PDA

View Full Version : RIP "Now approaching Space Mountain"

FollowTheBouncingFigment
08-25-2010, 07:58 PM
I've just returned from Walt Disney World on 8/19/2010 and i had noticed this my previous trip for the ESPN weekend 2010, that the voice on the PeopleMover has changed. It made me sad not hearing "Now approaching Space Mountain" because i had enjoyed hearing that over the years in the origional voice. Please give me your thoughts on this.

faline
08-25-2010, 08:18 PM
Yes, indeed. This is the new spiel. I, too, prefer the old one including Mr. Tom Morrow but, alas, things change. Sometimes the changes are better; sometimes not.

mickclub1955
08-25-2010, 09:11 PM
I was there in July and they had Tom Morrow in the spiel.

faline
08-25-2010, 09:19 PM
I just read a post which indicates that part of the spiel has returned. I rode it twice within the last month and don't recall hearing it at all!

Melanie
08-25-2010, 09:28 PM
I noticed a Tom Morrow bit (somewhere around Mickey's Star Traders I think) when we rode a few weeks ago.

hubbyofadisneyholic
08-25-2010, 09:37 PM
Interesting...we were there earlier this month, rode it 2 times and never heard "Tom" being paged. :confused:

Melanie
08-25-2010, 09:39 PM
Interesting...we were there earlier this month, rode it 2 times and never heard "Tom" being paged. :confused:

He's not being paged. It's definitely not the same script as before. I do remember the mention though because it got my attention.

ETA: Hmmm...I just read that older post and someone did say it was the 'paging' part. I'm going to the resort tomorrow and may try and get over to the MK and ride Peoplemover.

hubbyofadisneyholic
08-25-2010, 09:44 PM
He's not being paged. It's definitely not the same script as before. I do remember the mention though because it got my attention.

ETA: Hmmm...I just read that older post and someone did say it was the 'paging' part. I'm going to the resort tomorrow and may try and get over to the MK and ride Peoplemover.

As I recall, it was totally silent thru that entire stretch. Maybe they were just having audio problems in that area.

lovinmesomedisney
08-26-2010, 09:14 AM
I totally miss the old spiel. When we were there in April, I just did my own version. :D I will listen on my next trip in September, but if I have to, I can recite it myself!

TinkerbellFan16
08-26-2010, 08:04 PM
When I was there last year they had completely changed it. I heard none of the old spiel. I miss Tom, "now approaching", and being told to keep my tentacles in the vehicle. I hope that at least some of it is back like you guys say. 2 more months!!

disneymom2000
08-26-2010, 09:13 PM
I like the old spiel. Old Tom Morrow is no more huh? I hate when Disney changes things unnecessarily. BTW - Welcome to Intercot.:welcome:

BluewaterBrad
08-27-2010, 03:36 PM
When these posts come up I am always reminded of the "WEDway People Mover". Back then the whole ride was silent!!:mickey:

SandmanGStefani24
08-27-2010, 08:06 PM
please keep all forward facing tentacles inside the vehicle...

why did they have to change it??
:unsure:

UCJen
08-27-2010, 08:14 PM
They still have it! We were there last week. It's a woman's voice, though. I think they might have returned in response to feedback.

:mickey:

darthmacho
08-27-2010, 09:17 PM
Just got back a few days ago, and I agree, the old speil was my preference. I'm 100% positive I heard Mr. Morrow being paged. We rode twice in a row, and I heard it clearly both times. :mickey:

I was bummed out that they took out the other warnings though. I had no idea what to do with my "forward facing tentacles." :confused:

5togetherWDW
08-28-2010, 08:44 PM
Mr Morrow is now paged while you are inside Space Mountain - during one of the long dark areas, if I recall correctly. It is a different page. We heard no Saturn / give your party a ring comment and the forward facing tentacles are also still gone.

What I find interesting is that they did change all the signage to return it to being the Peoplemover. The maps still call it the Transit Authority -- but many signs now have it boldly named as the Peoplemover again. It is currently the Tomorrowland Transit Authority's Peoplemover (TTA in smaller print) - but the Peoplemover, nonetheless . . .

Melanie
09-03-2010, 06:56 PM
Mr Morrow is now paged while you are inside Space Mountain - during one of the long dark areas, if I recall correctly. It is a different page. We heard no Saturn / give your party a ring comment and the forward facing tentacles are also still gone.

This is correct. I rode today, and videotaped so I could get the correct saying. The Tom Morrow mention is after you enter the Space Mountain building, just as you are passing the illuminated Starport signs.

Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow. Please contact Mr. Johnson in the control tower to confirm your flight to the moon.

JerseyDad
09-04-2010, 12:25 AM
.....yes...things change....and in my opinion....not usually for the better. I SO DO WISH...that they'd axe the whole reference to Stitch...and the obnoxious character laughter. The TTA should be one of the few attractions that will remain the same....it's something that especially carries the "forward vision" that Walt Disney had...and needs to be revered...for lack of a better word.

Imagineer1981
09-07-2010, 04:08 PM
Mr Morrow is back! Even though its not the same

johnO
09-07-2010, 04:18 PM
Glad its still there.....Just another on of those "little things" about WDW that grabs you.

badkitty
09-07-2010, 05:53 PM
This is correct. I rode today, and videotaped so I could get the correct saying. The Tom Morrow mention is after you enter the Space Mountain building, just as you are passing the illuminated Starport signs.

I love the reference to Mr. Johnson from the original Flight to the Moon!

Mickey91
09-07-2010, 11:23 PM
I just read a post which indicates that part of the spiel has returned. I rode it twice within the last month and don't recall hearing it at all!

I think the only thing that returned was the "Paging Mr. Tom Morrow..." part. Maybe somewhere inside Space Mountain. The rest is still the new voice sending us all on a kindergarten field trip. When we're done we can go to Spaceship Earth and get part 2 of the field trip from Mrs. Calloway! :(

Melanie
09-08-2010, 07:03 AM
I think the only thing that returned was the "Paging Mr. Tom Morrow..." part. Maybe somewhere inside Space Mountain.

See post #17 of this thread. ;)