PDA

View Full Version : Transportation to Hoop Dee Doo

REV
08-25-2010, 01:18 PM
I need to get from the Wilderness Lodge to Hoop dee Doo Dinner show and was wondering what was faster to get to and back to the lodge. Should I take the boat, or Bus and is there a direct route from lodge to Hoop dee Doo or do I first have to go to the Magic Kingdom and then to the camp grounds
Thanks. :mickey:

Maleficent's Dad
08-25-2010, 04:21 PM
There are a few options. The easiest is to take the boat to Ft. Wilderness. Once there, you're a VERY short walk to Pioneer Hall. The other easy option is to walk from the lodge to Fort Wilderness. It's a lovely walk and we've seen much wildlife (including deer) along the tranquil path.
:mickey:

W24toISMdirect
08-25-2010, 04:43 PM
Yeah, just take the boat, you'll be dropped off right there. Doesn't get any easier than that!

DizneyRox
08-25-2010, 07:31 PM
There are a few options. The easiest is to take the boat to Ft. Wilderness. Once there, you're a VERY short walk to Pioneer Hall. The other easy option is to walk from the lodge to Fort Wilderness. It's a lovely walk and we've seen much wildlife (including deer) along the tranquil path.
:mickey:
Depending on the time of year/day, I would proceed with caution. We wanted to return back from Pioneer Hall to our room at WL and only got a short distance befor ethe eyes looking back at us from the darkness caused enough concern to figure another way back.

If you're heading TO the 5ish show during Spring, Summer, Fall, go ahead. 7ish show in the Summer, sure and maybe even heading back to WL after the 5ish show.

Anytime when it's getting dark or is dark, I'd take the boat.

There is a boat that does the Contemporary, Fort Wilderness, Wilderness Lodge loop running most of the time. During the slow parts of the year when MK closes way early, the boat may not be running later at night.

faline
08-25-2010, 07:42 PM
Depending on the time of year/day, I would proceed with caution. We wanted to return back from Pioneer Hall to our room at WL and only got a short distance befor ethe eyes looking back at us from the darkness caused enough concern to figure another way back.

Probably just deer. Still, this is the same road the carriage ride covers and, having been on that, I can testify that this road gets mighty dark. I wouldn't walk it without having a strong flashlight and lots of bug spray!

DizneyRox
08-25-2010, 11:19 PM
The eyes seemed too close to the ground for deer. And we had just made it down the road not quite into the woods from Pioneer Hall towards WL. It's DARK!

REV
08-27-2010, 12:59 PM
Thanks Everyone. :mickey: