PDA

View Full Version : "Have A Magical Day!"

BellesRose
08-26-2010, 04:52 PM
I'm not sure if this is even the right place to start this thread, but I was just wondering if Disney still tells you to have a magical day? I would always look forward to hearing it when making reservations, but as I was planning my upcoming trip, it wasn't said once. I spoke to 3 different CM's and never heard it...in fact, I almost told them to have a magical day by mistake! They were all polite and helpful, so I'm not complaining, I was just wondering why they stopped saying it.

EeyoresBestFriend
08-26-2010, 05:58 PM
I just finished booking some little details for our fall trip and was wished by all, except one, a magical day/evening!

It still happens. When we were down on our last trip at FQ, the 'guard' at the parking lot gatehouse was my bane. The older gentlemen always welcomed us home, which I loved!! But there was a cranky lady guard that would scowl at my parking pass and then say 'go ahead'.
She was there about half the time and was a muggle the entire time. Piffle!! :(

I wish people a magical day occasionally, in my day to day life, and always get a giggle when they look weird at me. And yes, I have had several that laugh and say "pixie dust back at cha!" :D Disney addicts are soo cool!! :cool:

BellesRose
08-26-2010, 06:29 PM
That just totally made my day! :thumbsup:
Seriously, that was better than hearing "have a magical day!"
I just wondered if they stopped saying it for whatever reason, but I guess I just called at bad times. No worries! 13 days left :mickey:

awaggett
08-26-2010, 07:18 PM
When we were down two years ago around the holidays a group of us had at dinner at V&A. We were joking about how everyone says "Have a Magical Day" and how it could be a fun drinking game. One of the servers overheard us, and several of them came by throughout the evening and told us to have a magical day! It was hilarious! Now I occasionally get VM or texts from those friends telling me to have a magical day!

brownie
08-26-2010, 10:20 PM
It really makes no difference to me if they tell me to have a magical day or not. Besides, are they talking about good magical or bad magical? ;)

Bellerella
08-26-2010, 10:38 PM
We just got back from our trip a little over a week ago, we were were told to have a magical day many times! When we called to confirm our reservations, when we checked in at the Poly, by the mousekeeping, and many more!! :mickey:

grumpyguy
08-27-2010, 09:17 AM
I always try to beat them to the punch by wishing the CM'S "a magical day" first.It seems like it makes them happy too.:D

NewDVCowner
08-27-2010, 11:49 AM
I was just down in Disneyland and needed to deal with lost and found (and they FOUND my cell phone the day I left and mailed it back to me free of charge, by the way - totally made my week!) I was wished a magical day every time I talked to them. It made me smile. :mickey:

PAYROLL PRINCESS
08-27-2010, 08:37 PM
When we were down on our last trip at FQ, the 'guard' at the parking lot gatehouse was my bane. The older gentlemen always welcomed us home, which I loved!! But there was a cranky lady guard that would scowl at my parking pass and then say 'go ahead'.

She's still there! We just had her last week and she's still the same.

We had lots of Magical greetings too.