PDA

View Full Version : Three's A Crowd?

iheartdisney
08-26-2010, 05:44 PM
I will be taking my boys (ages 6 and 7) by myself this fall. I'm very excited about our trip but when thinking about the logistics of being a single parent at WDW I started wondering....

How many attractions might we not be able to sit together? And by "together" I mean in the same row.

I'd be ok on rides like Barnstormer or Thunder Mountain Railroad (I think) but Splash Mountain? I think I'd want to be with them. Or Tomorrowland Speedway?

Can anyone help me with this? Do you foresee any issues? What attractions might I want to avoid altogether?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Melanie
08-26-2010, 06:14 PM
I'd be ok on rides like Barnstormer or Thunder Mountain Railroad (I think) but Splash Mountain? I think I'd want to be with them. Or Tomorrowland Speedway?

Can anyone help me with this? Do you foresee any issues? What attractions might I want to avoid altogether?

I was shocked earlier this month when a CM at Splash Mt wanted to put 3 of us (2 adults and a 10 yo) together in one row. He claimed he can get 3 adults in a row. :confused: We politely refused, not wanting to be smashed like sardines, but I think in your case, an adult and 2 children would be fine. Big Thunder you could probably do one row as well.

The Speedway I wouldn't hestitate to let mine ride alone at that age (when they met the height requirement), but I guess that depends on the child. You'd have to be able to trust them to ride correctly.

Are you not considering Space Mt? You'd have to sit separately, as it's only one per rocket.

I can't think of anything else you'd have an issue on. Are you going to any other parks besides MK?

iheartdisney
08-26-2010, 06:28 PM
Are you not considering Space Mt? You'd have to sit separately, as it's only one per rocket.

I can't think of anything else you'd have an issue on. Are you going to any other parks besides MK?

I'm not considering Space Mt because my boys still think they're not tall enough for that yet (I've convinced them of this because my youngest (while he wants to ride splash mt., is not a big in-the-dark-coaster fan. So yes, RRC is out, too)

But yes, we ARE going to all four parks at Disney. So any advice on ALL four parks would be sooooo appreciated! Thanks!

Soccermom12
08-26-2010, 06:48 PM
I know I've sat with two of my children on Tommorrowland Speedway (they were 8 and 6). I controlled the gas and break and one of them was able to steer. When we came to the end of the ride the CM let us stay on and switch so the other child could steer.

Buzz Lightyear - all three would fit in a car, although only two of you can "shoot", one could
control the car spinning.

Toy Story Mania you could be in the same car but I'm not sure you could fit in the same row. If I remember correctly there are four people per car - two face forward and two face backward so you would not be able to see them....but you would get in and out of the car at the same time.

Gator
08-26-2010, 07:03 PM
3 is better than 5. Disney is definitely NOT built for families of 5.

BrerGnat
08-26-2010, 07:38 PM
When you can't sit together, put the boys together and ride behind them. I do this at Disneyland with my 4 and 6 year old boys.

Luckily, one of your kids is seven, which is the age that Disney allows kids to ride "alone".

Don't worry too much about it. It will work out fine.

BellesRose
08-26-2010, 08:58 PM
I went to Disney for Night Of Joy with my best friend and my brother and the CM offered to let the 3 of us ride in the same row on Splash Mountain. You and your boys should be fine on that ride. Same with the Speedway. The Haunted Mansion sits 3. I think Big Thunder Mountain Railroad would be fine if they are tall enough.

iheartdisney
08-30-2010, 08:33 PM
Seriously? We'll be able to ride Speedway with the three of us at once?

Does anyone see any issues at any of the other parks? TSMania - I'm ok with them on one side, me on the other. Is there anything in AK or EPCOT that I may be forgetting?

Thanks for all your help! You all are the best!

whitney37354
08-31-2010, 03:05 PM
EPCOT- the Clam Mobiles with Nemo. I rode in a separate car than DD & DH, but I was next to them and could see them at all times, no problem

FiggyFan
08-31-2010, 09:30 PM
My DW, DS17, and I did a clam mobile together. We felt a bit like sardines, but I think that fits for Nemo. :mickey:

One adult and two young children should be fine.

BrerGnat
08-31-2010, 10:26 PM
My DW, DS17, and I did a clam mobile together. We felt a bit like sardines, but I think that fits for Nemo. :mickey:

One adult and two young children should be fine.

My MIL, myself, and my 4 year old fit in a clam mobile. DH, his (large) brother, and our 6 year old fit in another.

Three is not a problem on the clam mobiles OR the Haunted Mansion, for that matter. They are about the same size.

crltkcagle
09-02-2010, 07:25 PM
COULDN'T AGREE MORE!!!

3 is better than 5. Disney is definitely NOT built for families of 5.

MK- Barnstormer you will have to split up as it only seats one sometimes two adults depending on size.

It really depends on the size of your kids for Peter Pan and Haunted Mansion. Sometimes three fit comfortably sometimes not.
Magic Carpets and Dumbo you will be in the same elephant or rug but not sitting all together in a row.
BTMRR- You will have to split up but will still be on the same train.
Buzz Ranger Spin- It only sits two so you will have to split up for that one too.

Epcot-
Spaceship Earth sits two in a row but four to a car so you should be ok there.

HS
TSM- you will sit two in a row and the other one will sit on the back of the others so you wont see eachother.

Thats all I can think of right now.

garthbarth1
09-04-2010, 11:40 PM
Peter Pan-i think you can squeeze three in a car?

scootch713
09-05-2010, 11:01 AM
I have been taking my girls by myself since they were 2 1/2 and 5! Really, it isn't that hard. Many rides you can put three in, then the ones I can't, I put the oldest in front of me, I sit with the youngest and put my hand on my oldest shoulder to reassure her I am there. '

We have rode 3 on splash mountain. On the speedway we rode three and they let us switch drivers on the second ride without getting out of the car! They put some banner over our car to alert everyone. We rode 3 on Peter Pan also. They are 8 and 10 now and I still taken them alone to WDW and LOVE it. I love dh dearly but he is not an amusement park person and I am so flexible. We even rode It's a small world 5 times straight without getting off one year when they were young, haha... they were having fun and the guy didnt' make us get off(it was almost midnight during a mickey's christmas party).

Have fun.