PDA

View Full Version : longer tickets

LVT
08-23-2010, 06:50 PM
I would like the 14 and 21 day tickets available to our overseas buddies. We get 10 hopper/plus. The next step up is Premium annual pass. We can only get there every few years, so the AP/PAP
are pointless. When we vacation, it is usually about 3 weeks. We could easily stay at WDW and do lots of stuff from there, but without a longer ticket option it seems pointless.
Was this ever tried?

faline
08-23-2010, 08:40 PM
If you stay for three weeks, why wouldn't the annual pass work for you? I would guess you would exceed the break even point with a stay of that length?

Melanie
08-23-2010, 08:44 PM
If you stay for three weeks, why wouldn't the annual pass work for you? I would guess you would exceed the break even point with a stay of that length?

Plus all the other discounts/perks that come along with an annual pass would be a plus, I'd think.

marlyn
08-23-2010, 11:17 PM

With the room discounts you get with an AP, I find anything longer than 10 days and it is worth it. I vacation for 2 weeks and I buy the AP.

Zone Stop
08-23-2010, 11:20 PM
^^ And incidentally, the longest MYW ticket is 10 days...

joonyer
08-23-2010, 11:25 PM
APs are only good for 12 months anyway, so going to WDW once every three years doesn't really make them pointless. You don't have to visit WDW every year to need an AP for one particular year. If you are staying for 3 weeks in one visit, it seems to me that an AP is just what you need.

We used to visit almost every year, but we couldn't ever stay more than a week in a single year, so the APs were pointless for us. But the length of your stay would seem to make APs the right choice for you.

DizneyRox
08-24-2010, 12:41 AM
What the OP is really asking for is a 14day pass where days 11, 12, 13 and 14 are only a couple bucks a piece, much the same way the days greater than 7 are calculated...

The jump from 10 day MYW to AP is a bit extreme. While I admit that the AP is the better choice for domestic travellers at > 10 days, the AP is a very pricy option.

It's the one we often choose, but I'm seeing MYW tickets in my future as a way to save money. No more two trips a year, I'm going to be checking elsewhere until the value starts keeping up with the prices.

LVT
08-28-2010, 06:37 PM
Sorry to be unclear. 10 day hopper + options is about 385. PAP is 680 without waterparks.
For the sake of maybe 3 more in park days, no.
We will do Universal, NASA, beaches etc. I was just dreaming of being able to stay at same hotel, go to Kennedy Space center and come back to EPCOT for evening fun; for a few dollars rather than 300.

Daisy'sMom
08-28-2010, 07:44 PM
I thought the AP was about 531 or so. When did it go up? It would seem well worth it to me to get the annual pass. You would make it up with the perks.:mickey:

I LoveJack
08-28-2010, 09:49 PM
The reg AP is $499 plus taxes so if you go for 2 different vacations within that 12 month period it would definately be worth the extra cost. If you were going for 3 weeks it would be worth the extra cost. So it really just depends on your vacation plans. I will be getting my first AP this Oct. I have a 5 day trip planned then and a 7 day trip planned for Christmas. We will probably be going back in March of next year and I know will be back again next October so will definately pay for itself in the long run.

Melanie
08-28-2010, 10:14 PM
PAP is 680 without waterparks.

A premium annual pass does include waterparks (along with park hopping and free parking, Disney Quest, WWOS, Oak Trail golf, etc), and is $669.89, including tax.

An annual pass is $531.44 with tax and includes park hopping and free parking.

JPL
08-28-2010, 10:31 PM
A big think to consider if you are planning to stay on Disney property for that long are the AP room discounts and the access to a Tables in Wonderland Card for dining discounts. So if you factor in everything a Premium AP offers and do the math it might be your best bet. AP rates for rooms average 20-40% off Rack rates and TIW saves 20% on food if you join. Don't forget the 10% off merchandise.

LVT
09-03-2010, 02:46 PM
Thank you all. I will watch to see if any AP specials come out during our May trip. I need a spreadsheet. We don't buy stuff, but TIW looks tempting.