be the 'grown-up'. I know you must be proud of your kids for being so understanding.

Blessings! :mickey:

Disney4us2
08-27-2010, 11:25 AM
Sorry that you need to postpone your trip. Hope you can reschedule it soon. Your kids sound so grown up and understanding, Wish you all the best.:pixie::pixie::pixie:

faline
08-27-2010, 11:33 AM
What a disappointment! I hope you'll able to rebook in the not too distant future!

BrerGnat
08-27-2010, 12:24 PM
You WILL get back there, don't worry! And, when you do, it will probably be better than it is now (what with all the refurbishments in MK happening). :mickey:

You have great kids. Good job mom and dad! :thumbsup:

EpcotChic23
08-27-2010, 03:00 PM
I am so sorry to hear you had to cancel your trip, but you sound like you have some amazing children.

BluewaterBrad
08-27-2010, 04:44 PM
I am so sorry to hear you had to cancel your trip, but you sound like you have some amazing children.

My words also!!:thumbsup::mickey:

angua85
08-27-2010, 05:43 PM

I agree- give those kids an extra hug!
Let me add my voice- I am so sorry it didnt work out :(

Angua85

PAYROLL PRINCESS
08-27-2010, 08:32 PM
I'm so sorry you had to cancel your trip. But at least now you have the planning to look froward to again. That's part of the fun.

afowl1017
08-28-2010, 06:03 AM
I want to thank each and everyone of you so much for the sweet, kind and encouraging words! Most of all thank you for what you have said about the kids :D! I am very blessed to have them in my life but then you add to that, them being so understanding and acting so big... it makes me proud too.

The kids loved your messages and all the pixie dust. You are right Payroll Princess...just as GI JOE says "Knowing is half the battle" every intercotee knows "Planning is half the fun!" :thumbsup: And I can't wait to start planning again! :D :mickey

AllDisney
08-28-2010, 02:11 PM
Kids are amazing & sometimes we don't give them credit for, at times, being more understanding then we think them possible of being.

Sounds like ALL of you deserve a family hug and start planning for the future trip to WDW:number1: