PDA

View Full Version : How do you keep track of what pennies you have pressed

Lizzie
08-26-2010, 03:21 PM
When you go on each trip do you bring your previous trips pennies so you remember what you have. Or do you not care and just press whatever you want each trip.

Soccermom12
08-26-2010, 04:17 PM
My kids love to press pennies. They store their pennies in a Pressed Penny Passport (they got at Legoland). When we goto Disney they bring their "passports" so they can remember which ones they already have.

afowl1017
08-26-2010, 04:21 PM
I believe that there are penny passports for sell at WDW too....we bought one years ago (but I think it is time for a new one, some of the sleeves have ripped :( )

darthmacho
08-26-2010, 07:26 PM
I didn't have too many pressed pennies from previous trips, and only became obsessed with them in 2006 when we started going on yearly family vacations. This trip, however, I simply carried the whole collection I built up over the ten days in my pocket -lol. I think I got about 20 or so, because I didn't always have the correct change when we saw them. I got a pretty good selection from the four parks. I was not happy there wasn't a POR specific coin however! :mad:

TheVBs
08-26-2010, 08:21 PM
We only go every other year, and we usually only get a handful each trip. We've never even come close to getting them all, although that would be so fun! So, by the time we get back there we look for places we haven't gotten them before and often the places where we have gotten them have changed up the styles. I just have a general idea of what we have and run with that. I'm not too bothered if we end up with a duplicate though.

Altair
08-26-2010, 08:31 PM
Just do a search for Presscoins and you can find a nice checklist.:thumbsup:

Donald's Girl
08-26-2010, 10:29 PM
I keep an index card with me and have the coins listed by location (Resorts, then all the parks). It's easy to refer to without carrying around the book of coins.

Pop Centurion
08-26-2010, 11:14 PM
Just do a search for Presscoins and you can find a nice checklist.:thumbsup:Thanks for sharing. That site is great. I think I'll print out a listing to keep in my back pack and also load the file in my cell phone for quick reference since it supports PDF files.

BigRedDad
08-28-2010, 07:06 PM
AS the pp said, Presscoins is the best source. They update often. I use their file every time I go. I am getting my list ready for the next trip already.

xrayqueen
08-29-2010, 02:02 PM
How much does it cost to do the pressed coins? Thanks

Altair
08-29-2010, 05:02 PM
How much does it cost to do the pressed coins? Thanks

Fifty cents plus the penny.

One dollar plus the quarter. There is one machine at Mouse Gear that is only Seventy-five cents.

There is a new dime machine at Tomorrow Land Light and Power, but I don't know the cost.:mickey: