PDA

View Full Version : SSR building closest to DTD and requesting a specific location?

O'MalleytheAlleyCat
08-24-2010, 01:53 PM
We will be staying at SSR for two nights in October during the F&W Festival (and 2 other nights at BCV!). We'd like to stay somewhere as close to DTD as possible so we can walk over there to shop, eat or catch a bus to another resort. Can anyone help me with which building would be good to request? Also, we have never requested a specific building/location before for a DVC stay. How should I go about doing that? Do I call member services to add something to the reservation or do I contact the resort directly closer to the time of the actual reservation? Thanks so much!!

laprana
08-24-2010, 04:24 PM
Congress Park is the section of SSR that's closest to DTD. I'm not positive, but I think the building with room #s 1101-1436 is closest. If memory serves me, there were pathways from several of the buildings in Congress Park that lead to the walkway to DTD.

The best way to request a specific location is to call Member Services and have them add it to your reservation. Your best bet is to request Congress Park and a room as close to the DTD walkway as possible, rather than ask for a specific room number. Hope this helps and have a great trip! :mickey:

Joannelet
08-24-2010, 05:58 PM
I'm not positive, but I think the building with room #s 1101-1436 is closest. If memory serves me, there were pathways from several of the buildings in Congress Park that lead to the walkway to DTD.

This is correct. This is the building we use to stay in before our DS was born :)

MinnieMommie
08-24-2010, 09:35 PM
You can call DVC and ask to have the room request placed on your reservation then when you check in I would remind them of your request. It is never for certain they will be able to meet your request but I have gotten the building I have requested every time at SSR. Congress is a very quick and lovely walk to DD. :mickey:

Here we go again...
08-25-2010, 02:49 AM
We have had no luck getting congress park but have always gotten our second choice.

We always seem to go at a busy time and I am sure that is the most requested section.

I would call. Even if it is a busy time you never know!! Good luck!

laprana
08-25-2010, 02:46 PM
Just an additional thought...We stayed at SSR in December 2009 and were in the Paddock area, in the building with room #s 6501-6836. It was very close to Congress Park and a quick walk to the DTD walkway. Our building was directly across the street from the Congress Park bus stop. This might be a good area to request as a back-up location to Congress Park. Although in looking at the map, the Paddock is stretched out a pretty long way, so if you just requested the Paddock, you might end up kind of far away from Congress Park and the DTD walkway.

O'MalleytheAlleyCat
08-25-2010, 07:30 PM
That is exactly what I needed to know...thanks, everyone!!