PDA

View Full Version : Anniversary at the world

merrymouse
08-26-2010, 12:23 PM
Hi, we are heading down in November and cannot wait. While we are there we will be celebrating our 18th wedding anniversary. We will be with our kids so we aren't planning a fancy dinner or anything but should I mention this when making dining ressies? There is a section that asks if you are celebrating anything but I never filled it out. What do they do for celebrations? Has anyone done this?

faline
08-26-2010, 12:42 PM
We just came back from celebrating our anniversary at Disney World. By all means, note your celebration on your reservation - in fact, note it on your room reservations and all your dining reservations.

We were provided with Anniversary Pins which we wore. The following happened:
* A signed picture from Mickey Mouse was pushed under the door to our room one evenig.
* We were provided with a glass of champagne at The Brown Derby and at Narcoosee's.
* We were wished a Happy Anniversary at a number of locations.
* Kona Cafe gave us a small dessert and we declined a similar offer at the Wave.
* Our table was decorated with Mickey confetti at Liberty Tree Tavern.
* Cittrico's and Narcoosee's provided us with personalized menus as a keepsake.

That's what I can remember!

Disney4us2
08-26-2010, 12:43 PM
I would fill it out that you are celebrating an annerversary. I don't know what the do though.

We will be going in Dec for DD's birthday. I filled out that we are celebrating a :party:birthday.

Happy Annerversary:mickey:

jans2kids
08-26-2010, 12:57 PM
We just returned from celebrating our 25th anniversary at Disney World. We noted this on our reservation and were given the anniversary buttons upo n check in. If you don't get one ask or go to the guest realtions at the first park you visit and ask for one and wear it everyday.

The first day ther when we returned to our room a signed picture from Mickey & Minnie was on our table.
We were wished a Happy Anniversary at least 20 times a day by cast memebrs and other visitors.
We were on the dining plan so we were never offered complimentary deserts since they were included but our table at the Crystal Palace was decorated with Mickey confetti and we got a signed card from Pooh, Piglet, Tigger and Eeyore, and our deserts at the Coral Reef had a small chocolate banner on them that said happy anniversary.
At the Hoop De Doo they had us stand up an announce that we were ther celebrating our 25th.
One night on the bus back to the hotel the driver stopped and told everyone to congratulate the couple in the back celebrating their anniversary.
At the American Adventure the cast memebr at the door saw our buttons, ask us our names and where we were from and then said we had a phone call and to go over and dial 2234. It was Mickey Mouse sending us his best wishes, then the cast member wrote out a persoanlized card to us with our name and what we were celebrating.
On the Gran Fiesta tour in Mexico the cast member gave us a boat all to ourselves to have a romantic ride.
The photo pass photographers loved to take pictures of us kissing and holding hands.

There were many more so plese let them know, it adds to the magic and makes you feel special.

merrymouse
08-29-2010, 03:42 PM
Okie dokie, I let them know. Now to figure out how to add that information now that I already made my ADR's:confused:

DisneyaHolic
08-29-2010, 04:01 PM
My husband and I had our honeymoon in The World, and then have celebrated several anniversaries there since. I always not it on our anniversary, but don't be disappointed if nothing happens. USUALLY we have had some nice surprises, but when it is anticipated, it loses some of the specialness! :thumbsup:

Can you plan one night out? Take the kids to a child care center? They would have a blast, and you could have one special night out....

hubbyofadisneyholic
08-29-2010, 04:17 PM
We just came back from celebrating our anniversary at Disney World. By all means, note your celebration on your reservation - in fact, note it on your room reservations and all your dining reservations.

We were provided with Anniversary Pins which we wore. The following happened:
* A signed picture from Mickey Mouse was pushed under the door to our room one evenig.
* We were provided with a glass of champagne at The Brown Derby and at Narcoosee's.
* We were wished a Happy Anniversary at a number of locations.
* Kona Cafe gave us a small dessert and we declined a similar offer at the Wave.
* Our table was decorated with Mickey confetti at Liberty Tree Tavern.
* Cittrico's and Narcoosee's provided us with personalized menus as a keepsake.

Wow...do I feel like the unwanted stepchild.
My wife and I were there in May for our 35th Anniversary. We got buttons when we checked in.
Period.

(not related to the Disneyaholic posting earlier in this thread)

minnie-mouse
08-29-2010, 05:53 PM
Definitely tell them ahead of time. We did that for our 10th anniversary.We got free desserts, better tables, seated ahead of other people, and even had some tables decorated for us. It was very memorable!

faline
08-29-2010, 05:54 PM
Okie dokie, I let them know. Now to figure out how to add that information now that I already made my ADR's:confused:

If you go online and call up your reservations, I believe you can still add a celebration.

If not, call and have your celebration added to your existing reservation.

faline
08-29-2010, 05:55 PM
Wow...do I feel like the unwanted stepchild.
My wife and I were there in May for our 35th Anniversary. We got buttons when we checked in.
Period.

I'm sorry to hear that!

hubbyofadisneyholic
08-29-2010, 07:50 PM
Definitely tell them ahead of time. We did that for our 10th anniversary.We got free desserts, better tables, seated ahead of other people, and even had some tables decorated for us. It was very memorable!

It was mentioned on our reservation. That was how the front desk knew to give us the Anniversary buttons.

Now I'm really bummed...:envy:

faline
08-30-2010, 08:48 AM
It was mentioned on our reservation. That was how the front desk knew to give us the Anniversary buttons.

Now I'm really bummed...:envy:

Did you also have it noted on each of your dining reservations?

yjgirl32
08-30-2010, 09:02 AM
We got all sorts of things- it was great- the morning of our anniversary we made special shirts and the bus driver sang to us and gave us a signed picture of himself- it was so cute. I would love to spend every anniversary down there- so magical.

merrymouse
08-31-2010, 10:10 AM
I just added it to almost all of my ADR's. I feel kind of silly doing it but its disney and we're supposed to feel silly and act like children again, right?:blush::blush:

faline
08-31-2010, 10:27 AM
I just added it to almost all of my ADR's. I feel kind of silly doing it but its disney and we're supposed to feel silly and act like children again, right?:blush::blush:

Don't feel silly! They asked. You told! It all adds to the fun!

SBETigg
08-31-2010, 11:06 AM
We just got back from celebrating our 20th at WDW and our experience was like Faline's. Some places did nice little extra things, some did not. We got the buttons at check in, the signed Mickey card, and a few extra special decorated plates for dessert, or special dessert extras, and personalized menus at Narcoossees.

Nascfan
08-31-2010, 01:54 PM
We celebrated our 20th at WDW a couple years ago. Many of the same things happened for us that were mentioned above, including the picture, the phone call at American Adventure (that was a really cool surprise), and some others. We also were given a free dessert by a CM at a counter service meal at Studios, which also was totally unexpected and appreciated. I think what I enjoyed the most though, was just all the "Happy Anniversary" wishes from all the cast members. It was almost like we couldn't walk by anybody some days without them giving us their best wishes. That truly made the trip extra special, and didn't cost anything. The cast members are wonderful! :mickey:

mickeefan
08-31-2010, 02:42 PM
On December, 2008, we celebrated our 50th anniversary at WDW. We had reservations at the Grand Floridian, garden view.
When we arrived the guard announced we were there. At the check in point there was a young lady waiting to meet us. She loaded us into a cart and took us to the Sugarloaf building where we found out we had been upgraded to club level.
The first evening when we returned there was a happy anniversary card from Mickey with a rose and a bucket with champagne and two glasses.
Our bathroom countertop had a large orchard as part of a towel display.
The GF Cafe gave us a cake with a candle on it, as did several other places.
The anniversary button received many many happy anniversary shout outs.
By all means let them know you are celebrating an occasion.