PDA

View Full Version : The breakfast juice 'issue'.....

Sunshine1010
08-24-2010, 06:08 PM
I hear/read that there is a Juice that is no longer allowed to be included at Breakfast.

Is it OJ?

And if it is OJ,....is OJ still allowed for CS lunch/dinner?

Bethis26fan
08-24-2010, 06:33 PM
Is it no juice or is it you can only get 1 drink, not 2. That's how I took it I maybe wrong.

lighteningqueen
08-24-2010, 07:01 PM
Now if you are on the DDP and its a buffet breakfast all your beverages are included. Whatever you want they bring. Which if you go to Tusker you can drink gallons and gallons of that good stuff ha ha or wish that you could. but they keep filling you up if you desire more. I have never done a CS for breakfast so not sure there. Just felt that lunch is a better deal for CS credit to be used since you only have one a day. You can always use a snack credit for a roll etc anything under $4.00 you could do juice if you think its a good deal for you to use your snack for the day..
I just cannot see using a snack credit for a water bottle. Something that should be free. have you ever paid 4.00 for a bottle of water anywhere.. Just me thinking not accusing anyone, get my drift...

TheDuckRocks
08-25-2010, 11:02 AM
According to the Disney Dining Plan brochure for 2010 juice is inclued on Quick Service breakfast and a non-alcoholic beverage.
In 2011 on the DDP they will do away with the juice at breakfast for both Quick Service and Table Service meals. In the 2011 brochure all other inclusions for meals remain the same.

BrerGnat
08-25-2010, 11:31 AM
Because reconstituted OJ costs SO much to provide...:rolleyes:

Give me a break.

I can understand them only including ONE drink, but let it be whatever: milk, juice, water, soda, coffee, tea. The truth is, all the drinks have the same intrinsic "value". They are all Coca Cola products that are provided to the resort for a nominal fee, if not outright free.

This is just going to encourage people to give their kids soda at breakfast. Wonderful.

PopPhan
08-25-2010, 12:01 PM
According to the Disney Dining Plan brochure for 2010 juice is inclued on Quick Service breakfast and a non-alcoholic beverage.
In 2011 on the DDP they will do away with the juice at breakfast for both Quick Service and Table Service meals. In the 2011 brochure all other inclusions for meals remain the same.

It does not specifically state No Juice. It states:

For Quick Service:
BREAKFAST
Entree
Non-alcoholic beverage

LUNCH/DINNER
Entree
Dessert
Non-alcoholic beverage

For Table Service:
BREAKFAST
Entree
Non-alcoholic beverage
- OR -
One (1) Full Buffet

LUNCH/DINNER
Appetizer (ages 3-9 ONLY)
Entree
Dessert
Non-alcoholic beverage
- OR -
One (1) Full Buffet

I would assume that juice would be considered a non-alcoholic beverage.

BrerGnat
08-25-2010, 12:22 PM
Thanks for clearing that up. It would be really ridiculous for them to eliminate juice as a "beverage", for ANY meal.

beksy
08-26-2010, 08:32 AM
Whew...thanks for clearing that up! I love OJ at breakfast :mickey:

TheDuckRocks
08-26-2010, 09:00 AM
I would assume that juice would be considered a non-alcoholic beverage.

Yes, I'm sure for 2011 juice would be considered usable for the non-alcoholic beverage.

But, on the 2010 DDP it states for breakfast both QS and TS:
Juice
Entree
Non-alcoholic beverage.

So basically Disney is cutting out the second beverage at breakfast in 2011 and increasing the price of the DDP by something like $4 per night per person. It all adds up to the fact that the DDP may no longer be a value to some people.

Sunshine1010
08-26-2010, 09:11 AM
So let me get this straight: Recent changes to the DDP are:
- tip not included
- juice not allowed
- raising the price ANOTHER 4.00 soon

Wow

tinksmom02
08-26-2010, 11:00 AM
So let me get this straight: Recent changes to the DDP are:
- tip not included
- juice not allowed
- raising the price ANOTHER 4.00 soon

Wow

I think it's that instead of 2 beverages at breakfast, starting in 2011 it will only be 1. If I'm not mistaken, they were offering 2 beverages at breakfast instead of a bev and a dessert, like you would get if you used a CS credit at lunch or dinner.

So yeah, they're taking away a bev, and the tip is long gone (and don't forget we used to get an appetizer, too!), and they're raising the price as well.

Hmmm...

NokOnHarts
08-26-2010, 07:38 PM
I don't know why, but this issue about slowly raising prices while taking more product away always reminds me of the lesson about the frog in boiling water. Stick a frog in a pot of boiling water, he'll always jump out. Place him in a pot of cool water while slowly raising the temperature and he'll stay put till his death. Maybe we're all just sitting toads... :kermit:

disneymom2000
08-26-2010, 08:46 PM
Yes, I'm sure for 2011 juice would be considered usable for the non-alcoholic beverage.

Unless you add tequila to it.:thedolls:

TheDuckRocks
08-27-2010, 12:35 PM
Unless you add tequila to it.:thedolls:

Or vodka or champange!:D

jonahbear2006
08-28-2010, 03:39 AM
just returned and you can still get juice. i dont know where the confusion came from but it is still two drinks if you get a quick service for breakfast bc you do not get a dessert and you can get oj.

DizneyRox
08-28-2010, 07:17 AM
just returned and you can still get juice. i dont know where the confusion came from but it is still two drinks if you get a quick service for breakfast bc you do not get a dessert and you can get oj.
The changes are for 2011...

spoiledraf
08-29-2010, 08:17 PM
Just curious. How many of you yalking about the price increase are actually paying for the dining plan. Aren't most of you getting it free???:confused:

Sunshine1010
08-30-2010, 08:00 AM
ohhhh.....I NEVER knew you could get TWO drinks at breakfast. But, I hope the ONE drink you pick CAN be orange juice. My family LOVES orange juice.

magicofdisney
08-30-2010, 08:40 AM
I don't know why, but this issue about slowly raising prices while taking more product away always reminds me of the lesson about the frog in boiling water. Stick a frog in a pot of boiling water, he'll always jump out. Place him in a pot of cool water while slowly raising the temperature and he'll stay put till his death. Maybe we're all just sitting toads... :kermit:

Nice analogy.

TheDuckRocks
08-30-2010, 12:09 PM
ohhhh.....I NEVER knew you could get TWO drinks at breakfast. But, I hope the ONE drink you pick CAN be orange juice. My family LOVES orange juice.

From your signature aren't you going in Dec. 2010? If so you'd still be able to get 2.