PDA

View Full Version : Magic Kingdom Rope Drop

Goes4FastPass
08-24-2010, 11:04 AM
We keep saying we’re going to be at the MK when it open but we haven’t gotten there that early in several years.

If the posted open time is 9am how “far” can guests go prior to that time? Just pass the turnstiles to the Train Station? Main Street?

Thanks for the info!

Dragongirlx
08-24-2010, 11:08 AM
They generally let you just past the turnstiles so you can see the train station but not through into main street till after the opening ceremony.

MaxPower
08-24-2010, 12:12 PM
Just a note about the opening ceremony.

You will be allowed through the turnstiles with your tickets.

Then, the show takes place on the railroad platform that is dead center.

However, guests enter through either entrance on the left and right.

So - many people are lined up waiting to enter even though they are watching the show off to their side. Those watching dead center are fewer in number. After they watch the show, they then have to go enter behind the hundreds of others waiting in line at one of the two entry points.

Bay Lake
08-24-2010, 01:42 PM
I saw the rope drop twice 2 weeks ago. not very crowded. Was able to see the train pull in and the show, then just walked to the rides we wanted. I was shocked because I thought it was going to be mobbed with people. We had fanatsyland done by 11am and it was the first week in August.

mainstdisney
08-24-2010, 02:19 PM
I was down two weeks ago for a Disney Institute Leadership Excellence class and got to pass the Magic Kingdom entrance every morning about rope drop time - that and ride the monorail every morning - pretty cool. Anyway, I got a new phone the day before I left. I was testing the video capabilities one morning and got this video of MK opening. Here's a blog post with a short video. Remember it's my phone, but it's supposed to be HD. The videos are the same, I'm just testing different video hosting - viddler vs. vimeo.

http://bit.ly/cb1Bps

Mike