PDA

View Full Version : Park to Park transportation

Mitzie
08-24-2010, 11:55 AM
My DH and DD are wanting to do an adrenaline day and basically hop from HS to AK to MK and ride roller coasters. We will be at BWI so getting to HS isn't a problem. Are there busses that go from park to park and if so where are their bus stops at the parks. We have never picked up the park hopper option before so this is new to us.

renecat
08-24-2010, 12:02 PM
We have never done what you want to do. For some reason I can't remeber if there is park to park from each park. You may have to go to the transportation center. HS you could just go over to the BW and board one of the the buses from one of the bus stop to MK and the transportation center is by the MK so you could get a bus to AK.

faline
08-24-2010, 12:06 PM
There are park to park busses which varies based on which park you're at and which park you're trying to get to.

MaxPower
08-24-2010, 12:06 PM
Yes, there are buses that go park to park.

The bus stops are located at the front of each park.

At HS and AK, just go out of the park exit and follow the path to the right. At MK, you exit and follow the path to the left.

You will not need to go to the Ticket and Transportation Center.

Based on the earlier closing hours for AK and the location of the parks, I would suggest you go to AK, then HS and finally MK. It will be easier to ride Expedition Everest with minimal wait as your first coaster of the day instead of the middle of the day.

Ms. Mode
08-24-2010, 01:58 PM
Park Hopping is fun, just one thing to remember though; you use up a lot of time hopping, 30 minutes to an hour depending on how long you have to wait for the bus.

Still, it's worth it! Have fun! :thumbsup:

CleveRocks
08-24-2010, 04:05 PM
To go to or from Magic Kingdom from another park, you MUST go through the Transportation & Ticket Center. To get from MK to Epcot, you take a monorail or ferry to the TTC. At the TTC, you take a separate monorail train to Epcot, and you can catch individual buses to Animal Kingdom and Disney's Hollywood Studios. There are no park-to-park buses at the MK bus area, only buses to resorts.

From Epcot, there are individual buses at the front entrance to DHS and AK. And of course, the monorail to the TTC and then on to MK. At Epcot's back door, the International Gateway, you can catch a FriendShip boat to DHS, and you can also choose to walk to DHS (which isn't a short walk, but it's usually quicker time-wise to walk than to take the boat with its many stops).

From DHS, there are individual buses to the TTC, Epcot and AK.

From AK, there are individual buses to the TTC, Epcot and DHS.

BowTie7
08-24-2010, 06:22 PM
As I remember it the park to park buses don't run very often, it seemed like a longer wait than for the hotels. In a few cases I may be better to go to a nearby hotel (like the Contemporary for the Magic Kingdon and then monorail or walk rather than a very long wait and still have to take a monorail from the transportation and ticket center)

WDWdriver
08-24-2010, 09:56 PM
There is usually a lot of confusion about park to park transportation. And you have received some conflicting answers in this thread. The only response that is complete and exactly correct is the one from CleveRocks above. I suggest you print out his response and carry it with you.

While there is not always a park to park BUS, there IS always park to park TRANSPORTATION.

wdwfansince75
08-24-2010, 10:15 PM
CleveRocks has the straight answer. From my experience, the DHS-TTC and the AK-TTC buses run about every 20 minutes.
If your objective is EE, RnRC, and the MK mountains, the quickest way, with the least hassle, is to take the BW-AK bus for AK opening, do EE once or twice, get the AK-DHS bus, do RnRC (with a fastpass, if necessary), and take the DHS-TTC bus and the monorail to MK for those mtns. If you are doing this on a DHS EMH, start there first, and AK as early as possible...and if you complete the MK mountains in time to do so, take the monorail to EPCOT, stroll through EPCOT on the way to BW, and claim all four in one day. If you do this on an MK EMH morning, stick with the above plan....BTM and Splash do not open for MK EMH mornings. Note that all three mountains are open for evening EMH.